Valued Contributor

Re: Taking forever to get over the flu!

They didn't say the flu was renamed the 100 day cough.  They said so many people have been coughing this season so long for a variety of reasons that the cough was named the 100 day cough.  Sorry, I'm drawing a blank where I read/heard it.  I just found it interesting that so many people I know just can't shake their cough.

Trusted Contributor

@Carol Diane wrote:

They didn't say the flu was renamed the 100 day cough.  They said so many people have been coughing this season so long for a variety of reasons that the cough was named the 100 day cough.  Sorry, I'm drawing a blank where I read/heard it.  I just found it interesting that so many people I know just can't shake their cough.

@Carol Diane ... l just happened to see your response but you didn't use my nic so I almost missed this. I understand what you're saying now and it does make sense because of the cough lasting so long! Thanks for responding. 

Valued Contributor

We both came down with covid on Dec.3rd. It was worse than the first time we had it. Very scary as my husband has asthma and congestive heart failure. I recovered in a week and a half and he went into pneumonia. He spent some time in the hospital and wound up with a UTI. Came home before Christmas still  coughing. Felt lousy on Christmas and within a few days we both had the flu. He was admitted back into the hospital for breathing issues for four days. Two days later he was back in the hospital in ICU not able to breathe well. He was finally diagnosed with a very large pulmonary embolism and a blood clot in his leg. Good grief. He is still in the hospital on a heparin driip and still coughing. His vital signs have all improved. His cardiologist told him if he hadn't had all the covid vaccines he would be dead. So far my husband has been coughing about 45 days. I hope he doesn't have 55 more to go!