Trusted Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

Do you think the show is leading us to believe that Cait has an attraction to Candis?

Since the show is a little behind current times-I think/she/he has a big attraction to Candis. Does Candis still have her male parts? Does that make shim gay, lesbian or just whatever?

Honored Contributor

You know, I can understand some people and feeling they are "different" and doing something about it. I understand cross dressing and gay people.   However, that being said, this whole thing is so convoluted I am failing to see the point in any of it.  If you are in this situation, does it matter what your outward appearance is?  I don't see how that would be the point. . . so to speak.  Or lack thereof.  

Honored Contributor

Re: More news about Cait!

[ Edited ]

IMO I wouldn't get that done until the full transformation is completed. (no man parts)  The other things Cait has had done, can be reversed/changed/etc. for the most part. 

Trusted Contributor

@missy1 wrote:

IMO I wouldn't get that done until the full transformation is completed. (no man parts)  The other things Kait has had done, can be reversed/changed/etc. for the most part. 

It is very confusing to me. Cait has said that she wasn't sure about being attracted to other men, then she said she's still a man from the waist down, and still attracted to women???? I heard her say that she's never been with a man.  It just seems that this transgender aventure doesn't sound as if it's been a lifelong desire. I would think that if this was something that I've wanted since I was young-I would be more sure of what I wanted.

I'm trying to understand that gender is different from s+xual orientation, but I must be missing something.

Trusted Contributor

Gender is how you identify yourself as being male, female, feminine, masculine.

Sexual orientation refers to your sexual preference.  Who you are sexually attracted to. 

One has nothing to do with the other. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: More news about Cait!

[ Edited ]

Gender identity and sexual orientation are fairly easy concepts to grasp. Yet I'm still left wondering. If Cait, as she has stated is still attracted to women, what about the women that are attracted to her? Since she identifies as female, are they lesbi@n? And wouldn't that be a bit of a surprise when engaged with your female partner you suddenly feel something, let's just say, "unwomanly" pressed against your body?

What if she decides she's attracted to a male since she's trying so hard to become more feminine. Would they be a straight couple from the top to the waist and a g@y couple from the waist down? 

Maybe a bi-sexu@lly oriented person would be the most satisfied feeling they hit the jackpot and got a twofer. 

I have no trouble understanding she felt trapped in a male body and decided to transition to female. I even understand that people can just fall in love with a person because of who they are "inside" and not care about their gender--male or female.

What I don't understand is being, or wanting to be, both. It reminds me of the hybrid creatures of mythology. 

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it contains rude language directed at other posters.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because is calling another poster names

Honored Contributor

I would say that most transgender people do not have the money like Cait does and still making money having this TV show.  I still feel for his two daughters with Kris.  It's a lot to take in to see your dad dressed as a woman.  Besides the voice, he would have to change his big hands.  Right now I feel she looks like a man dressed as a woman.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

Gender identity and sexual orientation are fairly easy concepts to grasp.  

Obviously not.