Honored Contributor

Way too much communication...

in our society today. I needed Rx refills. I went on line and put in the Rx # at walgreens site. It immediately told me they will be ready for pickup tomorrow after 11AM. Fine. So far I have gotten 3 e mails and a text to tell me they have received the request for a refill and I'm absolutely certain as soon as they are filled it will generate several more e mails and texts to tell me that. I like the convenience and all of doing things electronically but Geez Louise - do I really need to be informed of each step along the way numerous times?

Honored Contributor

Re: Way too much communication...

And Heaven help you if they deem you need a refill but you don't get it. For instance my doctor has changed a lot of my meds so I have Rx in there that I am no longer using. I get text after text after text to get them filled. I finally went to the drugstore and had a sit down with the pharmacist to get straight with the computer what my current Rx were.

Valued Contributor

Wow...that is a bit excessive!

I use CVS, and I got a text asking if I wanted to refill one of mine that I'd forgotten to put on auto.  I replied yes, I got 1 text confirming and 1 text when it was ready.

Just out of curiosity I looked at my communication preferences before posting and I have both email and text reminders.

You are right...I wouldn't want that many!  It would drive me nuts.

Valued Contributor

@151949 wrote:

And Heaven help you if they deem you need a refill but you don't get it. For instance my doctor has changed a lot of my meds so I have Rx in there that I am no longer using. I get text after text after text to get them filled. I finally went to the drugstore and had a sit down with the pharmacist to get straight with the computer what my current Rx were.

I have a place online in my CVS where I can archive any Rx that I'm no longer taking but still have refills, for that same reason, so I won't get a text reminder.  Love that feature! 👍

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@151949 wrote:

Well how in the world is the pharmacy supposed to know that you didn't need the older scripts?  It's common sense for the pharmacy to follow-up if refills are still available.

It's not their responsibility to determine if a script is not needed.

Many people, especially the elderly, forget to take their prescribed meds as it is; a reminder from the pharmacy would at least keep them aware. 

This is really not a big deal in life's overall picture. jmoymmv

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

That's why I have resisted having my pharmacy text me. 

But what irritates me is that when I phone in a script and the pharmacy doesn't have the entire quantity of meds, they never call to tell me that. I get the surprise when I go to pick up the script. So now, I have to make two trips to pick up one script.

Honored Contributor

@deeva wrote:

That's why I have resisted having my pharmacy text me. 

But what irritates me is that when I phone in a script and the pharmacy doesn't have the entire quantity of meds, they never call to tell me that. I get the surprise when I go to pick up the script. So now, I have to make two trips to pick up one script.

I hate when they do that too. The Walgreens in the small town where our camp is does that a lot, so I go to one further away but that is much more efficient at getting it done the first time.

Respected Contributor

I had a situation with a pharmacy once (it was Caremark, the CVS mail-order branch) that ended with their emailing my primary care doctor that I was not taking my medicine.

I was trying to get them to stop sending the generic (which did not work at all for me) and send me instead the brand name (which works perfectly).  They kept saying OK and then sending the generic. I would send it back, call, stay on hold, etc. and think it was cleared up but the process began again at every refill.

Then they started hassling the doctor even though he has been writing "medically necessary" on his script for the proprietary version.  Yikes. 

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@151949 wrote:

Well how in the world is the pharmacy supposed to know that you didn't need the older scripts?  It's common sense for the pharmacy to follow-up if refills are still available.

It's not their responsibility to determine if a script is not needed.

Many people, especially the elderly, forget to take their prescribed meds as it is; a reminder from the pharmacy would at least keep them aware. 

This is really not a big deal in life's overall picture. jmoymmv

I did not mind going through the drugs with them to get things straight but the pharmacist made me  make an appointment and go to the store to go over these with him in person instead of just doing it on the phone and that irritated me. Isn't it common sense that if you now have a Rx for 2 new BP meds, and you are saying you don't need the previous meds , that you are correct, and the doctor has changed your Rx?

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

in our society today. I needed Rx refills. I went on line and put in the Rx # at walgreens site. It immediately told me they will be ready for pickup tomorrow after 11AM. Fine. So far I have gotten 3 e mails and a text to tell me they have received the request for a refill and I'm absolutely certain as soon as they are filled it will generate several more e mails and texts to tell me that. I like the convenience and all of doing things electronically but Geez Louise - do I really need to be informed of each step along the way numerous times?

Feel the LOVE.