Honored Contributor

Re: Foundation Issues - Need Help!

@On It wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 I understand your delimma. My suggestion is Clinique. I know many including myself who rely on their products because of sensitivity. They offer several types of foundation. The best match and texture choice could be made in person at one of their B & M stores (Ulta, Dillard's, etc.) If you cannot go to a store they have their own website and QVC offers some Clinique products as well.

Skin care is important as well. Choose a Clinique cleanser, toner, and moisturizer. I think you need the #2 group. Keep it simple. The fewer products the better. Ignore the beauty forum posts trying new products. These ladies do not have sensitivities like ours.

@On It 

Thanks for your post!  Ages ago I used the complete Clinque group - their cleansing soap, toner and famous yellow moisturizer.  I was in my late 20's and early 30's.  My skin was fine then because I never broke out back then and had no skin issues.  I have most of my issues now becaue of rosacea - redness, broken caps and breaking out.  I don't know if I want to go back again but I'll think about it.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@Fressa wrote:

AngelPuppy1---I am in your same age range and have sensitive skin with similar issues. Here's what works for me:

I use the IT Cosmetics brushes (especially the foundation brush) to apply foundation (any type) I also like the Doll10 makeup sponge. It's whatever you prefer. 

Foundation products I use/like--Dr.Denes DayCream--it's a multitask product that provides moisturizer/sun screen and matching foundation to your skin tone. 

Laura Geller Balance & Brighton --all in one 

Doll10 foundation--covers the best if you have serious issues in some areas.

Blush--Laura Geller Balance & blush . One swipe and you're done. You can't mess it up.

Under Eye concealer-Doll 10--T.C.E-Totally covers everything or the specific under eye concealer A tiny drop goes will cover. You can put another layer on top if you have an issue. I use an IT cosmetic brush to apply. (The Doll 10 brushes are my second choice)

Skincare--I use Lancer because it works for me. I also use Dr.Denese treatments products for specific areas.

Collegean Eye cream--does wonders for the really dark,dish colored circles and puffiness.

Hydroserum-- A few drops at night to soothe my very dry skin.

Dr.Denes Wrinkle Defense cream for face or neck work well. 

Llips--Doll 10 lipsticks work well for me. Moist, lasts and stays put.

I hope one or some of these work for you as well as they do for me. 

Good Luck.

@Fressa 

Thanks so much for your detailed post!

I have a couple questions concerning it.  Is the D. Denes Day Cream an all in one product - or are these multiple products you are talking about - i.e., moisturizer, sunscreen and foundation?  Regarding the Collagen Eye Cream - is this Dr. Denes?  

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

I have been in and out of the hospital @AngelPuppy1 since June. It has been tough on my rosacea prone complexion. Last week I started back on my regular skincare regime using a gentle cleanser and 15% Azaelic Acid. I have no redness now and my skin is clear. My two new foundations are MAC powder foundation in a compact (easy application with sponge) suggested here by Pink and HSN foundation from Doll 10 (comes with a brush). Flawless coverage and probably the happiest I have been with a foundation in many many years.

@Trinity11 

I am sorry you have been having so many medical issues and I really hope that you are feeling so much better now!!!

If you don't mind, I'd like to ask you a couple questions about what you posted.  You wrote that you use a "15% Azaelic Acid."  Is this an o-t-c thing or is it prescription?  Also, you said you were using a MAC powder foundation in compact with sponge.  And also a foundation from Doll 10 (with brush).  Could you list the particular MAC powder and also the particular Doll 10 foundation you use?  I have never used either of these lines, so I am not familiar with what they have.  Thank you so much for replying!  

Honored Contributor

@Pink123 wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

I have been in and out of the hospital @AngelPuppy1 since June. It has been tough on my rosacea prone complexion. Last week I started back on my regular skincare regime using a gentle cleanser and 15% Azaelic Acid. I have no redness now and my skin is clear. My two new foundations are MAC powder foundation in a compact (easy application with sponge) suggested here by Pink and HSN foundation from Doll 10 (comes with a brush). Flawless coverage and probably the happiest I have been with a foundation in many many years.

Yes @AngelPuppy1  don't give up.  I am rosacea girl prone too.  But I watch my diet most of  the time as it's what you eat as well.

When I do it's gone.

Anyway, the MAC  powder foundation will not dissapoint you and you will be very happy with the results.  No shine to worry about.  I can't stand it either when I see it on others.

I can't use fragrance's on my skin either, I just put a bit of Cerave  lotion which is fragrance free  on around my face and let is set in.  Then I use a Brush and swirl it around after 10 minutes.  I find moisturizer's  too greasy.

Do you live in the south or a cooler climate?  Diet is important with Rosacea.

Someone mentioned here on this chat and  was nice enough to mention the name but I forgot about the brush I swirl from MAC.

PS. I highly recomment MAC brushes.  So soft.  Good luck. 

@Pink123 

MAC powder foundation - is there just one?  

Re: Cerave moisturizer -- is this just the basic one for body and face --- or is this one of the ones just for face???  The regular Cerave for body I find too greasy for my face.

I live in a cooler climate.  We do have some hot days in summer but the rest is cooler and winter gets pretty cold and snowy.  

Thank you very much!! 

Respected Contributor

@AngelPuppy1  

I can sympathize with you. I have facial psoriasis. When it flairs nothing works for me except the unscented Josie Maran body butter, used on my face.

I recently discovered the Rose Marie Swift (RMS) line. I have darkness above and below my eyes.

I love her uncover up for around the eyes. I also use it lightly all over at times. Her primer is divine and I just use that on the weekends when I'm not working. It gives a blurring effect for my skin, yet my skin looks fresh.

I tried the uncover up foundation in the glass jar and didn't like it. Retried it this in the Fall and now I have changed my mind!

I mix this with JM milk and dab all around with a sponge. I get great coverage and it doesn't settle in any lines. 

You have gotten a lot of good tips from good friends here.
If QVC has the products watch the demos.

One more thing I'd like to share. When I started to get adult acne some 20 years back, my dermatologist recommended the following 3 brands, which were Estée Lauder, Prescriptives, and Lancôme.

I went with Lancôme and stayed with it for years. 

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 

At this point in life I am dealing with dry skin!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@KBEANS wrote:

@AngelPuppy1  

I can sympathize with you. I have facial psoriasis. When it flairs nothing works for me except the unscented Josie Maran body butter, used on my face.

I recently discovered the Rose Marie Swift (RMS) line. I have darkness above and below my eyes.

I love her uncover up for around the eyes. I also use it lightly all over at times. Her primer is divine and I just use that on the weekends when I'm not working. It gives a blurring effect for my skin, yet my skin looks fresh.

I tried the uncover up foundation in the glass jar and didn't like it. Retried it this in the Fall and now I have changed my mind!

I mix this with JM milk and dab all around with a sponge. I get great coverage and it doesn't settle in any lines. 

You have gotten a lot of good tips from good friends here.
If QVC has the products watch the demos.

One more thing I'd like to share. When I started to get adult acne some 20 years back, my dermatologist recommended the following 3 brands, which were Estée Lauder, Prescriptives, and Lancôme.

I went with Lancôme and stayed with it for years. 

@KBEANS 

Thank you - I appreciate it!

I'm glad you found some things that work for you.  Years ago I tried some things from Estee Lauder and Lancome and I have very bad reactions from both.  Also, I tried Merle Norman and same thing.  My skin is just so irrational you wouldn't believe it!  I have never heard of the RMS line but I will look it up.

Respected Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 I use the PUR in the compact! It buffs well!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 

At this point in life I am dealing with dry skin!

@LTT1 

Most of my life I had slightly oily skin, which I think was a good thing because it kept my skin from drying out and aging, I believe!  However, within the last I would say 5 years. it has gotten progressively dryer and more crabby!!!  With me, it's like -- not enough moisture and I look like a shrivled prune, but too much and I break out like a teenager!  Who would think that at 71, I would have more skin issues than I ever did as a teenager???? 

Honored Contributor

@Jacie wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 I use the PUR in the compact! It buffs well!

@Jacie 

Thank you for clarifying!!!