Trusted Contributor

philosophy set of 2 64 ounce shower gels back in stock A380620

Choices are Sweet Vanilla Fig, Fresh Cream, Honey and Cream and @SurferWife Basil Cucumber Cooler for $60 with free shipping. I wish there were more choices but I don't think we will see this price again with free shipping so I ordered the Basil Cucumber. (The single 16 ounce bottles are now regular priced at $20 and the 32 ouncers are $27 or $30). Keeping one and gifting one. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: philosophy set of 2 64 ounce shower gels back in stock A380620

Basil cucumber is fantastic....dreamy good!...one of my favorites.

Honored Contributor

Excellent price, but they will have to remove all the artificial dyes and sulfates to get me to buy them anymore. I stopped last year. 

Trusted Contributor

Ordered the fresh cream.  One of my favorites.   Heart

Honored Contributor

@FlyersGirl 

Love Basil Cucumber Cooler.  The last time the 2 64 oz. set was on sale, I bought 2 sets.  We have a ton of it now.  It is my husband's favorite!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@FlyersGirl  and others - 

Can you recommend some scents for me?

I did get Gingerbread Man, because we all like that. I also got the fall trio and Orange Mimosa this past summer- wonderful! I also got the holiday sampler for gifts, but I might keep some myself! LOL!

I tend to like scents and candles that don't smell like food. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@beach-mom 

Let me start by saying that I have never had a problem with philosophy scents. The EDPs last on me and any of the 3n1s, creams etc that I have purchaed smell exactly as advertised. I know that are people who indicate that they receive items with no scent or scent that does not last on them. That is not the case with me. That said:

I'll start with this 64 ounce set, in case you are looking to purchase due to the incedible value -- 

In this set, the Basil Cucumber is definitely a "clean" /spa like scent. I've tried this one before so this is a reorder for me. 

I know that people love Fresh Cream, but when I first tried it in 3 n 1 and body cream I smelled  "sour" notes on me so I can't recommend that one. I tried Honey and Cream when it was first introduced and it does smell like honey, but it was not one I would order again.

I do like sweet Vanilla Fig. To me though, it is very strong scented and I get strong notes of vanilla, fig and something floral. I have some in my stash. I may reorder this at some point. 

For other philosophy 3n1 scents, other than the originals (AG. PG. FIL and UL, which I love), I tend to go for the foodie scents. I am not a big fan of the florals, so I will defer to our other philosophy girls to give you non foodie recommendations. 

Some Non "foodie" scents: Snow Angel, Snow Fairy, (Snow Globe will be coming out soon), Sparkling Hollyberries, Cozy by the Fire, Soft Suede, Warm Cashmere (I do like this one), Snowman (this one smells like 7up so I don't really consider this a foodie and if you like gingerbread man you would probably like this, I do) 

Honored Contributor

@FlyersGirl wrote:

@beach-mom 

Let me start by saying that I have never had a problem with philosophy scents. The EDPs last on me and any of the 3n1s, creams etc that I have purchaed smell exactly as advertised. I know that are people who indicate that they receive items with no scent or scent that does not last on them. That is not the case with me. That said:

I'll start with this 64 ounce set, in case you are looking to purchase due to the incedible value -- 

In this set, the Basil Cucumber is definitely a "clean" /spa like scent. I've tried this one before so this is a reorder for me. 

I know that people love Fresh Cream, but when I first tried it in 3 n 1 and body cream I smelled  "sour" notes on me so I can't recommend that one. I tried Honey and Cream when it was first introduced and it does smell like honey, but it was not one I would order again.

I do like sweet Vanilla Fig. To me though, it is very strong scented and I get strong notes of vanilla, fig and something floral. I have some in my stash. I may reorder this at some point. 

For other philosophy 3n1 scents, other than the originals (AG. PG. FIL and UL, which I love), I tend to go for the foodie scents. I am not a big fan of the florals, so I will defer to our other philosophy girls to give you non foodie recommendations. 

Some Non "foodie" scents: Snow Angel, Snow Fairy, (Snow Globe will be coming out soon), Sparkling Hollyberries, Cozy by the Fire, Soft Suede, Warm Cashmere (I do like this one), Snowman (this one smells like 7up so I don't really consider this a foodie and if you like gingerbread man you would probably like this, I do) 

Thank you @FlyersGirl! I have never tried any of the originals. I have tried Sparkling Hollyberries and I like that. Someone gave me a gift set with small bottles of Snow Angel and Snow Fairy. I liked one a lot, but wasn't crazy about the other- and I can't remember which is which! I have tried Fresh Cream, and I agree with you. I haven't tried Philosophy's Sweet Vanilla Fig, but I have tried Josie Maran's version- it's OK, but there are others I prefer. 

Thanks again- I think I might try Basil Cucumber- or I'll just go with the set I have and keep them instead. 

I tend to like seasonal scents. I don't use summer scents in winter. Oh, one scent I really like- any time of the year - is Lemon Custard. I love anything lemon. Does Philosophy have a lavender scent?  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@beach-mom 

I am not aware of a current lavender scent.

They did have a holiday lavender scent called Silent Night several years ago and a "foodie" lavender scent called Lavender Pound cake. They also did a version of "bubbly" called Lavender Bubbly and had a "spa" scent called Lavender and Rosemary. I think it has been a number of years that any of these has been around although they might be listed on ebay or one of the other sale sites. Silent Night was the only one of these that I tried, but I did not like it as I am not a big fan of lavender.. 

I also love the seasonal scents. It is a shame that philosophy has not (yet) decided to offer the holiday scent Wonderous Winter in a larger size on QVC. This was offered as part of the 12 piece small bottle holiday set a couple of months ago and it was an exclusive at Kohls (16 ounce bottles) last year. I still have a couple of bottles of Wondrous Winter (think minty)  that I got from Kohls, along with the foodie scents Praline Crunch and White Chocolate Hazelnut cookie. 

I also have not seen on QVC, but have seen other places like Macys and Belk, a set called "under the mistletoe" which is described as a floral scent. You might like this one. I don't know if this will eventually show up on QVC.

Honored Contributor

Wonderous Winter is what I used in the early part of this year. Never saw it on QVC; received it as a Christmas gift purchased locally at Kohl's. Loved the minty scent which @FlyersGirl  mentioned. If offered on QVC, I think it would be popular.