Honored Contributor

Drones, Man makes one ARMED!

[ Edited ]

This just reinforces some discussion on another thread regarding the NEED to start regulating these things!

"When Connecticut engineering student Austin Haughwout, 18, posted videos of his drones firing a handgun and flamethrower, he may have thought they would go viral — but he could not have known that his inventions would lead to a renewed debate on whether to ban weaponized drones in the state.

Last year Connecticut lawmakers considered a proposal to restrict weaponized drones, but it withered and died in the state House of Representatives due to inaction. Just weeks later, Haughwout's first video, showing a drone equipped with a pistol, went online.

That video and its fiery follow-up, both posted in 2015, have led to renewed debate in the state, with public hearings now planned for Monday and Tuesday on two separate bills that would restrict the use of drones.

Videos & full story here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3468200/Drone-mounted-handgun-flamethrower-reignite-lawmaker...

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

Re: Drones, Man invents one ARMED!

It's a pretty scary world we live in, isn't it?  This could be a new way to "off" the people you don't like.

Laura loves cats!
Esteemed Contributor

@KingstonsMom

Nothing new.  The military has been using armed drones for many years.  That guy didn't invent anything.  Not an original idea.  Spy agencies also use armed drones as do the drug lords south of the boarder.  Folks just can't seem to not use things for their criminal ways and pursuits. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

I know the military, spies and drug lords have used drones for years, I'm talking about the public's use of drones needs to be regulated.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

I know the military, spies and drug lords have used drones for years, I'm talking about the public's use of drones needs to be regulated.

They should just ban them. There's no reason a person needs one of these things anyways. Military use is one thing. If one is flying around my yard I will shoot it down. I saw the show Scorpion the other night where the drug lords were using them to move cocaine across the border. That stuffs coming across the border drone or not.

Honored Contributor

This is just crazy, of course they should be banned.

What next?  Homes with built in cannons and machine guns out the front window, aimed at passers by?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Drones, Man makes one ARMED!

It could be argued that an armed drone is simply a remotely controlled firearm and therefore permitted under the 2nd.
Honored Contributor

I'm sure it could be argued that a dirty bomb in every garage is protected under the 2nd.

Honored Contributor

Again, we need a 'Peeping Drone' law.  Used to be easier to see and catch peeping Toms.  I don't like the idea/thought that these peeping drone users can spread whatever they see all over the world and sites.  Probably can make $$$$ from their peeps.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

p.s.  Armed drones could get out of hand, especially if kids/teens have access to them.  They (some/many) are so used to all of their video combat games, etc.   It could be second nature (to them).

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).