Respected Contributor

Re: Check Out Angel (Quacker)

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Greenhouse wrote:
 Maybe trying on gowns at Davids caused a change.  All sizes are there but you see very chic, thin NYC women coming out of Davids.  When I worked in NYC, Davids was close by and I noticed most of their clientele were very slender....

@Stray No, she isn't trying on gowns at David's but rather at Dennis'.  Dennis Basso offered to make her dress when she announced her engagement.  Angel herslef told us that when she was announcing it.  Must be nice....  

This is funny.  I swear Angel said she got her dress at Kleinfelds and it was a DB gown.

ETA:  I knew I wasn't going crazy.  LOL  Angel wrote a blog about her dress shopping.  She said DB told her he wanted her to wear one of his dresses from his collection sold at Kleinfelds and that is where she got her gown.  She blogged all about her wonderful shopping experience at the store. 

Angel's blog

Honored Contributor

@jonbon wrote:

ETA:  I knew I wasn't going crazy.  LOL  Angel wrote a blog about her dress shopping.  She said DB told her he wanted her to wear one of his dresses from his collection sold at Kleinfelds and that is where she got her gown.  She blogged all about her wonderful shopping experience at the store. 

Angel's blog

Thanks.  That is really interesting because I could swear she said Dennis offered to make her a dress for her wedding and even remember whoever the host was going how nice that was of him, yadda yadda yadda.  Maybe the plans simply got changed?

Respected Contributor

Angel always looks great, but she is really looking fantastic these days.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Honored Contributor

@muttmom wrote:

Angel bought her wedding gown at David's Bridals and Dennis Basso is making her gown??????

No. Read my post above.  She bought her dress from Kleinfelds and it's from the DB collection.  He's not custom making her a gown nor did she get her gown at David's.

This board is hilarous. LOL 

Respected Contributor

@jonbon wrote:

Angel's blog

Seeing the pictures on her blog, it is evident Angel is many sizes smaller now than when she said yes to her dress.  I wonder if they did film her fitting.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@muttmom wrote:

Angel bought her wedding gown at David's Bridals and Dennis Basso is making her gown??????

No. Read my post above.  She bought her dress from Kleinfelds and it's from the DB collection.  He's not custom making her a gown nor did she get her gown at David's.

I did hear her say Dennis was making her a gown when she first announced her engagement..  Plans must have changed.  I don'tthink my comment was hilarious, nor did I ever challenge yours as such.

Trusted Contributor

This has to be one of the funniest threads EVER!  I knew an older couple and when they talked to each other they both became more and more confused.  Very entertaining.

Honored Contributor

Angel's always been pretty.  If she feels better since she lost weight, good for her.  

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@muttmom wrote:

I did hear her say Dennis was making her a gown when she first announced her engagement..  Plans must have changed.  I don'tthink my comment was hilarious, nor did I ever challenge yours as such.

If you read through the thread, it has been like the telephone game. That is what I find hilarious, not your posts in particular.  I too heard Angel say Dennis made/was making her gown but I think she meant he was the designer of the gown she bought/was buying, not that he personally designed it for her like Mark Z did with Courtney's dress.     

I want to think a few of the hosts even reposted the photo of some wedding dresses Angel had tried on and were asking people to vote for which one they liked best.  I swear I saw that somewhere but I'm not interested enough to go back to look.  LOL

Honored Contributor

@luv-the-Q wrote:

This has to be one of the funniest threads EVER!  I knew an older couple and when they talked to each other they both became more and more confused.  Very entertaining.

Exactly.  THIS is what I mean.  If you read through it it's hilarious.  Then others come on, don't read all the posts and it just keeps going.  It's making me laugh.