Respected Contributor

Re: Drones, Man makes one ARMED!

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Kalli wrote:

Concealed permits are not difficult to obtain in all states.

That's not true. Each state and even within the state have different laws.

You just supported my statement.  There are different laws and therefore, concealed permits are not difficult to obtain in all states.  Some yes, as evidenced by what John posted.  Some no.  

Honored Contributor

Maybe I am misunderstanding, but some states and counties have very strict laws. Some places don't just let you carry a gun if you pay a lot of money and take shooting lessons. 

Respected Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

Maybe I am misunderstanding, but some states and counties have very strict laws. Some places don't just let you carry a gun if you pay a lot of money and take shooting lessons. 

I agree with you.  Some are strict and some not so much.  That was what I was trying to say.

I have a concealed carry permit.  It took all of about 15 minutes for them to run the background check.  After reading John's requirements in his state, I posted that it's not difficult in all states.  Perhaps I should've used the word "every" instead of "all"?  Without the tone of voice emphasizing the word all, maybe it seemed I meant all the states aren't difficult?

Ugh.  I think the misunderstanding was from the way I posted the original sentence.

Anyway, we are in agreement.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kalli Gotcha Kalli. Depends on where you live. In NYC you have to prove your life is In danger. So you and I agree, it was just a bit confusing. I thought you meant anyone could easily get a carry permit.

And I am sitting here watching ID channel (murder and mayhem) !

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think drones are as dumb as they sound, I see no need for them to be owned by John Q Public. 

They could be a huge invasion of privacy oh and now we have to worry about stray bullets.

WONDERFUL.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi kalli,

Difficult/hard/easy/hot/warm, are all relative words. For you to ride a horse is "easy". For me to ride a horse is harder. How much harder for me than for you?  It is all relative as there is no way to place a quantization on these words related to any act.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@Kalli

I understood your post and it's meaning clearly. Where I live, all you have to do for a CCW permit is pass a background check with law enforcement.

To buy a gun here, you walk in the gun shop, choose and pay for it and walk out with it. No permit needed to just buy a gun, no waiting period, etc.

Recently, a law was passed here allowing concealed weapons to be carried in churches (??) and bars (???????).

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

I understood your post and it's meaning clearly. Where I live, all you have to do for a CCW permit is pass a background check with law enforcement.

To buy a gun here, you walk in the gun shop, choose and pay for it and walk out with it. No permit needed to just buy a gun, no waiting period, etc.

Recently, a law was passed here allowing concealed weapons to be carried in churches (??) and bars (???????).

@KingstonsMom

If what you are saying is true, "where you live", in my opinion there definitely needs to be some changes to the conceal carry law. In our state you need a background check and a permit to buy a handgun. 

I think it is time for that the concerned citizens in your area to contact their State's elected officials and have them start proceedings that would change those laws. I do not feel that just any person should be able to walk into any store, put down their money, and be able to walk out with a handgun?

As for being able to carry in churches and bars? My feeling is that any person that passes an obtains a CCW permit, should be able to be able to carry it any place they choose within the jurisdiction in which it was issued. 

The exceptions I believe should be Court Houses/Police Stations, and Public airports where the TSA is authorized, and probably a few more places I have missed? I believe that the bigger problem is the postings, for all to see, indicating an area or place to be a gun free zone?

Many, if not most, of the mass shootings of which I am aware, have taken place in gun free zones, including a church. I do not believe it was just a coincidence that these shootings took place in places clearly marked as a gun free zone.

I think my reasons for are adequate enough to say marking theses zones as such, enhances the chances of a deranged person, legally or illegally carrying a gun, to cause much more physical harm than if it were not so posted?

I realize this is a very controversial topic and I am only giving my opinions on the topics I have mentioned in this post.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Re: Drones, Man invents one ARMED!

@hckynut wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

They should just ban them. 

@Nightowlz

Hey! Let's ban 'em, that'll do it. Hey, let's ban pressure cookers. We all know what they can do in the wrong hands. While we're at it, let's bad remote controls, we all know what they can do in the hands of the evil.

Hey! Let's ban this forum, there may be evil creatures planning??

BAN/BAN/BAN----REGULATE/REGULATE/REGULATE

hckynut(john)

Ban or Regulate makes no difference. The criminals & other people that intend to do things with Drones they should not be doing will still be able to get them. Same with guns. Just because the law says you can own guns does not mean you need an AK47.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Drones, Man invents one ARMED!

@Nightowlz wrote:

@hckynut wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

They should just ban them. 

@Nightowlz

Hey! Let's ban 'em, that'll do it. Hey, let's ban pressure cookers. We all know what they can do in the wrong hands. While we're at it, let's bad remote controls, we all know what they can do in the hands of the evil.

Hey! Let's ban this forum, there may be evil creatures planning??

BAN/BAN/BAN----REGULATE/REGULATE/REGULATE

hckynut(john)

Ban or Regulate makes no difference. The criminals & other people that intend to do things with Drones they should not be doing will still be able to get them. Same with guns. Just because the law says you can own guns does not mean you need an AK47.

I agree. I think that there should be NO laws, at all, whatsoever. None.

I mean, criminals are just going to break those laws anyway, so what the point in even having laws if the criminals are just going to break them anyway?

Yes, we should do away with all laws.