Trusted Contributor

PASSENGER TRAIN DERAILS IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA

News outlets are reporting at least 30 people injured in a commuter train derailment - Ventura County
Honored Contributor

Re: PASSENGER TRAIN DERAILS IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA

Terrible...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Trusted Contributor

Yes it is Cromer. I believe the train struck a vehicle on the tracks.
Honored Contributor

OXNARD, Calif. (AP) — Three cars of a Southern California Metrolink commuter train have derailed and tumbled onto their sides after a collision with a truck on tracks in Ventura County northwest of Los Angeles.

Oxnard police Sgt. Denise Shadinger says the crash reported at 5:44 a.m. Tuesday caused a number of injuries.

So terrible. {#emotions_dlg.crying}

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Super Contributor

There's going to be an update on ABC7 in a few minutes but so far they're saying a big rig was on the tracks and the driver of the truck took off but they found him 2 miles away.

He didn't get injured. He's being held for questioning but not arrested ...yet.

I think they said around 30 people were injured. There are minor and critical injuries and the captain has critical injuries.

Valued Contributor

Top story on the news (ABC 7). Several people in critical condition but no fatalities thankfully.

Driver of the truck unhurt but tried to run away.

Super Contributor

What worries me is that these commuter trains & freight trains are easy targets for terrorism.

All they have to do is park a vehicle on the tracks, cause them to derail and stop commuter lines for days and weeks not to mention potential deaths.

Valued Contributor

On 2/24/2015 OC FRESH said:

What worries me is that these commuter trains & freight trains are easy targets for terrorism.

All they have to do is park a vehicle on the tracks, cause them to derail and stop commuter lines for days and weeks not to mention potential deaths.

It's absolutely a possibility.

Super Contributor

So the big rig driver is 54yrs old from Arizona hauling produce.

They found him in a 'dazed' frame of mind 2 miles away then took him to the hospital to get checked although he had no injuries. He's still being held.

They're not saying anything more about the accident and probably won't for a few days.

8 out of 30 people were released from the hospital.

Honored Contributor

I find it odd that the driver just walked/ran away....did the truck stall? I doubt it.....

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G