Honored Contributor

This thread has a wealth of misinformation, like most of this type of thread generally does.  Consult your doctor.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

The senior pneumonia shot is two shots, the 2nd one given a year after the 1st one.  

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

is this given in two doses a year apart?  Thanks so much.

@SeaMaiden. Just heard a Prevnar13 commercial on TV, "One shot protects you from XX strains of pneumonia.  It is NOT a yearly shot".  My impression from my doctor, one and done.

Honored Contributor

@Catty2 wrote:

The senior pneumonia shot is two shots, the 2nd one given a year after the 1st one.  

@Catty2.  Thats not what I got nor is it what the company's advertising says.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@SeaMaiden. Just heard a Prevnar13 commercial on TV, "One shot protects you from XX strains of pneumonia.  It is NOT a yearly shot".  My impression from my doctor, one and done.

@Kachina624   Hello!  I go on Tuesday with DH to get our shots. Guess I will find out then.  I just could not find any definite answer on Google. I will update after we get the shots to let you know what the answer is. 

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 

I talked to my doctor before getting the shot(s) and the pharmacist at CVS was the one who gave me the shots.  That was a year or so ago so maybe there is a newer shot out now.  

Honored Contributor

Re: pneumonia shot

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Kachina624   Hello!  I go on Tuesday with DH to get our shots. Guess I will find out then.  I just could not find any definite answer on Google. I will update after we get the shots to let you know what the answer is. 

@Kachina624   So we went and got our shots today. It was the    PPSV23.  people with compromised immune systems or health issue would  possibly want have the other shot a year later. For most everyone  it is just the one shot. 

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden.  Thanks for the follow-up.  I thought so.

Respected Contributor

I had a Prevnar 13 shot in 2015.  This year I am 65 and my NP gave me the Pneumo 23 shot.  

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624   I wanted to make a correction.....we had the PPSV23 shot....not the 13.