Honored Contributor

Re: sfnative regarding oxycodone

@sfnative wrote:

@Noel7

Back after several days away, I must send condolences to you and your family for this most terrible loss.  And, I'm so sorry that the stress has kicked things up for you.  If we could all harness what stress hormones and the like do to our bodies, especially vulnerable populations, we'd all be so much better off.  Hope you're feeling better soon.  XXX

Thank you @sfnative

Still having a lot of pain, I certainly understand what you are dealing with and  I wish you the best.

Honored Contributor

@Noel7

Are you going to tell me what I said that bothered you? If not, there isn't much I can do to try to work this out with you.

I meant nothing by talking about my bronchial spasms, it was just something added to my long list of lung and heart issues, not a diagnosis of you are anyone else's medical issues. Bout all I can say,

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@hckynut

Costo has nothing to do with lifestyle for lupus patients, don't put that on us. Costo attacks the ribs, NOT bronchial spasms.

The greatest problem for those of us with lupus is inflammation, which is exactly what Costo is.  It can be brought on by stress, which is exactly what triggered it in me.  This time it was the death of my BIL the other day.  He and I were good friends for decades. 

I felt the Costo come on immediately after the phone call from my daughter letting me know that he had died.

I think John may be confusing bronchial spasms with the inflammation process of costo. I have had it more than once and it definitely due to my auto-immune issues. The issue for you and myself is that sometimes it feels exactly like a heart attack and it is difficult telling the difference.

Hi to you@Trinity11,

My only confusion is what I said that was wrong. I understand well that bronchial spasms are not the same as "whatever costo might be". I was not comparing my issues or diagnosing anyone else's in my comment.

"Lifestyle" got into this somehow, and I only mentioned what I did to help the bronchical spasms I still have on rare occasions. Back in the 1960's and 1970's, it was not fun for this young man of the time.

I could not get a full compliment of oxygen to my lungs, and that worried the heck out of me. And as I said, with my maternal genetics, thinking of heart issues was on my mind each time this happened.

As I said, I cannot remember what my doctor called it at the time, but it started with a "P".  I mean this was over 55 years ago, and I know it was not Paracarditis. It was not fluid around my heart, but bad pains that were aggravated by my not being able to get a full breath because of my spasms.

Something I said obviously didn't set well, but it was not because I was confused, I was only telling my story. It was not meant to tell others what they are doing right or doing wrong. I have never done that I don't intend to start doing it now.

Appreciate your comment.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@hckynut

Costo has nothing to do with lifestyle for lupus patients, don't put that on us. Costo attacks the ribs, NOT bronchial spasms.

The greatest problem for those of us with lupus is inflammation, which is exactly what Costo is.  It can be brought on by stress, which is exactly what triggered it in me.  This time it was the death of my BIL the other day.  He and I were good friends for decades. 

I felt the Costo come on immediately after the phone call from my daughter letting me know that he had died.

I think John may be confusing bronchial spasms with the inflammation process of costo. I have had it more than once and it definitely due to my auto-immune issues. The issue for you and myself is that sometimes it feels exactly like a heart attack and it is difficult telling the difference.

Hi to you@Trinity11,

My only confusion is what I said that was wrong. I understand well that bronchial spasms are not the same as "whatever costo might be". I was not comparing my issues or diagnosing anyone else's in my comment.

"Lifestyle" got into this somehow, and I only mentioned what I did to help the bronchical spasms I still have on rare occasions. Back in the 1960's and 1970's, it was not fun for this young man of the time.

I could not not get a full compliment of oxygen to my lungs, and that worried the heck out of me. And as I said, with my maternal genetics, thinking of heart issues was on my mind each time this happened.

As I said, I cannot remember what my doctor called it at the time, but it started with a "P". mean this was over 55 years ago, and I know it was not Paracarditis. It was not fluid around my heart, but bad pains that were aggravated by my now being able to get a full breath because of my spasms.

Something I said obviously didn't set well, but it was not because I was confused, I was only telling my story. It was not meant to tell others what they are doing right or doing wrong. I have never done that I don't intend to start doing it now.

Appreciate your comment.

hckynut(john)

Hi @hckynut. I think Noel was just clarifying that costochondritis is not something to do with "lifestyle." It is a painful condition that sometimes takes weeks to resolve. I had it first back when I was in my twenties. No one really knows what causes it. It is an inflammatory condition.

John, I wonder if you were diagnosed with pleurisy? Another very uncomfortable condition.....

Hope you are doing well...

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11

Pleurisy, that is exactly what it was called. I just could not think of the word, but I knew well the pains I had from it. Those pains I did not experience with either of my 2 heart attack, but it was very worrisome to me. My doctor at the time put me on the Valium Yellow Tabs(1mg?) for the spasms.

The spasms worsened the Pleurisy episodes. Short of breath and chest pain and I was maybe in my mid 20's at the time. I was working Graveyard Shift and there was nobody in the Medical Department for us 3rd shift workers, only the day and 4-Midnight workers had that benefit.

Thanks for letting me know what it was as I don't know that I would have ever remembered it. At that time it was very concerning to me and I didn't want to say anything to my mother about it. She had her much more serious health issues than to have to worry about me.

Appreciate your help with this,

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@Trinity11

Pleurisy, that is exactly what it was called. I just could not think of the word, but I knew well the pains I had from it. Those pains I did not experience with either of my 2 heart attack, but it was very worrisome to me. My doctor at the time put me on the Valium Yellow Tabs(1mg?) for the spasms.

The spasms worsened the Pleurisy episodes. Short of breath and chest pain and I was maybe in my mid 20's at the time. I was working Graveyard Shift and there was nobody in the Medical Department for us 3rd shift workers, only the day and 4-Midnight workers had that benefit.

Thanks for letting me know what it was as I don't know that I would have ever remembered it. At that time it was very concerning to me and I didn't want to say anything to my mother about it. She had her much more serious health issues than to have to worry about me.

Appreciate your help with this,

hckynut(john)

@hckynut.....yes, I had pleurisy after I contracted pneumonia. It was no picnic, so I understand what you are saying. It must have really been difficult working during the illness.