Super Contributor

Re: Survey on Blogs and Forums

@Isobel Archer 🤣 "silence everyone"????  How funny! Oh, the irony!  🤣

Super Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

@threecees wrote:

I answered the survey. I hope they are not considering doing away with these forums in the near future.

I would miss it here very much.

Having worked in high up positions in the corporate world for 40 years, it's exactly why they are doing the survey. 

That's an interesting theory, and I respect that you have the experience to back it up, but if that's the case, it seems like they would have asked more questions and used a different method to gather responses since there have been glitches.  

I wonder how many concerns have been been expressed to corporate over the years that were spawned from something that happened (or was posted) in this community.  It would be fascinating to see those records if they kept up with them.  😂

Trusted Contributor

FYI - The theory that customers are boycotting the Q is indeed false. 🥱😴 It’s beyond me why someone would want their nose to grow. 😳
Honored Contributor

@1tuffcookie wrote:

I hope QVC is reading this thread to see how some appear to be pressuring others to lie in order to "save" the forums.  

The reality is there are more posts in this community to encourage others to buy elsewhere than there are to shop here.  There are lots of comments in the community indicating people don't even watch QVC anymore.  The beauty forum is full of recommendations for products that can't be purchase at QVC, and many times they recommend something less expensive than what QVC is selling.  People aren't allowed to provide honest feedback about hosts and programming if that feedback is considered negative.  Overall, I think it's odd that QVC bothers to finance this community considering what they get in return.

@1tuffcookie 

That's not accurate.  I went back and didn't see any post where people were encouraged to lie. 

Yes, a couple people asked others to say something positive, but I'm guessing that even you could think of something positive about these forums .... or you wouldn't be here, right?  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@1tuffcookie wrote:

@Isobel Archer wrote:

@1tuffcookie wrote:

@Isobel Archer wrote:

@1tuffcookie wrote:

@Effie54 wrote:

@Venezia wrote:

@1tuffcookie wrote:

I hope QVC is reading this thread to see how some appear to be pressuring others to lie in order to "save" the forums.  

@1tuffcookie - I don't see anyone pressuring others "to lie in order to save the forums".

That's a pretty harsh accusation to make about other posters.

You've made it clear that you don't value the forums and that's your prerogative, but from your other comments, you still read a lot?  If you think QVC would do better to not finance them, I'm surprised you would spend time here. 

There are others who do value the forums and would like to see them stay, so they are responding to the survey.

That is not lying.  Just a different opinion from your own.

@Venezia Perfectly articulated. When I said it, it was taken out of context. You said it better. 👍🏻

Clearly, you haven't read all the posts in this forum on this subject.  

It's kind of sad that you feel such a need to question why people read here or participate here--especially if they don't align with your way of thinking.

I hope QVC considers that while some of its programming, inventory, and hosts turn people away from QVC, this community forum has also driven away viewers and customers.  Sure, a few may buy from QVC based on comments here, but it's also a fact that people avoid QVC based on experiences here in the community.  

Why would someone stop buying from QVC because of something someone said to them on a forum?  Would you stop going to Macy's because a customer there said something to you that you didn't like?

What happens here in this community is a reflection on QVC. There are lots of people that have shared this community is one of the reasons they don't like QVC, and I think many of the examples they cited are valid criticism.  Of course, you won't read many of those stories here because they've either been moderated, or the people have decided to stop posting here, so they share their experiences elsewhere.

Atmosphere can certainly influence business.  I avoid going to certain restaurants and other local businesses, but choose others, for that reason.  I think lots of other people do the same.

I understand QVC has had to process some returns because it was a way for some people to protest something that happened in this community.

So people return items they ordered and would otherwise keep because they were offended by something someone said on the forum?  Seriously?   Sounds like they have more problems than elimination of the forums could solve.

Yes, seriously.  QVC has had to process returns as a result of things that have happened here in this community.  Boycotting has been an effective form of protest in this country, so I think it's an interesting approach. 

@1tuffcookie 

Sorry, but that sounds ridiculous. 

Just so we can understand this claim ... do you know actually someone who works in the QVC Returns Department? 

If not, your claim is based merely on heresay or speculation on your part.  

Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

@threecees wrote:

I answered the survey. I hope they are not considering doing away with these forums in the near future.

I would miss it here very much.

Having worked in high up positions in the corporate world for 40 years, it's exactly why they are doing the survey. 

@CalminHeart 

If QVC is re-considering keeping the forums open, I wonder if they'd also poll users to see if they'd PAY a monthly fee to use them.  

This came to mind because their shipping costs are a good income stream, and we know they need the money. 

I wonder if the users here would pay $5 or $10 a month to continue to use these message boards.

Super Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@1tuffcookie wrote:

@Isobel Archer wrote:

@1tuffcookie wrote:

@Isobel Archer wrote:

@1tuffcookie wrote:

@Effie54 wrote:

@Venezia wrote:

@1tuffcookie wrote:

@1tuffcookie - I don't see anyone pressuring others "to lie in order to save the forums".

You've made it clear that you don't value the forums and that's your prerogative, but from your other comments, you still read a lot?  If you think QVC would do better to not finance them, I'm surprised you would spend time here. 

There are others who do value the forums and would like to see them stay, so they are responding to the survey.

@Venezia Perfectly articulated. When I said it, it was taken out of context. You said it better. 👍🏻

It's kind of sad that you feel such a need to question why people read here or participate here--especially if they don't align with your way of thinking.

I hope QVC considers that while some of its programming, inventory, and hosts turn people away from QVC, this community forum has also driven away viewers and customers.  Sure, a few may buy from QVC based on comments here, but it's also a fact that people avoid QVC based on experiences here in the community.  

Why would someone stop buying from QVC because of something someone said to them on a forum?  Would you stop going to Macy's because a customer there said something to you that you didn't like?

What happens here in this community is a reflection on QVC. There are lots of people that have shared this community is one of the reasons they don't like QVC, and I think many of the examples they cited are valid criticism.  Of course, you won't read many of those stories here because they've either been moderated, or the people have decided to stop posting here, so they share their experiences elsewhere.

Atmosphere can certainly influence business.  I avoid going to certain restaurants and other local businesses, but choose others, for that reason.  I think lots of other people do the same.

I understand QVC has had to process some returns because it was a way for some people to protest something that happened in this community.

So people return items they ordered and would otherwise keep because they were offended by something someone said on the forum?  Seriously?   Sounds like they have more problems than elimination of the forums could solve.

Yes, seriously.  QVC has had to process returns as a result of things that have happened here in this community.  Boycotting has been an effective form of protest in this country, so I think it's an interesting approach. 

@1tuffcookie 

Just so we can understand this claim ... do you know actually someone who works in the QVC Returns Department? 

If not, your claim is based merely on heresay or speculation on yor part.  

@Tinkrbl44 I'm not basing this on heresay or speculation.  I know it as fact, and I really don't care what you think of me, especially since you're one of the posters who has driven so many away from here.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@1tuffcookie wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@1tuffcookie wrote:

@Isobel Archer wrote:

@1tuffcookie wrote:

@Isobel Archer wrote:

@1tuffcookie wrote:

@Effie54 wrote:

@Venezia wrote:

@1tuffcookie wrote:

@1tuffcookie 

If not, your claim is based merely on heresay or speculation on yor part.  

@Tinkrbl44 I'm not basing this on heresay or speculation.  I know it as fact, and I really don't care what you think of me, especially since you're one of the posters who has driven so many away from here.

@1tuffcookie 

Oh please .....  HOW do you know this to be a "fact"?   

If you have a legitimate or verifiable source, why can't you come up with something that can be checked?   

Based on your claim, it's a fair question. 

Super Contributor

Obviously, I'm not posting people's names or specific order/return history here, but I totally understand it's one of the prevailing community tactics to demand specific proof from anyone who doesn't agree.

😂

Interesting how this thread is like so many others.  The subject is different, but the outcome is the same.  At what point does QVC just say enough is enough?

There are many people who refuse to shop at QVC and have returned items to QVC based on what has happened/been stated in this community.  QVC has received numerous complaints over the years about this community.  Online communities have been set up as a result of people not feeling welcome here.  Believe me or not.  The choice is yours.  

Respected Contributor

So are you returning your diamond ring?