Reply
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,258
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: sfnative regarding oxycodone

@dooBdoo

 

Yes, indeed, I agree with you wholeheartedly.  Frankly, these folks are most times quite needy, psychologically.  They sign in and bluster their way through various topics, waving their batons and distributing written dicti as if new Amendments to the Constitution.

 

Having recently returned, I shall remember to use the ignore button!

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,672
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: sfnative regarding oxycodone

Poodlepet2...What can I say...I love you for the way you say what needs to be said to the ignorant.  No need to explain what that means, you know what it means.


@Poodlepet2 wrote:

Bless my soul-this is a puzzle....check out 2/28/17: "Nothing by mouth except clear liquids"- begun under your name...

Just glancing through those topics begun under your screen name-wow....mods work overtime!

Ok Peeps-I am done, done, done with this poster-and I suggest you all do the same. I wish we still had the "Ignore" button.

 

If you want to see for yourselves, just scroll through any topic begun by said poster.....

Between reading Domestic and International news-and this-and woodpeckers falling down our chimney-and finches appearing on our porch when there are no holes in screens or open doors, and people flying in tricycle with wings over Charlotte Harbor, I CEREMONIOUSLY DECLARE A DAY OF ABSURDITY!

 

Now, let's go watch Monty Python and recite "Lewis Carroll's "Jabberwocky" to our pets...no pet, no problem! Let's get silly!Smiley Happy

Poodlepet2


 

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,672
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: sfnative regarding oxycodone

I recently got the surprise of my life when  attempting to having two prescriptions filled.  One was for the Fentanyl Patch and the other Oxycodone.  I have been taking these two medications for chronic pain for years and never had a problem.  Of course I am aware of the doctors and pharmacies reluctance to prescribe or fill these particular medications, however when the pharmacist said she could fill the Fentanyl patch but not the Oxycodone I was taken by surprise. 

 

I was told my insurance company would not allow them to fill it because it exceeded the morphine equivalent.  I understood what that meant because my previous pain management doctor had explained it to me last year when they had to lower patients medication to comply with the DEA.

 

Well naturally I contacted  the insurance company and in very short order was informed that I indeed can have it filled and I have been approved for both medications for the rest of this year.  I hope the doctors, pharmacies and some insurance companies get on the same page soon.

What will happen next year remains to be seen.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,512
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: sfnative regarding oxycodone

@Lindsays Grandma, I am shaking with anger: insurance companies have an ever lengthening list of procedures, treatments and medications they won't cover.

 

They have long been saying " We don't make and are not making medical decisions. We are saying,however, we won't pay for x, y or z."

 

I read an article in today's "Washington Post": several of us have been having an ongoing conversation about this.

Today's article gave me the push I needed. I ordered: if it works that well, then perhaps I won't even need the medical form....

I just see the writing on the wall....

 

If this new health care bill goes through, we will all be in big trouble with pre-existing conditions.

 

......and it will only get worse for insurance coverage, but what you were told????? They crossed the line....they did....

Hugs,

Poodlepet2

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,258
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: sfnative regarding oxycodone

@Poodlepet2

 

Shaking with anger after having read the Washington Post:  Well, I am shaking with anger at all of the sources who are manufacturing lists of pre-existing or saying "what could" when they have absolutely no clue, when such lists do not yet exist!  Try going to the source, not the media, please.

 

 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 15,313
Registered: ‎05-01-2010

Re: sfnative regarding oxycodone


@sfnative wrote:

@Poodlepet2

 

Shaking with anger after having read the Washington Post:  Well, I am shaking with anger at all of the sources who are manufacturing lists of pre-existing or saying "what could" when they have absolutely no clue, when such lists do not yet exist!  Try going to the source, not the media, please.

 

 


@sfnative Can you tell us where to find this source please? I have some family members with bad pre existing conditions. Thank you.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 18,752
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: sfnative regarding oxycodone

[ Edited ]

@KarenQVC wrote:

I don't know why the doctors are going after sick old people.  People should be given what they need to control pain.  If all the old people who are being hassled now were meant to be addicts, they would have killed themselves years ago.  No common sense is being used.


**********************

 

Hi @KarenQVC

 

It's because there is an epidemic of especially American women dying from Oxy addiction.

 

That said, I have lupus and deal with pain every day, much of it is extreme.  In fact, I was hospitalized this past week with pain in my chest which thankfully turned out to apparently be Costo, not heart this time. 

 

I was on Oxy earlier last year and totally understand it as a pain killer, it's amazing and works wonders.

 

I understand their need to pull back because so many of us are dying from it, but the sad truth is there is no replacement. 

 

We are left with pain.  I don't fault anyone for needing help.

 

 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 18,752
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: sfnative regarding oxycodone


@sfnative wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma@Poodlepet2@KarenQVC@Q4u@CatLoverDogsToo@LTT1@hckynutjohn

 

Dear Friends,

 

I don't know who I've missed and apologize profusely right now, if you are missing from the above list.

 

First, I do want to bring to your attention the fact that I asked for the thread to be closed for further commentary, per one of the kind people above: she explained it here and included the language verbatum.

 

You're all correct.  There were quite a number of smart alecks over there to the extent that from the get-go, I was rolling my eyes and kicking myself for ever starting the darn thing.  That's why early on I told one poster my IQ and also indicated I knew the difference between a placebo effect and the real deal.  Geesh!

 

But most of all, I'd like to thank all of you for your most kind and intelligent words.  Many of you spent quite a bit of time and thought into your pieces and that means something extra special, believe me.

 

This "interim" Internist also bashed my Neuro several good ones, telling me that he should have me off this med and should have me 50% off another med(!!!)  What this ijiot fails to use his head for is you don't mess with anyone with seizure disorders, of which I have 2.  Just simple don't mess with meds.  Period.  What I hope will be the upside to this is that I have an initial eval with a new Internest mid-May.  She went to UCLA through Residency, then joined the Air Force and spent years with them.  She's now in private practice.  Having recently retired from a Navy position, I hope we can get along and trust she can be more open and intelligent than the person I've recently seen.

 

All of this has occurred because it was finally published that my previous and wonderful Internist simply had it with what the bottom line has become for physicians in the 21st century.  So, I went searching for a new Internist, only to discover that in the interim patients with medicare and Blue Cross/Blue Shield PPO are unwelcomed and unrecognized patients.  Internists now want Medicare Advantage ONLY patients.  This means that there is a co-pay at every PCP visit and who knows what balances remain down the road if and when something major occurs.  We simply won't go this road.  Our current combo, with the exception of PCPs/Internists, is fabulous.

 

I agree with so much of what everyone has said about controlled substances and why those of us who need it are in such a pickle.  Though I'm taking a minimal dose, I'm now branded a "drug abuser" and "drug seeker."  Oh, and found out yesterday that my previous Internist's office in forwarding records, deleted all references to Dr. L. having prescribed Oxycodone in the past.  It's simply not there, so am glad to have Walgreens on my side.  Am going to make sure I make a trip to Walgreens to see if they can print out a record of the oxycodone prescriptions since we've made the move from CA to OR.

 

With an appointment with a new Pain Mgmt doc coming up in the later part of May, I believe he'll probably be turning to alternative pain control medications, which is fine with me, as long as they work and leave my brain alone.

 

Thank you all for offers of help and advice.  This has meant so very much, especially at this late hour, when I finally decided I could not go to bed until I had check on the status of the original thread, only to find the new one started by "Lindsays Grandma."

 

Bless you all - Rebecca  XXX


****************************

 

@sfnative

 

Don't pay attention to people who say things like that, they don't know what they are talking about.

 

Wishing you the best...

 

@Noel7

Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,733
Registered: ‎11-16-2014

Re: sfnative regarding oxycodone


@Noel7 wrote:

@KarenQVC wrote:

I don't know why the doctors are going after sick old people.  People should be given what they need to control pain.  If all the old people who are being hassled now were meant to be addicts, they would have killed themselves years ago.  No common sense is being used.


**********************

 

Hi @KarenQVC

 

It's because there is an epidemic of especially American women dying from Oxy addiction.

 

That said, I have lupus and deal with pain every day, much of it is extreme.  In fact, I was hospitalized this past week with pain in my chest which thankfully turned out to apparently be Costo, not heart this time. 

 

I was on Oxy earlier last year and totally understand it as a pain killer, it's amazing and works wonders.

 

I understand their need to pull back because so many of us are dying from it, but the sad truth is there is no replacement. 

 

We are left with pain.  I don't fault anyone for needing help.

 

 


@Noel7...thinking of you and praying for a quick recovery. I know how costochondritis mimics chest pain. The first time I had it back in my 20's, I was very frightened. Happy, though, it wasn't a heart attack. Take care...

Honored Contributor
Posts: 18,752
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: sfnative regarding oxycodone


@Trinity11 wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@KarenQVC wrote:

I don't know why the doctors are going after sick old people.  People should be given what they need to control pain.  If all the old people who are being hassled now were meant to be addicts, they would have killed themselves years ago.  No common sense is being used.


**********************

 

Hi @KarenQVC

 

It's because there is an epidemic of especially American women dying from Oxy addiction.

 

That said, I have lupus and deal with pain every day, much of it is extreme.  In fact, I was hospitalized this past week with pain in my chest which thankfully turned out to apparently be Costo, not heart this time. 

 

I was on Oxy earlier last year and totally understand it as a pain killer, it's amazing and works wonders.

 

I understand their need to pull back because so many of us are dying from it, but the sad truth is there is no replacement. 

 

We are left with pain.  I don't fault anyone for needing help.

 

 


@Noel7...thinking of you and praying for a quick recovery. I know how costochondritis mimics chest pain. The first time I had it back in my 20's, I was very frightened. Happy, though, it wasn't a heart attack. Take care...


Thanks @Trinity11  Smiley Happy

 

To top it off, I picked up a cold at the same time which added continual coughing to Costo. OMG, that has been some serious pain and delayed recovery Smiley Surprised

 

Now it's kicked up asthma, it if isn't one thing with lupus, it's a dozen... sardonic smile.

 

Hoping you are continuing to heal well!