Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,341
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

I'm doing some Christmas shopping. Is this a good scent?  It's for my sisters-in-law. We don't live close enough to know what scents they like. 

They like to give me Bath & Body Works. I don't know if they've ever tried Philosophy before.

 

I also am getting Candy Cane for me. This is the time of year I say "birthday (December) or Christmas" !  Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,337
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Snow Angel is not a strong scent - at least not in the shower gel. It's kind of a gentle baby powder smell. I think Candy Cane is too strong.

Valued Contributor
Posts: 884
Registered: ‎04-05-2010

I love it. Just finished up a bottle this morning.

It's like the graces...More complex than Pure Grace, less floral than Amazing Grace...just as it sounds they really nailed this fragrance in my opinion. It's like a fresh, crisp, winter's day with a little warmth and touch of sweet.  To me it's just a pretty, light, fresh, feminine fragrance anyone would love as it's not specific like a bakery note, or a sweet candy kind of thing. Also, not as perfumy as B&BW, which can be nice but much stronger. I hope that helps you! Oh and also, I find this particular shower gel makes great bubbles in the bath. Depending on the fragrance (and I"ve tried many)...some bubble better than others.

 

Btw...I love Candy Cane too...just tried this as I got the 6 fragrance kit again this year. Also, as someone said here...Pure Grace is also my favorite of the Graces, and Fresh Cream...both clean, fresh for anytime of year. That said...I don't at all think of Snow Angel as only a winter fragrance...it's subtle enough, and just pretty for anytime.

Valued Contributor
Posts: 858
Registered: ‎11-02-2015

@beach-mom wrote:

I'm doing some Christmas shopping. Is this a good scent?  It's for my sisters-in-law. We don't live close enough to know what scents they like. 

They like to give me Bath & Body Works. I don't know if they've ever tried Philosophy before.

 

I also am getting Candy Cane for me. This is the time of year I say "birthday (December) or Christmas" !  Smiley Wink


I have tried the snow Angel and it was ok...I personally like the Pure Grace.  It is a lovely clean fragrance....not seasonal.  I use it year round.  

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,350
Registered: ‎01-27-2014

I love Snow Angel. It has a tinge of figi apple smell, which is divine. Very clean smelling.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,341
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Thanks everyone! I went ahead and ordered. I hope they like it!  Smiley Happy

Super Contributor
Posts: 250
Registered: ‎07-26-2017

Out of all Philosophy scents Snow Angel is my favorite.  In fact I still have the 3 piece set on auto-ship.  Now it's my daughter's favorite too.  It smells so fresh and clean.

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,185
Registered: ‎12-12-2010

@amyb wrote:

I love it. Just finished up a bottle this morning.

It's like the graces...More complex than Pure Grace, less floral than Amazing Grace...just as it sounds they really nailed this fragrance in my opinion. It's like a fresh, crisp, winter's day with a little warmth and touch of sweet.  To me it's just a pretty, light, fresh, feminine fragrance anyone would love as it's not specific like a bakery note, or a sweet candy kind of thing. Also, not as perfumy as B&BW, which can be nice but much stronger. I hope that helps you! Oh and also, I find this particular shower gel makes great bubbles in the bath. Depending on the fragrance (and I"ve tried many)...some bubble better than others.

 

Btw...I love Candy Cane too...just tried this as I got the 6 fragrance kit again this year. Also, as someone said here...Pure Grace is also my favorite of the Graces, and Fresh Cream...both clean, fresh for anytime of year. That said...I don't at all think of Snow Angel as only a winter fragrance...it's subtle enough, and just pretty for anytime.


@amyb 

You hit the nail on the head describing the scent!  I just received mine today & rushed to the sink to wash my hands.  I washed them like 2 or 3 times & am in ❤️❤️❤️ with it!  I'm really glad I purchased it!

________________________________________________________________________________________________
It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die.
~~Col. Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Valued Contributor
Posts: 884
Registered: ‎04-05-2010

@SurferWife wrote:

@amyb wrote:

I love it. Just finished up a bottle this morning.

It's like the graces...More complex than Pure Grace, less floral than Amazing Grace...just as it sounds they really nailed this fragrance in my opinion. It's like a fresh, crisp, winter's day with a little warmth and touch of sweet.  To me it's just a pretty, light, fresh, feminine fragrance anyone would love as it's not specific like a bakery note, or a sweet candy kind of thing. Also, not as perfumy as B&BW, which can be nice but much stronger. I hope that helps you! Oh and also, I find this particular shower gel makes great bubbles in the bath. Depending on the fragrance (and I"ve tried many)...some bubble better than others.

 

Btw...I love Candy Cane too...just tried this as I got the 6 fragrance kit again this year. Also, as someone said here...Pure Grace is also my favorite of the Graces, and Fresh Cream...both clean, fresh for anytime of year. That said...I don't at all think of Snow Angel as only a winter fragrance...it's subtle enough, and just pretty for anytime.


@amyb 

You hit the nail on the head describing the scent!  I just received mine today & rushed to the sink to wash my hands.  I washed them like 2 or 3 times & am in ❤️❤️❤️ with it!  I'm really glad I purchased it!


Yayyyy! Now you should take a bubble bath in it. Smiley Happy Glad you tried and love it, and that my description helped. I think the Philosophy reps need to describe the fragrances better, rather than trying to entice us with "fantasy scenarios" instead..."it's like being wrapped in a warm blanket, while sitting under your Christmas tree, having hot cocoa, after shoveling snow on a blustery winter day." Jeez...frustrates the heck out of me. TELL ME WHAT IT SMELLS LIKE!! The notes in it. Easy enough...they seldom do anymore. Someone in marketing, obviously, think "fantasies" sell better. Not for me. I move on if I don't know what it really smells like, or have to guess from their "stories" what the heck they mean.