Respected Contributor

I did the big jug of GoLytely once & I'd drink a glass & it was all I could do to keep it down & I only made it thru about half to 2/3rds of the jug. When it goes down, it wants to innvoluntarily come straight back up.  It's like drinking heavy slimy seawater!  Fortunately, it was enough to do the trick. 

The 2 colonoscopies I've had since (I'm on the every 5 year plan) my gastro doc has had me mix a container of Miralax with 2 bottles of whatever drink I want so long as it's not red & take some laxative pills, though I'm not sure I really need the pills.  I've done it with lemon-lime Gatorade & I can actually get the whole thing down & it stays down. 

Valued Contributor

Re: Wish me luck

[ Edited ]

I also lit a favorite candle and had my Suduko pu zzle book and a pencil in the bathroom also. Good luck!

Honored Contributor

@Miss Shelly  FIrst, I'll say GOOD FOR YOU for taking charge of your life and health having such a very important totally painfree health check.

Next, I'll say, buy the 8.4oz of Miralax, 2 32oz light colored gatorades or the like. Pour M into G and drink. No dulcalax needed, just drink and GO until clear.

Best to you!

Super Contributor

Use baby wipes!!

Super Contributor

They have pills ???? I never heard this ever.  I have heard how much people hate the drink. 

Respected Contributor

@Janey2 wrote:

Next time ask for pills. You do not have to drink anything

Many doctors, including my own, stopped prescribing the pills, because of adverse effects on the kidneys.  You might want to check that out.

Honored Contributor

@Miss Shelly,

I went for my fourth colonoscopy in late June. I drank two bottles of magnesium citrate, jello, ice-pops, and broth. Kept on hand A+D ointment and Huggies wipes!

http://animationsa2z.com/attachments/Image/goodluck/goodluck7.gif

Honored Contributor

@OhioAngel

As someone who has prepped with the pills before, I will say they have been my favorite prep yet.   However, my prep involved about 30 pills, 30 large pills.   I started out by taking half, then hours later took the rest.  

For me, it was a breeze compared to the magnesium citrate or the prescription preps.   However, the pills had a very strong salt taste, and taking so many at once, dropped my blood pressure.   No sense of urgency, fewer trips, but effective results.   I asked for the pills again last time, but my doctor said he doesn’t use those anymore, due to the complications related to blood pressure.

Respected Contributor

I tried to reply yesterday because I was having one today as well. I had to drink the two litres of Colytle at 4-6 pm and get up at 3:30 am and drink the rest. I couldnt post because I kept getting that script too large warning.

All went well and I hope yours did too.

Not sure if they keep doing them in the patient's 70's or not if there has not been a problem in previous screenings?

Respected Contributor

I am due for another one. Mine are every 10yrs. My husband keeps saying to call. I am in my seventies and I really don’t want another one.