Respected Contributor

Grew up with only one full bathroom in the house and it only had a tub, if you wanted to take a shower you had to go down in the basement to the "shower room", the basement was cinder block and there was a shower head and drain in a 10 x 10 room with a cabinet with towels to use after you took your shower.  There was also a broom to lift the drain lid to sweep the water into the drain after your shower!  Later on my parents added a toilet & sink upstairs between my brothers and mys bedroom, thought I won the lottery when they did that.  Didn't have a garage either and my car would be outside and in the winter had an inch thick layer of ice on it!  That was fun too!  Oh, the memories!  Now, DH and I have three full bathrooms for the two of us!  

Respected Contributor

I agree.  I grew up in a one bathroom home and it just seemed to work.  Not a problem getting into the bathroom or screaming out someone to get out.  I live in a home now with 6 bathrooms (4 full and two half).  We were just on a cruise that had a shower/tub, sink, mirror thru one door and the other door was toilet with sink/mirror.  Not only small (as it is on cruises) but sharing.  I missed my own.  But, can't complain, was on a cruise.  

Honored Contributor

@Shanus   I have not shared a bathroom in many years.  When my step daughter lived with us I did share with her but that has been years 30+ ago.  I keep my bathroom much cleaner than my husband does.  I am thankful that I don't have to share.

Valued Contributor

I love having two bathrooms, especially when one is sick. We had three daughters all teens at the same time, one bathroom. Mornings were like WW III. Hubby eventually fixed up a second bath. 

Respected Contributor

We grew up having one bathroom too. It wasn't a problem because as kids, we had nice strong bladders.

But now, I can't imagine having just one toilet. My bladder isn't what it used to be. 

Respected Contributor

DH and I each have our own bathrooms at home and I love that, but our motorhome has two full bathrooms too and boy do I feel spoiled rotten 😅!

Honored Contributor

It has never been an inconvenience during a hotel stay with just the two of us. The house I grew up in had just one bathroom (most houses did back then). If I were looking for something in a retirement community, I'd want two bedrooms, two bathrooms.

Honored Contributor
I shower with my husband all the time so that wouldn't have been a problem for me. The temporary sink situation wouldn't have bothered me, either.
Respected Contributor

Wow...seems like there are much bigger problems in this world.  Think of those poor people in the Ukaraine who have NO bathrooms.  

Respected Contributor

There are people all over the world who have been living without bathrooms a lot longer than the Ukrainians.