Regular Contributor

Tomorrow I start the dreaded prep for my colonscopy.   I absolutely HATE drinking the gallon of Golytely.  Instead of the flavoring provided I add pina colada drops to each glass to make it so I can at least swallow the stuff without my throat closing.  

I'm all stocked up on banana popsicles, gingerale, lime jello, and broth.  I've picked out a good book to help while away the time spent in the bathroom.

Ready, set, GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Esteemed Contributor

Did you stock up on TP too? 😂😂  Good luck. 

Honored Contributor

Prepping with Vaseline before you start the bathroom trips will help a lot too.

Honored Contributor

Bless you!  You might not want any more salt though (shiver)!

Image result for jello in a martini glass

Honored Contributor

Just keep telling yourself what a good thing you're doing for yourself.  Good luck!

Honored Contributor

@Miss Shellypoor girl that is going to be a rough time for a bit.I hope you get something good after to treat yourself.

Respected Contributor

Next time ask for pills. You do not have to drink anything

Honored Contributor
@MissShelley,

As one that has drank 20 of gallons of Go/NuLyely, I don't think giving you "good luck" salutations will make a difference. I will however say that I hope your procedure goes well, and you are given an "ALLS CLEAN" from your Gastro Doctor. 1 gallon? Nothing to it!

hckynut(john)
hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

other prep methods besides that,  have you looked at those, guess it's kind of late now

Respected Contributor

@Miss Shelly hoping all goes well for your colonoscopy...I just endured that prep last month...I asked for the pills and my doctor told me he did not recommend taking them and prescribed a different type of prep called Trilyte (came with orange and lime flavor packets) and it was so much better than taking the Golytely.