Honored Contributor

Do any of you use raw water?

I must confess I never heard of this term before.

We have  city water and  use a filter. I would be very worried about untreated water. I think well water is tested, I am not sure.

You can have a lot of problems with treated water too. Flint is a good example

http://time.com/5085792/is-raw-water-safe/

Honored Contributor

Re: Do any of you use raw water?

If water from a well on our property is considered raw, then yes, I do. What we call "city water" doesn't taste good at all.
Esteemed Contributor

Raw water is water directly from a stream.

It can contain such wonderful things such as cryptosporidium (sp?) which can have such lovely side effects such as diarrhea.

Drink up!

Esteemed Contributor

We have a well, with water that’s better than any you could buy. We have had it tested numerous times and we even got a special ultraviolet filter to be sure all is well with the well.

Esteemed Contributor

Raw water is not well water.

Raw water is water that you would find out in nature, like at a stream.

Honored Contributor

My Aunt had well water. My mother thought it tasted good. I didn't like it. You could taste the iron in it

I think the health dept ,must make sure well water isn't toxic

Esteemed Contributor

I don't think that this link is breaking any rules, but if it is, I apologize in advance, but here's a link to EXACTLY what raw water is.

http://www.businessinsider.com/dangerous-raw-water-prices-skyrocket-to-60-2018-1

Otherwise, one can Google it, and find out that raw water is NOT well water.

Honored Contributor

from @Plaid Pants2 link

"Almost everything conceivable that can make you sick can be found in water," the food-safety advocate and attorney Bill Marler told Business Insider.

That includes bacteria and diseases such as cholera, E. coli, Hepatitis A, and giardiasis. Because filtered, treated water has become the norm, Marler says, most Americans perhaps don't realize how dangerous raw water can be.

"The diseases that killed our great-grandparents were completely forgotten about," he said, adding: "It's fine till some 10-year-old girl dies a horrible death from cholera in Montecito, California."

Esteemed Contributor

I have  been on our own well water for overl 45 years.  I am still here and kicking LOL.  I  love my water, never buy bottled anything and cringe when I have to taste "city water."

QVC Customer Care