Honored Contributor

Sympathy for those of you up north

We are feeling the chill here in Florida too but nothing like up in Pittsburgh where todays high will be 17. Since I'm freezing at 57 degrees I have much sympathy for you all. We just turned on the furnace for the first time in 2 years. Get under those nice fleece throws you all get at QVC and keep warm. I just got home from sewing club - i drove down on the golf cart --- big mistake - and we were all sitting around in sweatshirts and fleece jackets. You all northerners would have gotten a laugh at us.

Respected Contributor

Re: Sympathy for those of you up north

@151949 wrote:

We are feeling the chill here in Florida too but nothing like up in Pittsburgh where todays high will be 17. Since I'm freezing at 57 degrees I have much sympathy for you all. We just turned on the furnace for the first time in 2 years. Get under those nice fleece throws you all get at QVC and keep warm. I just got home from sewing club - i drove down on the golf cart --- big mistake - and we were all sitting around in sweatshirts and fleece jackets. You all northerners would have gotten a laugh at us.

@151949 yes - we are all laughing at you right now - it is frigid here in Indiana!  I'm having a problem keeping my home at 60 degrees inside!  Enjoy the sun for all of us.

Valued Contributor

It's 10 here with wind chill of -5. Considering leaving the house for the first time in a week but DH will have to snow blow again first. Then get to drive on bad roads Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor

It was 9 when I came to work this morning but with the wind chill, it was in the negative. 

I live in North Central Ohio and we have maybe an inch of snow.  The eastern counties got a snowstorm overnight and it's my understanding it was still coming down this morning so I guess things could be worse, although I wouldn't mind all that snow.

It's also my understanding a huge storm is supposed to hit the northeast but I heard bits and pieces as I was getting ready for work.

If it was 57 here, we'd be in shorts.  LOL       

Honored Contributor

I don't know...I'm kinda loving the cold weather that has hit us finally : D

Honored Contributor

@hoosieroriginal, burrrrrrrrrrrr in your house..  You bundle up!!   

@151949, 57 degrees is very chilly in Florida.  I had a guy from Minnesota make fun of me for saying how cold it was one night, after being in Magic Kingdom.  Heck it was in the upper 40's and in shorts it was cold..

You stay bundled up too!!  You and hoosier can share the fireplace.. 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

How long did you live up north?  I don't think the dread of cold has left you---after all those years of bitter winters.

I've lived in the south since my late teens, so when these *Artic chills* hit, they are kind of exciting. 

I remember sledding and ice skating as a kid, but I didn't remember ever being *cold*.  My parents say it's because we didn't have to pay the electric bill.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the 'warm' thoughts.  Here in Wisconsin we have resorted to a roaring fire in the fireplace and a dish of lasagna baking in the oven.  It is brutal to snuggle on the couch under my down comforter in a flannel nightgown and fleece slippers.  After I'm through sipping my mug of hot cocoa, I'll think about how we will muddle through 'til spring.

Honored Contributor

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Regular Contributor

Thanks for your concerns about us here in the frozen north.  Just got back from Giant Eagle and it was packed.  Yesterday was awful with heavy blowing snow and I think a lot of people stayed home.  I know we did! 

It is cold today, but the sun is shining, so that helps.

Time to take doggie out. He isn't a fan of snow, so DH dug a path for him in the backyard.  Supposed to be up in the 40s this weekend, so we can tough it out till then.