Honored Contributor

Re: Troubling Phone incident this evening

On 3/2/2015 songbird said:
On 3/2/2015 NoelSeven said:

We have to be careful when we complain about a company on social media. They've begun to fight back and threaten legal action against who condemned them publicly.

It's really a gray area at this point it time. Companies have a way of tracing their name on social media so they can get back to who said something about them.

On Instagram, I mentioned a local business a couple of times that we really like. I was surprised when I got a thank you back from them {#emotions_dlg.scared}

I took the tweet down almost right after I put it up. I know there are psychos out there. My husband told me to forget and don't do anything again. We will also never do business with them. They have to replace the carpet. That they can do. But afterwards never bother with them again.

I think that was a good thing for you to do Smile

People around here use Yelp as an outlet for complaints and bad reviews, but some stores are trying to fight back. I can see their point that sometimes it's the reviewer who is out of line and not them.

In your case, you had every right to complain.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

On 3/2/2015 moonstone dunes said:

was it Empire Today ?

No but close. They're phone number is a jingle. I think Empire is their rival.

Lumber Liquidators?

Super Contributor

And this is why customer service has gotten so dismal in this country. If folks don't stand up for themselves, they will continue to be treated like a doormat for people with krap on their shoes.

Honored Contributor

On 3/2/2015 terrier3 said:

I think you have bigger fish to fry with this company than worrying about a phone rep.

They sold you defective carpet and you are still having issues.

I wouldn't give them the satisfaction of considering you a B...I'd be sweet in an effort to get your MAIN issue resolved.

I'd apologize tomorrow and say that you overreacted because you were upset about the poor quality of the rug and you need a resolution ASAP....bring the conversation back to the real issue.

It's not really the carpet people but the call center. I don't know if they are part of the company or not. The carpet is separate. We have an appointment and we have permission to get a another carpet. That's not the problem. I will tell that I don't want to stir up the pot or cause any problem when if fact, it 's not their customer representatives.

Honored Contributor

was it Empire Today ?

Lumber Liquidators?

LOL! Nope.

Honored Contributor

was it Empire Today ?

Lumber Liquidators?

LOL! Nope.

Well at least that's something to be grateful for!

Honored Contributor

On 3/2/2015 Dam Yankee said:

I'd call the corporate office of the company and tell them what happened. That is unacceptable.

Yes, I agree .... you are in the right here, so deal with the corporate headquarters ... not making remarks on Twitter .... what good does that do for your floor? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Super Contributor

was it Empire Today ?

Luna?

Honored Contributor

I certainly wouldn't fool around with peons at the local level. I'd take my complaint and go right to the top. To find the top, get on your computer. It's amazing what you can find there. You were treated very rudely.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Call corporate or continue to complain to what end? In the grand scheme of things, why does it even matter. This is someone you will never deal with again.

Maybe he was having a bad day. Maybe you were being unrealistic. Maybe you misheard.

What's the point of continuing to be upset or worry about someone who answered phone somewhere just because your feelings are hurt. Why give this man and his actions free rent in your head?