Honored Contributor

Re: Do you believe in karma?

We usually think of the bad guy getting what he deserves when we speak of karma.  But what of the really good person who suffers all their life, giving and giving, but born to bad parents and a genetic soup of illness, and then a terrible painful death.  

No, I don't believe in karma because I've known more than one really good person who never caught a break, and bad guys who never paid for the pain they caused others.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

I do believe in Karma..I have been dealt a dose of it in my own life and I have also seen someone else experience a good dose of it.It is true that all of our deeds on earth must eventually stack up for and against us.

Honored Contributor

It seems to me it first should be defined.  

Here is one definition I found:

1. (in Hinduism and Buddhism) the sum of a person's actions in this and previous states of existence, viewed as deciding their fate in future existences.
    • informal
      destiny or fate, following as effect from cause.

Whether one believes in it or not seems rather immaterial if one's fate is only enacted in "future existences."  
      It's not a fatalistic doctrine.  People have the opportunity to improve/alter their "future" futures.
[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Super Contributor

There is also an old saying, what goes around, comes around. However, there is always two sides to every story. A family member whom you consider the worst human being on earth may not be to somebody else. God knows that person's heart. The truth will set you free, not karma.
Respected Contributor

Some say that a person is good as gold but they keep having bad karma.   Which some will say that karma can't be so.   

Let's take that so called sweet lady....actions from her is her cruel thoughts of others...or she wishes bad things for others...etc.   Yes, even our own thoughts are the same as doing the action.  Some think only actions apply to getting good or bad karma.   

Watch even our thoughts...keep them good for good karma.

Esteemed Contributor

I believe that we reap what we sow. If you live your life spreading negative energy, negative energy will be drawn to you. I believe that in the end, when we meet our maker, we all get what we deserve. 

And I have to admit, when I ran into the high school cheerleader, better than everyone else, bully to the "less atractive" or "chubby", 10yrs later, she was a single mom with 3 dirty kids and must have weighed at least 250lb, well, I enjoyed that just a bit. I did feel sorry for the kids though.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@onewhiteSparrow wrote:

Some say that a person is good as gold but they keep having bad karma.   Which some will say that karma can't be so.   

Let's take that so called sweet lady....actions from her is her cruel thoughts of others...or she wishes bad things for others...etc.   Yes, even our own thoughts are the same as doing the action.  Some think only actions apply to getting good or bad karma.   

Watch even our thoughts...keep them good for good karma.

I don't think someone who believes in karma should speak ill of the dead.  

Trusted Contributor

As I've gotten older I don't believe in Karma.  Look at other prople in this world and how they suffer.   Look at the starvivng children in developing countries.  What could they have possibly done to earn bad karma?

Honored Contributor

I believe in the word Karma, a generalization of "you reap what you sow".  I also believe the good you do must come from the heart.  Doing something, or saying something without one thought of reward.  I also believe thoughts of negativity, and thinking evil things without actually doing them is as good as doing them sometimes.  Bad Karma.

Sometimes things seems unjust and you wonder how people get away with it.  They don't.  I believe someday, somewhere...you never know when, evil will be dealt with accordingly. 

Honored Contributor

@Deb1010again wrote:

As I've gotten older I don't believe in Karma.  Look at other prople in this world and how they suffer.   Look at the starvivng children in developing countries.  What could they have possibly done to earn bad karma?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I agree with you.