Honored Contributor

Re: Drones, Man invents one ARMED!

[ Edited ]

@Maudelynn wrote:

@hckynut wrote:

@Maudelynn wrote:

What is the difference between an armed drone and an armed person walking around out in public?  The risk is the same, IMO.  I agree with the poster up-thread who mentioned this will be a 2nd ammendment argument.  People will argue they have a right to keep themselves and their families safe.  If they want to fly an armed drone around to ensure their safety in public, it's the same principle as those who think they need their person armed, just in case.

For the poster who mentioned that "nobody needs an armed drone", I contend that nobody needs and AR-15.  So who wins?

@Maudelynn

you really need an answer to your very first sentence? i see it is your opinion, but does this include any personal/hands on experience with a handgun and or drones? 

my opinion, based on my personal experience with both, and to answer your question about "what is the difference"? i will wait to see your reply to my very first question to you?

hnj

I'll answer when you answer my question first.  What is the differene?  We are allowed to carry weapons in public now. 

@Maudelynn

No thanks. There is no "WE", unless you have a permit, which "I" possess. I think most opened minded individuals recognize the difference between a person armed with a handgun and a CCW permit, in comparison to a non-permitted and illegal armed flying drone,and I will leave it at that?

hnj

hckynut(john)
Valued Contributor

Re: Drones, Man invents one ARMED!

@hckynut wrote:

@Maudelynn wrote:

@hckynut wrote:

@Maudelynn wrote:

What is the difference between an armed drone and an armed person walking around out in public?  The risk is the same, IMO.  I agree with the poster up-thread who mentioned this will be a 2nd ammendment argument.  People will argue they have a right to keep themselves and their families safe.  If they want to fly an armed drone around to ensure their safety in public, it's the same principle as those who think they need their person armed, just in case.

For the poster who mentioned that "nobody needs an armed drone", I contend that nobody needs and AR-15.  So who wins?

@Maudelynn

you really need an answer to your very first sentence? i see it is your opinion, but does this include any personal/hands on experience with a handgun and or drones? 

my opinion, based on my personal experience with both, and to answer your question about "what is the difference"? i will wait to see your reply to my very first question to you?

hnj

I'll answer when you answer my question first.  What is the differene?  We are allowed to carry weapons in public now. 

@Maudelynn

No thanks. There is no "WE", unless you have a permit, which "I" possess. I think most opened minded individuals recognize the difference between a person armed with a handgun and a CCW permit, in comparison to a non-permitted and illegal armed flying drone,and I will leave it at that?

hnj

Take away the legal issue, which is now being decided in the state of CT and will have to be decided in other states as well.  What is the difference between having a right to protect yourself with a gun on your person vs. protecting yourself with a gun on a drone?  I have a feeling you won't answer the question because, for practical purposes, there is no difference.  The risk is exactly the same.

You have sacrificed nothing and no one.