Respected Contributor

Re: Troubling Phone incident this evening

Regardless of the carpet being fixed..no company should employ a CS Rep at a Call Center who when has a bad days swears at the customers. They need to know so they can deal with it..

Respected Contributor

#1 rule when speaking to customer service -- ""Always"" get the name of who you speak with and make a note of that name.

Honored Contributor

On 3/3/2015 CouponQueen said:

Regardless of the carpet being fixed..no company should employ a CS Rep at a Call Center who when has a bad days swears at the customers. They need to know so they can deal with it..

When I was in training to sell health insurance, I worked in the call center. All the calls are taped and reviewed by the supervisor.

I think most if not all call centers have recorded lines - so they can go back & review their employees' performance and check out any complaints they receive.

Of course they will also hear the poster and how she acted towards their employee too.

Yes, the customer is always right...but sometimes there are two sides to the story!

Respected Contributor

On 3/3/2015 terrier3 said:

When I was in training to sell health insurance, I worked in the call center. All the calls are taped and reviewed by the supervisor.

I think most if not all call centers have recorded lines - so they can go back & review their employees' performance and check out any complaints they receive.

Of course they will also hear the poster and how she acted towards their employee too.

Yes, the customer is always right...but sometimes there are two sides to the story!

Your call "MAY" be recorded not guarenteed to be recorded....call centers record a % of calls not every single call....then those % of calls are ramdomly selected for QA purposes to coach/train/and even provide #'s for monthly bonuses to call center reps. Unless an employee is on 100% call watch for possible infraction that requires additional recording to capture bad behavior I can assure you not 100% of calls are recorded.

For example: Employee A may be recorded for 25 calls on the 3rd Monday of the month while emplyee B may be recorded for 100 on the last Friday of the month and so on and so on....it's random so the employee does not know when they are recorded....then out of those calls recorded....the manaer would randomly select the amount needed for QA/bonus purposes.....for example 20 calls per month per employee may be QA'd to determine bonuses.

Trusted Contributor

On 3/2/2015 Dam Yankee said:

I'd call the corporate office of the company and tell them what happened. That is unacceptable.

Ditto.

Honored Contributor

On 3/3/2015 straykatz said:
On 3/3/2015 terrier3 said:

Your call "MAY" be recorded not guarenteed to be recorded....call centers record a % of calls not every single call....then those % of calls are ramdomly selected for QA purposes to coach/train/and even provide #'s for monthly bonuses to call center reps. Unless an employee is on 100% call watch for possible infraction that requires additional recording to capture bad behavior I can assure you not 100% of calls are recorded.

For example: Employee A may be recorded for 25 calls on the 3rd Monday of the month while emplyee B may be recorded for 100 on the last Friday of the month and so on and so on....it's random so the employee does not know when they are recorded....then out of those calls recorded....the manaer would randomly select the amount needed for QA/bonus purposes.....for example 20 calls per month per employee may be QA'd to determine bonuses.

The health insurance company where I worked in the call center recorded every call.

Respected Contributor

Terrier..I'm just giving you my experience as both a caller center manager and call center trainer how it worked in the 3 companies I worked for in the past....the majority of call centers do it this way....however....our employees all knew each and every call had the potential to be recorded. I seriously doubt this carpet place has sophisticated call center software....same for a lot of other places with customer service reps....so that's why it's crucial to always make note of who you are talking with....I get their name at the beginning of my call no matter what so there is never any question as to whom I'm speaking with....and if I need to or choose to report them for bad service or compliment them for great service then I can do so.

Honored Contributor

Terrier..I'm just giving you my experience as both a caller center manager and call center trainer how it worked in the 3 companies I worked for in the past....the majority of call centers do it this way....however....our employees all knew each and every call had the potential to be recorded. I seriously doubt this carpet place has sophisticated call center software....same for a lot of other places with customer service reps....so that's why it's crucial to always make note of who you are talking with....I get their name at the beginning of my call no matter what so there is never any question as to whom I'm speaking with....and if I need to or choose to report them for bad service or compliment them for great service then I can do so.

I guess since insurance is so highly regulated, they have to strictly record all the calls vs. a carpet place.

That is how people are able to switch Medicare and other plans over the phone - it's done on recorded lines.

Respected Contributor

#1 rule when speaking to customer service -- "Always" get the name of who you speak with and make a note of that name.

My mother taught me that so many years ago.

She was so right!

Another thing I do is record date and time of call. The more specific you can be about the call, the less you can be challenged. I found people take you more seriously if you can lay it all out.

Hyacinth

Honored Contributor

On 3/2/2015 Diamonds22 said:
On 3/2/2015 madcity411 said:
On 3/2/2015 songbird said:
On 3/2/2015 moonstone dunes said:

was it Empire Today ?

No but close. They're phone number is a jingle. I think Empire is their rival.

Luna?

I was going to say Luna when I read your answer. If it is them they have gotten very bad reviews & I would never do business with them.

Diamonds22

Yes it was. "Drum roll" They do get very bad reviews. Though I only found after I purchased the carpet, LOL.