Respected Contributor

Re: Do any of you use raw water?

The thought of drinking raw water just makes me ill.  I can't even imagine what could in there.

I don't drink any cow's milk ever.   That's another discussion.

I would never consume raw milk.  Anything could be in there and it could make you very, very sick.  

Respected Contributor

If we're presented with raw water, can we specify that it  first be cooked rare, medium or well-done?

Honored Contributor

I had to Google it, I never heard of it but no I don't and don't imagine I ever will drink unfiltered, untreated water by choice.  We do drink bottled spring water which isn't treated but I'm sure it has been filtered.

Honored Contributor

I grew up in the country on well water...tasted fine to me.

Now I live in town, our water has been nominated many times for best water in our area....we drink from the tap or use the filtered water on the fridge.

Honored Contributor

cherry wrote:

My Aunt had well water. My mother thought it tasted good. I didn't like it. You could taste the iron in it

I think the health dept ,must make sure well water isn't toxic

I'm with you on the well water  I've had it before, in numerous places, and it was gross.  We have city water, but I don't like that either.  Not as bad as well water, but I don't consider it palatable.

I guess I don't drink 'raw' water.  I drink bottled water, as does the dog, the bird, and the husband.   Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

It was selling for $15 to $16 a bottle here, they ran out of it.  I think it was sold at Whole Foods.

Now they're selling a two gallon size, I don't know how much that's going for.

Honored Contributor

@cherry

To answer your question, no, I know too much biology.

But I do and have drunk well water for years.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Valued Contributor

Yes, if I get thirsty when out and about.

There are also a couple of springs that have pipes coming out of the mountain side that locals go to to fill jugs to take home for drinking water. 

It tastes so good, not like city water. 

You can't just walk up to a lake and start drinking. There is good water, you just have to know what to look for. Never, ever would I pay for it.

Trusted Contributor

I have always lived in the country in a rural area. I grew up swimming in the river and playing in the creek. I admit I've tasted it. One time in my teens I accidentally took a big swallow of river water and said to my sister who was with me that it didn't taste bad. She said "you know what's in that, right?" Lots of farms along the river. I didn't get sick. Now in my 30's I wouldn't go slurping from the river anymore. I do remember, that my mom told me that her dad, who worked in the woods, would take my mom and her brothers when they were young in the '60s to a spring somewhere in the hills and she always said it was the cleanest, freshest tasting water ever.

Respected Contributor

The brand should be called "Septicemia". I can only imagine the lawsuits!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield