Contributor

Purity New Formulation -- Message I Received

Got this message this morning about my upcoming autoship.  Seems Purity will have a new formula:

"We have exciting news to share with you! Your next auto-delivery shipment of Purity will have a new look. The Philosophy Purity made simple one step facial cleaner is new and improved. First, you will see an updated look on the packaging and bottle. Second and most important, the formula is improved and no longer includes parabens, phthalates, or formaldehydes. It is the same multi-tasking Purity that you love and trust to clean your pores, remove make-up, and tone skin."

Not sure I want to get the jumbo of the new formula right off the bat.  Will probably want to try out a smaller size first.

Respected Contributor

Re: Purity New Formulation -- Message I Received

@JD13  I am so disappointed to hear that they are changing the formaula of Purity.   I have been using this for probably 10 years with no issues, but.............if it ain't broke, don't fix it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Why would they alter the formula????????????

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JD13   I would purchase a small bottle from Ulta or one of the brick & mortar stores first.  You can delay your auto-delivery to give yourself a chance to find the new formula in a store.  In the event the new formula changes how you feel about Purty, it may be a hassle to return the big bottle to QVC, and there's also the aspect of not being refunded  original s&h and the cost of the return (that's a $10 loss).   

Trusted Contributor

New Purity

A525571
philosophy purity made simple one-step facial cleanser 16-floz

product thumbnail

Honored Contributor

While I like the removal of parabens, phthalates, or formaldehydes, I havent been able to find the listing of the ingredients in the new formula on any sites to be able to compare with the original. Has anyone?

I'm kind of bothered that philosophy removed the little essay from the bottle, too. 

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

OH NO !! HOPE ITS NOT LIKE WHAT THEY DID TO AMAZING GRACE PERFUME!!  I HAVE A SET OF PURITY ON AUTO DELIVERY AND I DIDNT RECEIVE A NOTIFICATION YET. MAYBE CLOSER TO WHEN IT WILL BE SHIPPED.  THEY SHOULD SEND ALL OF US ON AUTO DELIVERY A COMPLIMENTARY SAMPLE SO WE CAN SEE IF WE WANT  TO REMAIN ON AD.I WONDER WHY THEY LEFT ALL THAT YUCKY STUFF IN IT AS LONG AS THEY DID? I CLEAN MY MAKEUP BRUSHES WITH PURITY TOO. ANYONE USE IT FOR OTHER THINGS??

Super Contributor

I tried the new formula as part of the recent TSV and ..... So far really like it! 😍😍 Think it's great and all the hype lol is true! I've been using the original formula for probably 6 or so years and I don't see any undesired difference, does all it says IMO.
Contributor

I have the new formula of Purity.  I don't like it as well.  It does not remove my masara as easily as the old formula.  I have to work an work at it amd the I still have to use another eye make up remover.   I am using the same mascara as before.  I don't think I will purchase again.  

@JD13 wrote:

Got this message this morning about my upcoming autoship.  Seems Purity will have a new formula:

"We have exciting news to share with you! Your next auto-delivery shipment of Purity will have a new look. The Philosophy Purity made simple one step facial cleaner is new and improved. First, you will see an updated look on the packaging and bottle. Second and most important, the formula is improved and no longer includes parabens, phthalates, or formaldehydes. It is the same multi-tasking Purity that you love and trust to clean your pores, remove make-up, and tone skin."

Not sure I want to get the jumbo of the new formula right off the bat.  Will probably want to try out a smaller size first.

@JD13 wrote: