Valued Contributor

Blue Heron photo on new Forever Stamp

A Citrus County amateur photographer is about to have one of his photos seen by millions.

• John Funderburk's photo of a great blue heron to appear on Forever stamp
  • Stamps will be available early next month
  • Photo one of 16 selected to celebrate 100th anniversary of National Park Service.

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/news/article.html/content/news/articles/bn9/2016/5/16/...

forever stamp.jpg

Respected Contributor

Re: Blue Heron photo on new Forever Stamp

I bet he's thrilled.

Esteemed Contributor

Beautiful stamp!

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Respected Contributor

A lovely photo.  I am sure the photographer is thrilled.  We live in an area where we often see blue herons - especially on the lakes at the golf course.

They are the most magnificent creatures - beautiful land graceful.

Valued Contributor

I know some don't like to click on links, but the article is nice, and has a pic of the photographer. It's in the Citrus County news on baynews9.

I don't live in that county (yet). I hope to be there by the end of the year.

Respected Contributor

We have these birds around where we live and they never cease to thrill me when I see them-so beautiful and majestic.

Respected Contributor

@masque wrote:

I know some don't like to click on links, but the article is nice, and has a pic of the photographer. It's in the Citrus County news on baynews9.

I don't live in that county (yet). I hope to be there by the end of the year.

@masque   I'm sure you will enjoy all the magnificent wildlife and Southern charm of the area when you move to Citrus County.  Many beautiful birds, seafood festivals, manatees, and of course alligators.

Valued Contributor

@gmkb: Sounds good. I'll make a deal with the alligators. I won't bother them if they don't bother me. Woman LOL

Esteemed Contributor

Beautiful bird and photo.  Very majestic looking.  Very cool story too.  It's nice that the photographer's work  was recognized.   I'm always amazed at the beauty some photographers can capture.   I will definitely be buying those stamps.  

Honored Contributor

It's a great story, @masque.  I love that he's 84 and still doing what he loves.  (Well, the closer I get to those higher numbers, the less and less unusual I think it is!)

We have blue herons in California, too, but not exactly identical.  Bird stamps are my favorite.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.