Honored Contributor

Re: Drones, Man invents one ARMED!

@Nightowlz wrote:

Ban or Regulate makes no difference. The criminals & other people that intend to do things with Drones they should not be doing will still be able to get them. Same with guns. Just because the law says you can own guns does not mean you need an AK47.

@Nightowlz

I agree with everything you have said above, word for word.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@hckynut wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

They should just ban them. 

@Nightowlz

Hey! Let's ban 'em, that'll do it. Hey, let's ban pressure cookers. We all know what they can do in the wrong hands. While we're at it, let's bad remote controls, we all know what they can do in the hands of the evil.

Hey! Let's ban this forum, there may be evil creatures planning??

BAN/BAN/BAN----REGULATE/REGULATE/REGULATE

hckynut(john)

Ban or Regulate makes no difference. The criminals & other people that intend to do things with Drones they should not be doing will still be able to get them. Same with guns. Just because the law says you can own guns does not mean you need an AK47.

LOL, personally I think laws are a good thing.  Of course they only keep the honest honest.   Dishonest people could care less, and in every faction of life they ruin it for others.

Drones are fun, so are guns. Smiley Wink

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Respected Contributor

Re: Drones, Man makes one ARMED!

@hckynut wrote:

Hi kalli,

Difficult/hard/easy/hot/warm, are all relative words. For you to ride a horse is "easy". For me to ride a horse is harder. How much harder for me than for you?  It is all relative as there is no way to place a quantization on these words related to any act.

hckynut(john)

Yup.

Hm....eventually maybe I'll try to shoot off my gelding.  We'll see just how easy it is to ride him then, eh?

Smiley Wink Smiley Wink Woman Surprised

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@hckynut

John, intent may count in a court of law, but the real crime is the behavior. 

Intending to buy a pressure cooker, or even buying one, is not the same as actually hiding a bomb inside a pressure cooker and planting it to harm others.

Hi my friend @Noel7,

I agree.

I am in the hospital right now getting an Iron Infusion. Geez, sure hope this puts a little more "wood in my fire. Doc-s still looking for the source of "get up an go issues".  Got a couple more procedures getting scheduled yet. Sure hope this Iron helps.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@Kalli wrote:

Concealed permits are not difficult to obtain in all states.

@Kalli,

I agree, in NY state you have to be "connected" to get a CCW permit. Our state, NE, is not real easy, but with $$$/some mental and dexterity skills, and time? You can pass it.

hnj

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

It was only a matter of time. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Valued Contributor

What is the difference between an armed drone and an armed person walking around out in public?  The risk is the same, IMO.  I agree with the poster up-thread who mentioned this will be a 2nd ammendment argument.  People will argue they have a right to keep themselves and their families safe.  If they want to fly an armed drone around to ensure their safety in public, it's the same principle as those who think they need their person armed, just in case.

For the poster who mentioned that "nobody needs an armed drone", I contend that nobody needs and AR-15.  So who wins?

You have sacrificed nothing and no one.
Honored Contributor

@Maudelynn wrote:

What is the difference between an armed drone and an armed person walking around out in public?  The risk is the same, IMO.  I agree with the poster up-thread who mentioned this will be a 2nd ammendment argument.  People will argue they have a right to keep themselves and their families safe.  If they want to fly an armed drone around to ensure their safety in public, it's the same principle as those who think they need their person armed, just in case.

For the poster who mentioned that "nobody needs an armed drone", I contend that nobody needs and AR-15.  So who wins?

@Maudelynn

you really need an answer to your very first sentence? i see it is your opinion, but does this include any personal/hands on experience with a handgun and or drones? 

my opinion, based on my personal experience with both, and to answer your question about "what is the difference"? i will wait to see your reply to my very first question to you?

hnj

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

All I know is that there is a tween around here, flying his drone around overhead.  We keep our drapes/curtains closed at night, worried that the drone will be flying by, peeking into the windows. .........  Now I'm thinking that I'm worried that kids/tweens/teens who aren't trained-licensed adults will be 'borrowing' their parents' drone- weapons when the parents aren't home.   There's always something to worry about now-a-days, it seems. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Valued Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@Maudelynn wrote:

@Maudelynn

you really need an answer to your very first sentence? i see it is your opinion, but does this include any personal/hands on experience with a handgun and or drones? 

my opinion, based on my personal experience with both, and to answer your question about "what is the difference"? i will wait to see your reply to my very first question to you?

hnj

I'll answer when you answer my question first.  What is the differene?  We are allowed to carry weapons in public now. 

You have sacrificed nothing and no one.