Honored Contributor

Re: Sympathy for those of you up north

[ Edited ]

@ballyk wrote:

@SuzieGarnet wrote:

I love snow, I miss snow in my beautiful East Tennessee but it doesn't snow like it used too.  When it does snow in our part of N. Georgia, I say let it come after everyone's off the road on a Friday evening and be off the roads during the week-end and mostly gone by Monday.

Lots of people work on weekends when roads aren't maintained as well as weekdays. ]

@ballyk,

Well thank you for that, as I was well aware of people working on the week-ends when I made my post.  I said "be off the roads during the week-end" meaning the snow. 

Have a great day!

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Esteemed Contributor

I love the cold,  the change of seasons, the snow, whatever the weather brings us.  I have family SOUTH and I would not trade it.  I have mountains, and lakes and forests, beautiful wildlife,  and all that is beautiful from nature.  

Esteemed Contributor

I really don't know how I lived in Buffalo most of my life and never complained about being cold. There were many times I ran up to the store with no jacket on and I would even wait for the school bus with no coat. I once sat outside for 6 hrs tailgating for a Bills game when the windchill was -20 degrees and it didn't bother me at all.

A couple of days ago it was 33 degrees on my way to work and I was shivering so bad that I had to pull over to wait for my car to warm up because it was affecting my driving. 

I just can't handle it anymore. I went skiing at least 6-8 times a season and took my daughter snow shoeing, X country skiing, and sledding. I didn't realize how soft I have become to cold weather.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

Grew up in the northeast, so don't know any different. Love the seasons.