Honored Contributor

I miss adults on newscasts, cooking shows, weather casts, giving book reviews, etc.

I am so sick of seeing pie throwing, dancing and jumping, screaming, baby food like cupcakes and mac and cheese, and other things that adults do and talk about..  

Intelligence and wit and interesting food seem to have disappeared in favor of the junior high school mentality and hijenks that you see, hear or read in almost any medium now.  

I just miss the grown up world. This feeling was brought on when I tried to watch The Chew just now.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I Miss Adults

[ Edited ]

IMO daytime TV is a wasteland.  I never turn it on M-F until 5 PM or later...and that's only for the weather forecast.

Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

I miss adults on newscasts, cooking shows, weather casts, giving book reviews, etc.

I am so sick of seeing pie throwing, dancing and jumping, screaming, baby food like cupcakes and mac and cheese, and other things that adults do and talk about..  

Intelligence and wit and interesting food seem to have disappeared in favor of the junior high school mentality and hijenks that you see, hear or read in almost any medium now.  

I just miss the grown up world. This feeling was brought on when I tried to watch The Chew just now.  

Try the Food Network.

Esteemed Contributor

@RainCityWoman wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

Try the Food Network then. I actually have found some very tasty recipes on The Chew, including Clinton's cocktails and Carla's caramel cake. The Christmas Lambrusco Sour was delicious. I served it to my guests on Christmas Day. They raved about it. Last Christmas I served Clinton's Kir Royale. 

Honored Contributor

I enjoy create on pbs. I see Julia  Child, Jaques Pepin, Martha Stewart and a host of others

Nothing dumbed down, no cutesy stuff like calling things stewp( Reachel Ray)

Honored Contributor

@Sooner

You might enjoy the baking and food shows on PBS.

I like the Anthony Bourdain food shows from different countries, Sunday evenings on CNN.

Honored Contributor

Create channel, sometimes the Cooking channel, PBS channels especially on weekends. I only find less than a handful on the Food Network.

Esteemed Contributor

@RainCityWoman wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

Try the Food Network.

The Food Network is part of the problem.  One example is Alton Brown.  I so want to watch a decent Iron Chef, but simply cannot tolerate that ___________ for 1 minute.  He needs to go.  He's just a big kid bragging on himself all the time.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner

My wife watches some shows on Food channel and Cooking channel. I have watched many with her and most of the things they cook I have never heard of the foods. Names of certain dish recipes are not things I eat, much less worry about how they look on the plate.

Wife does not watch Chew because that network dropped her soap show and replaced it with that one. I like and have made my own "simple foods" much of my life, and when and if I eat out, same deal, simple and not expensive. So the kids have taken over, eh?

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

I just never watch that kind of thing - haven't for years. I can't stand the stupidity.

I have select programs that I watch on Roku, and there are DVDs.