Respected Contributor

Re: How do you like the new Forums?

I wanted to let you know that when I clicked on your profile your email address did not show.

Honored Contributor

Not sure.  I signed up here in 2005 and now it's showing as me signing up in 2010.

I also don't know where to add my message so I just added a reply to the last post...

Respected Contributor

I think it will be OK once we get used to it.  However, I do agree with evrryone else we need the sub forums back. I always went to Viewpoints but now its in Community Chat along with gamers and other non-related stuff.

Honored Contributor

I'm not going to decide yet. I need time to  get used to them before I decide whether or not I like them in general. There are already things I know I like.

I do like that I have more control over the appearance of my own posts. I also like love that they've added strikethrough option. I like that there's a settings page where I can change my own reading preferences, like font size, etc.

Honored Contributor

And this is an improvement?

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

I don't.

And they did a predictably lousy job of migrating prevous posts, especially recent ones.  They also did a predicatly qwappy job by deleting former forum catgories that helped users organize and know where to look for threads of interest to them.  This is a big bummer.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

It sure is going to take some getting used to. 

I don't like the subject floating out in mid air with no line dividing them. 

I keep getting blank pages when trying to explore this new board.  And I think I'm replying to kcladyz, but I didn't mean to!!

And things keep jumping around as I'm trying to type this - oh boy......

Esteemed Contributor

I like to iknow myself. I don't even see a button for any kind of emoticons or whatever they're called.

Contributor

I've only just gotten on the forum and am really disappointed.

I really liked being able to go to the area sub-sections, i.e., Beauty: Bare Minerals, Philosophy, etc.; now it looks like I'll have to do searches.

I won't be looking for answers here very often!

Esteemed Contributor

Looks like a lot of bugs need to be worked out.  The top 1/2 of the page that I see (and this is EVERY page I click on) all the words are on top of each over, overlapping, and I can't read them.  Where are the sub-topics?  No "Beauty Banter" ???   I'll give QVC a few days to work out the problems -- if they can't, I won't come back.   I don't have time to re-learn all of this.

I wish everyone the best of luck!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt