Honored Contributor

When I have that, I take Magnesium (Natural Calm) and it's usually better in a few hours. I agree that the roller might be a good investment (if you can tolerate the pain).

Regular Contributor

Costochondritis (kos-toe-KHON-dri-tis)

Google it I've had it for years and it will move too its very painful....

Super Contributor
I saw this roller on Amazon..... I went ahead and ordered one. Worth at least to try it....perhaps it is just stiff muscles. Thanks!
Trusted Contributor

Do you know a good chiropractor? My chiropractor helped me with the same problem. He did a couple of adjustments but he also showed me how to move properly and gave me stretching exercises. One tip was never bend over from the waist. Either squat or sit.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Super Contributor
On 5/14/2014 TRUE said:

Do not think this is it, I have no trouble breathing, and it is on both sides of my mid back. Thanks anyway for commenting!
Super Contributor
On 5/14/2014 adelle38 said:

Do you know a good chiropractor? My chiropractor helped me with the same problem. He did a couple of adjustments but he also showed me how to move properly and gave me stretching exercises. One tip was never bend over from the waist. Either squat or sit.

Not into chiropractic. I know many swear by it, but I just do not trust them as there are so many bad ones who take advantage of people and insurance companies.
Trusted Contributor
On 5/14/2014 gazelle77 said:
On 5/14/2014 adelle38 said:

Not into chiropractic. I know many swear by it, but I just do not trust them as there are so many bad ones who take advantage of people and insurance companies.

It's true there are many bad ones. Mine came highly recommended and he sticks to what he knows, the spine. He doesn't keep people coming back for years or sell high priced supplements and equipment. He knows a lot about body mechanics and that's what's helped me the most.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Occasional Contributor

I have a problem when I lie on my left side. When I get up I can actually feel my ribs contract. I went to the physical therapist and was told it was my quadratus lumborum muscle. I now sleep on my right side and that is it. I can't turn over in bed or lay on my left side.

Maybe check that out.

Honored Contributor
On 5/14/2014 TRUE said:

I read all about it and it could have been what I had. Thanks for the link.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Gazelle

I know how you feel,. It is a pain in the butt! I don't know about you, but my whole darn life is rearranged with this back deal. I have a slipped disc and a few other things. I don't get pain in my back, I get it in the hips and down my legs. Pain pills are useless when it acts up. John is right. Core exercise is one of the most important things you can do, even if it hurts. Icing is next. I also use arnica, and bought those ice packs I can strap around my back and or knee. I still go to gym, everything is modified.

My daughter got back pains from her new mattress. She has the neck thing too, cannot use a pillow. I do have a suggestion so your neck stays in place and has a little support. I have this down pillow I removed all but a few quarts of feathers and sewed it back up. It is all of 1/2 inch high, LOL! But I told her to lay it flat under her neck, and scrunch it around the sides of her neck. She is in nirvana! I do it too, but I also have another flat pillow under that. I need some height, or my back goes out..

I am 66, and never, ever thought I'd have this kind of trouble. I was always very active. I still am, but have to do things in increments. Never can I do it all at once. I get things done, just takes forever. I guess I should be happy for that, because some people are totally immobile. I have a great deal of empathy for those that suffer from chronic pain that effects everyday life.

ETA

I am not into chiropractic care either. I know some people swear by it, but my daughter was permanently harmed by it. I know that is rare, rare rare. But it did happen to her. However, I cannot suggest accupunture highly enough. It is peaceful, painless and totally relaxing to me. It doesn't last long, just like other treatments. But when I do go, I feel very good after.