Honored Contributor

Re: Prince William and Kate join the Queen at church at Sandringham today

Kate's a stunner in that blue.  So elegant.  She has an air of gentle self-possession that is very appealing.

I've noticed recently that the Queen is wearing more neutrals, replacing some of the bright colors she always sported in years past.  The old bromide was that she had to wear those colors to be easily spotted in a crowd, both for her subjects to easily identify her, and for security purposes, etc.  But I like that she's "branching out" with that camel outfit, for example.  Nice change.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sooner

While I'm not a "royal watcher" by any means, I so agree with your post.   I stopped watching our local news because of the "dress" code of most of the anchor women and women reporters ... and, yes, it's their choice (or the station's) ... but it's also my choice not to give them my business.  

When did low cut, sleeveless, tight, short dressing become the norm?   Men still wear jackets and ties and look professional.

Honored Contributor

Kate always looks beautiful.

I like that she wears color a lot..

Honored Contributor

Kate's coat is so pretty, I love the color. She seems to be favoring headbands over hats lately.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

The Queen looks amazing as usual.  Sophisticated and stylish.  That camel color is a  nice change from the pastels and jewel tones.  Looks like fur cuffs.   We can't see what Kate is wearing but it seems to be lovely but not special or fashion foward.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ILTH wrote:

Kate's style is always so dated, matronly and boring. The queen is the queen. Hate her clothes and accessories, but, they're so her.  Love so much of Meghan's clothes. She, usually, looks sleek, modern and youthful (but, not too young). YMMV

@ILTH.  I think you're confused and just the opposite is true.  You see Meghans clothes as sleek and modern.  I see them as plain, unadorned lacking design details and plain boring.  Even the colors she wears are boring. 

Kate plays the role of future queen to a "T".  Her wardrobe is modern and enhances her figure perfectly.  She looks like what she is.  She's always perfectly turned out.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624

I think you're confused

Confusion isn't one of my problems. 

Respected Contributor

I love Kate's style!   Always beautifully dressed and picture perfect.  I actually think she looks exactly like what a fairy-tale princess looks like.  Not saying that's a good thing, but I do think she looks like that.

Okay.  Am I the only one to wonder why William and Kate tower over everyone else in that picture?  

image.png

Honored Contributor

@ItsME wrote:

Okay.  Am I the only one to wonder why William and Kate tower over everyone else in that picture?  

@ItsME Hmmmm.....interesting observation. You are correct. Maybe it is the angle of the photographer and their camera? No, that can't be it. The walkway and the grass seem to be the same level.