Esteemed Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

Gender identity and sexual orientation are fairly easy concepts to grasp.  

Obviously not. 

Care to answer my questions then? Because regardless of the "so-called" insensitivity (which seems to be so much easier to comment on) they are genuine. 

Respected Contributor

When is she going to get the "final" surgery?  It seems like this would be the ultimate goal, not complexion, hair, or wardrobe.  I'm showing my dumbness about this process, I know.  I'd appreciate any enlightenment I can get!  Changing genders (physically) is really a comprehensive process.  She really needs all the support she can get!

Honored Contributor

I've only watched a couple of minutes of the episode where Cait went to Khloe's house and Khloe told Cait to stop trashing Kris.

Wtheck did Cait say in the VF article?  I did see previews of an upcoming episode where Kris is very upset and crying.

For the first time in my life, I feel compassion for that woman.  This whole thing had to have been hard for her. 

And her daughters, no matter how open minded they are

This is their dad, could actually say was their dad.  Dad and Mom didn't just separate and get a divorce.  

Dad looks totally different than the man they've known their entire life.  Dad's life is totally different than it ever was. 

Dad has a show about it.  I don't know if I'll watch any more.  I think Cait needs to figure it out before I can start to figure it out.

I loved seeing Chaz on that episode though.  I don't think I missed one minute of those shows.

Trusted Contributor

I think the show is a waste. It only features beautiful clothing fantastic houses and money money with Jenner wining all the time. This is not the real life out there for the same people living this problem. The real people have no money for designer clothes or fabulous houses.

Many are beat up, homeless, families disown them , scared of the future if any. No make up artist to do their face no designers giving them expensive handbags. No understanding and no tolerance. This is the real problem and these people are living this every day of their lives. They don't sit on comfy couches sipping wine. Many are on a park bench wondering where their next meal is coming from. 

Valued Contributor

And the transgenders that I have known (2) both had to live in the real world as a woman and go to therapy for a yr before any Dr would perscribe any kind of hormones or start any kind of procedures.  A psychological study of sorts.  BJ seems to have been essentialay overnight, with Kris having NO CLUE?  If he was in the "real" world everyone would have known his intentions for the last yr.  BJ was a man one day and seemingly a woman the next.  NOT saying anything against him, but I do think he does a disservice to the very people he "wants" to help by making it seem all so easy.  I believe there are better role-models out there for the transgender community

Respected Contributor

@stazgirl wrote:

And the transgenders that I have known (2) both had to live in the real world as a woman and go to therapy for a yr before any Dr would perscribe any kind of hormones or start any kind of procedures.  A psychological study of sorts.  BJ seems to have been essentialay overnight, with Kris having NO CLUE?  If he was in the "real" world everyone would have known his intentions for the last yr.  BJ was a man one day and seemingly a woman the next.  NOT saying anything against him, but I do think he does a disservice to the very people he "wants" to help by making it seem all so easy.  I believe there are better role-models out there for the transgender community

In the interview with Diane Sawyer several months ago, she did mention having taken hormones for quite some time & Kris obviously knew of the physical changes going on.  None of this just happened overnight.

Honored Contributor

@Shaunac wrote:

Gender is how you identify yourself as being male, female, feminine, masculine.

Sexual orientation refers to your sexual preference.  Who you are sexually attracted to. 

One has nothing to do with the other. 

Sooo, BJ is a transgender heterosexual?  Transgender lesbian?  I don't understand this at all.  My first thought is that this is just a big reality show gimmic.  If you truly identify as a woman, you'd want to do all that you need to do to be a woman.  If you keep your male parts, you are still a man.  If you are attracted to a woman with your male parts, you are heterosexual, imo.  It seems as if BJ wants to just do a word game by calling himself female and overloading on makeup.  Sorry but he looks like a clown/fool.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Valued Contributor

Re: More news about Cait!

[ Edited ]

Until the day it was announced, I NEVER saw him dressed or acting as a women in public,  As my friends had to do, And if that was the case, then Kris AND his kids DID know of his plan. And the public would have known sooner.  How do you hide going to therapy and taking hormones from someone you are married too.  I DO NOT watch ANYTHING Kardashian, so I could be wrong about his transformation, I only know what I see. And I certianly did not see him living as a women in public before e annouced it..

I AM NOT against what he is doing, as I have friends who are gay and a couple who are transgender, a personn is a person to me. A person's orientation or sexual choices make no difference to me.  BJ just seems to have commercialized the process, and cheapened (right word?) it for those who having been dealing with this their whole life.  It is NOT a fun, let's do lunch, what do I wear, high end reality show in "real" life, It is a struggle, filled with much harder choices and self doubt than just wondering what lipstick goes with your shoes.

Chaz Bono did this and he went through the whole thing in public, the dressing and living as a man and everything else BEFORE getting any procedures done.  Why wasn"t he hailed as a HERo of the community?  BECAUSE he was not a Kardashian.  

Honored Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

Gender identity and sexual orientation are fairly easy concepts to grasp.  

Obviously not. 

Care to answer my questions then? Because regardless of the "so-called" insensitivity (which seems to be so much easier to comment on) they are genuine. 

Sexually and love lies between the ears.
The physicality is unimportant.

A woman losing her breasts to cancer makes her a non-woman?
A male veteran returning from war with genital injuries makes him a non-man?

If they are loved ones, would those physicalities terminate your love for them?

Millions & millions of people around the world covet their love, devotion & life to a Higher Power in the name of 'religion' which they can not touch. That 'vision' of the physical lies in the recesses of the mind. Why can't the Earthly loves be the same?

All of my comments are for naught, though.

You clearly stated these concepts are easy to grasp & don't have trouble understanding....but yet we still have questions? Then to add colorful statements like 'waist up/waist down', 'pressing against', 'creatures of mythology' and 'twofer'....is ridiculous. Just poking the bear.

Maybe you could answer me this,
What's the fascination with Cailyn's Crotch...?
THAT'S the important question.

Honored Contributor

@stazgirl wrote:

Until the day it was announced, I NEVER saw him dressed or acting as a women in public,  As my friends had to do, And if that was the case, then Kris DID know of his plan.  How do you hide going to therapy and taking hormones from someone you are married too.  I DO NOT watch ANYTHING Kardashian, so I could be wrong about his transformation, I only know what I see. And I certianly did not see him living as a women in public before e annouced it..

I AM NOT against what he is doing, as I have friends who are gay and a couple who are transgender, a personn is a person to me. A person's orientation or sexual choices make no difference to me.  BJ just seems to have commercialized the process, and cheapened (right word?) it for those who having been dealing with this their whole life.  It is NOT a fun, let's do lunch, what do I wear, high end reality show in "real" life, It is a struggle, filled with much harder choices and self doubt than just wondering what lipstick goes with your shoes.   

i guess you are not watching the show or listening to cait and others talk about their experiences and differences and feelings on that show. it isnt ONLY about dressing up or wearing makeup or looking/sounding like a woman.

everyones journey is different.....it cannot all be packaged into one definition, one experience, or one thought. each person has to decide and proceed for themselves. all of the people featured have different lifestyles, different families, different economic and social backgrounds. what works for some, may not work for others.  who are we to judge what path cait has taken or how long it takes her to go further?

i have said this before. i dont know caits medical background and any surgery at the age of 65 is risky.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein