Esteemed Contributor

Re: More news about Cait!

[ Edited ]

@sidsmom wrote:

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

Gender identity and sexual orientation are fairly easy concepts to grasp.  

Obviously not. 

Care to answer my questions then? Because regardless of the "so-called" insensitivity (which seems to be so much easier to comment on) they are genuine. 

Sexually and love lies between the ears.
The physicality is unimportant.

A woman losing her breasts to cancer makes her a non-woman?
A male veteran returning from war with genital injuries makes him a non-man?

If they are loved ones, would those physicalities terminate your love for them?

Millions & millions of people around the world covet their love, devotion & life to a Higher Power in the name of 'religion' which they can not touch. That 'vision' of the physical lies in the recesses of the mind. Why can't the Earthly loves be the same?

All of my comments are for naught, though.

You clearly stated these concepts are easy to grasp & don't have trouble understanding....but yet we still have questions? Then to add colorful statements like 'waist up/waist down', 'pressing against', 'creatures of mythology' and 'twofer'....is ridiculous. Just poking the bear.

Maybe you could answer me this,
What's the fascination with Cailyn's Crotch...?
THAT'S the important question.

To answer your questions:

Disease and non-voluntary amputation have nothing to do with gender reassignment or transition. However, if the woman who loses her breasts to cancer transitions to become a man, then yes, she would become a non-woman (your word), and it’s the same with your second example. If the male transitions to female then he’s living as a female. 

I’m not sure about your third question. If you’re asking if a loved one lost their breasts to cancer would I stop loving them--the answer is of course not. That said those questions are totally irrelevant to the conversation.

Yes, gender identity and sexual preference are easy terms to define and understand. And yes, there are questions that reach further than the obvious which have yet to be answered. Like it or not, waist up and waist down are defining terms and people do “press against each other” regardless of whether you care for it.

As far as the fascination with Cait’s crotch?  Nobody actually had one (that I know of) until she decided to make it everyone's business by making public what some would view as very personal aspects of one's life. To think it wouldn't be a topic of conversation given these circumstances is ludicrous. 

I have nothing against Cait, her transition, or her TV show. What I have are questions. And, after all, wasn't that the point?

Valued Contributor

Re: More news about Cait!

[ Edited ]

That is my point, IT IS MORE THAN hair and make-up and clothes, MUCH MORE and NO, I do not watch the show, only know what I hear, only know my info from my transgender friends who do not understand how Bj bypassed so much of the pschological part and just all of a sudden "became" a woman focused on nothing but hair, make-up and clothes, lunches...I only know what my friends have gone through and what a long road the still have, they have been on this journey for YEARS,  A yr ago, Kris DENIED knowing anything? 

BUT NO< I do not know any specifics other than the info I have picked up, do not care to, I know "REAL" people going through it, I get my info from them, not a "reality" star.

And NO< what "genitals" one has has nothing to do with it,  Your body is wired male or female, and sometimes your outside doesn"t  go along with what is inside.

Respected Contributor

I hope it works for her, I really do.  But a feminine voice isn't going to help her look or move like a woman.  Like it or not she has the bone structure and body of a male and no surgery in the world can do anything about that.  Also, as I watched last weeks show, it occurred to me that she has a man's way of dealing with the world.  Those no softness, no nuturing.  It's my way.....and only my way. 

Respected Contributor

Esteemed Contributor

@stazgirl wrote:

And the transgenders that I have known (2) both had to live in the real world as a woman and go to therapy for a yr before any Dr would perscribe any kind of hormones or start any kind of procedures.  A psychological study of sorts.  BJ seems to have been essentialay overnight, with Kris having NO CLUE?  If he was in the "real" world everyone would have known his intentions for the last yr.  BJ was a man one day and seemingly a woman the next.  NOT saying anything against him, but I do think he does a disservice to the very people he "wants" to help by making it seem all so easy.  I believe there are better role-models out there for the transgender community

For those interested in ordinary people who have transgendered, were the pioneers in the public eye in the modern world, read the books by/about  Christine Jorgensen and Renee Richards who both underwent sex reassignment surgery. Eye opening, mind opening reading. 

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Valued Contributor

sounds interesting. 

Respected Contributor

@Beth-QVC i think you may have removed my post in error.  would you check please? tks.

Trusted Contributor

Everything about Bruce Jenner is masculine to me.

He yells "yea" a lot as  man;

He gestures like a man;

He walks like a man (and trips when walking in heels);

He has the body of a man, i.e., very broad shoulders and a tapering torso (the breasts plopped on his chest don't hide that);

He is often seen eating and chewing on camera, and he chews with his mouth open;

And, as Chrystaltree said, there is no softness or nurturing about him.

So, what caused Bruce Jenner to think that he was supposed to be a woman--the clothes, hair, makeup? He still looks, sounds and acts like a man in drag. Nothing about him is feminine.

Valued Contributor

NOT judging, but the male transgenders that I know or been introduced to through my friends, have alot of feminine traits, VERY easy to see how they were indeed in the wrong body,  and seem to just shine through once they begin the transformation.

QVC Customer Care

@Shawnie I might have? I will check it out....