Esteemed Contributor

Re: PLEASE BE AWARE - JEANS - HEADS UP

I want my jeans to come up to my waist or slightly below.  Anything else is uncomfortable to me.  As long as I like how I look and am comfortable, I don't care what anyone else is wearing or what they think about what I wear.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

ugh i just got rid of my low-riders a couple years ago and a most of my skinny jeans . 

now i wear wide leg / high waisted .  i regret dumping my bleach washed silvertab Levis ('90s)   for low-riders. 

no freakin way i'll go back to hip huggers.  nope. nothin doin'

Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree  I don't casre what model's and these so called "influencer's (lol) are doing either but youth will get on the band wagon and follow them.  The youth is where the big dollars come from.

I live in South Florida amongst the finest shopping areas of the country.  I remember 10 years back I went to every story from Neimans, Saks and Bloomie's.  Must have tried on at least 50 pair of jeans and none fit me.  It was frustrating and I gave up.  There was a Citizens of Humanity that was ok, but not perfect.  It kept sliding down.  I gave up until Laurie.

I think back and saw Laurie Felt on a tv show called "hot in hollywood" on HSN  For some reason they looked good.  I bought and was so happy.  I wore her jeans for years until the rises started getting back to normal. Will miss her!

Esteemed Contributor

@CatsyCline wrote:

ugh i just got rid of my low-riders a couple years ago and a most of my skinny jeans . 

now i wear wide leg / high waisted .  i regret dumping my bleach washed silvertab Levis ('90s)   for low-riders. 

no freakin way i'll go back to hip huggers.  nope. nothin doin'

@CatsyCline 

I still have my button up Calvin Klein straight leg jeans from the 90's. I loved them so much I seached thrift stores to get backup pairs.

I still have the original pair, even though they are a bit big on me. They are a mid-rise jean and when worn with boots...l look like I have very long legs.

Like you, not going to be wearing hip huggers or low riders. If all else fails, I will go back to original Levi 501 jeans and have waist taken in.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Valued Contributor

I can't stand jeans at my hip bones! I have a pair and I'm constantly tugging them up.No thanks!
Respected Contributor

That's a good idea @kate2357  I don't know what the 50l levi's are but wil check them out.

I'm going on vacation tomorrow and will be back in about 2 weeks.

I was waiting on the AG "friends & family" 25 percent discount they have twice a year but it hasn't happened yet.  Watch it start tomorrow. lol.

Then I will stock up on skinny high rise and can relax.  Price be darned. lol.  

They just make your legs looks so nice and long.  A rpetty slender look.  A bit of flare makes the leg even longer looking.

real low riders and I mean under 7 inches make you look stumpy IMO.

Take care all!

Respected Contributor

@Pink123 wrote:

That's a good idea @kate2357  I don't know what the 50l levi's are but wil check them out.

I'm going on vacation tomorrow and will be back in about 2 weeks.

I was waiting on the AG "friends & family" 25 percent discount they have twice a year but it hasn't happened yet.  Watch it start tomorrow. lol.

Then I will stock up on skinny high rise and can relax.  Price be darned. lol.  

They just make your legs looks so nice and long.  A rpetty slender look.  A bit of flare makes the leg even longer looking.

real low riders and I mean under 7 inches make you look stumpy IMO.

Take care all!

@Pink123   safe travels!  enjoy your vacation!

Respected Contributor

Thanks @CatsyCline see you all later. Sorry for my mispelling's.  I type and think fast.

Trusted Contributor

I prefer low rise. My hips are larger and I get droopy in the but if I got with a higher waist. I also have a belly piercing and higher jeans rub against it and irritate it.