Contributor
We have changed everything in the kitchen. Coconut oil, coconut milk and coconut flour...chicken on the grill...etc
So why does my husband seem to gain and I'm staying the same weight? Why aren't we loosing?
It's been 3 weeks. Using Dr Axes recipes too.
Contributor

Respected Contributor

Don't know who Dr. Axe is, but I think different bodies respond to different diets.  I don't think our bodies are all "cookie cutter" and therefore don't lose weight with all diets.  Maybe try something different. 

Respected Contributor

I thought coconut oil had a lot of calories.  Could it be that the calorie count isn't less?  I find the best way to lose weight is exercise.  I've been walking about 40 minutes most days and enjoy it.

Respected Contributor

Isn't coconut oil etc. loaded with saturated fats? I don't get the rage for coconut products except maybe the flours if you are gluten intolerant.

I don't know though why you expect these ingredients to help lose weight. Is it possible he is eating other things when you aren't around?

Honored Contributor

Re: body weight

[ Edited ]

Calories in, calories out. No matter what you eat....that is what it comes down to.  Measuring and  portion control. Count your calories.

Esteemed Contributor

I do Weight Watchers and a tablespoon of coconut oil is 7 points which is the same as a couple of small cookies or a cup and a half of Lucky Charms. It's ok to use but very high in calories.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

As sea maiden said - calories do count.

If you want to do not want lower the amount you eat, you have to burn more calories.

It is commendable that you are taking a more healthy approach to eating.

It does help.

There are so many different approaches to losing weight.

Esteemed Contributor

@Meowingkitty

Hi

WW is a low fat diet and since the inception of Oprah has even become more extreme in the raising of fat points.  There are so many theories againts that premise. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Coconut anything is very high in calories (same with nuts); coconut oil is also a saturated fat and not recommened for heart health.

Ironically, many of the things that are healthy for us are NOT low in calories.

@hopi Regarding WW; that is false information and Oprah has NOTHING to do with it.