Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do you believe in karma?

@RoughDraft wrote:

I'm not so sure.  I've seen instances that one might consider Karma.  I have, however, seen innocent people who've never offended anyone and try to live the good life, suffer tremendously.  What is that called?

It may be karma cycling through the various lifetimes of soul experiences. This concept appeared in the Great Book until Constatine had it expunged because he thought it would give him greater control of the people.

Or it may be the life of a very advanced soul that came here for the specific task of absorbing some of the negativity in this life to benefit the rest of us. Wayne Dyer (RIP) spoke of this. We are taught not to judge, and that includes not judging the circumstances of a life a given soul has chosen to live. When we serve those who have chosen this experience, we create good karma for ourselves.

JMVHO, a thought tossed into the wind, not telling anyone else they have to believe.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Esteemed Contributor

I believe in karma but.

"statistically bullies do better in life financially,  with the opposite sex, and in their jobs"  DS told me this.  He was bullied in HS and I brougt up karma.  He said "not so Mom"

I hope he's wrong.

Respected Contributor

IMO the word "karma" is rarely used correctly, especially on this board. Karma is action and it has to do with not only actions within our lifetime but prior lifetimes as well. At least that's what I understand about karma.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Respected Contributor

I believe you get back what you put out there and there are no coincidences.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Respected Contributor

i'm very superstitious and try not to do anything to anyone because i don't want it coming back to me.  and two or three times worse either!

so yes, i do believe what you put out there will come back.

Honored Contributor

Karma is just natural cause and effect. To me, there isn't anything to beleive in. It just is. Karma isn't some supernatural retribution or reward it's the natural consequences of actions. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Trusted Contributor

I am naive in that I like to think that if you do good you get good.  As we all know that isn't always the case.  Deep down inside me I do believe in karma - whether we get to actually see it or not is another story. 

Respected Contributor

I believe in karma and it doesnt conflict w/my religious faith as a Christian. Even Jesus spoke of karma Smiley Sadparaphrase) What you give you shall receive 7 time 7.

It is not up to us to look for punishment for an individual's destructive habits.  It will happen eventually. For a recent example, look at pedophile Jason Fogle. jmho

Honored Contributor

Every time I see this thread tiitle, I think of The Lovin' Spoonful's Do You Believe In Magic?

Great song - I don't mind it repeating in my head for hours after I see this thread!

Honored Contributor

I believe in karma, yes.