Regular Contributor

Re: Welcome to the September Exercise Thread

Hi Everyone! Just saying hi. No major report, walking and express DVDs- not putting much effort into it. Seems like everyone is keeping up pretty well. I am envious but know I won't put in the effort. Just want to send good thoughts and lots of hugs to patty. Tornado warning as I write- so going to look out the windows, ( tho I know I should not- but fascinating anyway!).
Respected Contributor

Patty, I hope you and ds and lucy and dh are havimg a better day.

Hi, Tony! Stay away from windows, please.

Future, you made lemon risotto. Tonight I made Giada's lemon spaghettti....except I used egg noodles and butter instead of spaghetti and olive oil. I cooked 1serving of pasta and saved 1/4 cup pasta water when I drained it. I returned pasta to pan and added a tablespoon of butter, juice of 1/2 lemon (less than Giada suggests), the pasta water, a handful of finely shredded parm, parsley, salt and pepper. I mixed it all up until the butter melted. It was terrific. A nice change from the usual pasta sauces.

Bopper, have fun tonight at the reception.

Honored Contributor

Jog/walk with the dogs this am. Patty-Oh lady! You've been thru the ringer! Laughing/crying is the best medicine!
Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Valued Contributor

I have to laugh MickD, I'd be totally nuts if I didn't! {#emotions_dlg.lol}

nomless, I had to laugh at you telling Tony to stay away from the windows!

Well, the first two shots(injectible pens) have been administered. I cried a lot...just think it makes me sad that nothing else worked, he's so young, it's scary, been through so much, etc. After no sleep and this time of the month, it was the Perfect Storm.{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} Two more shots today and then again in 15 days. And wow...they're $$$$$$$$$$$$$$!!!{#emotions_dlg.scared}

bopper, we're having that weather today, it's beautiful out! And Yes! Everything is a battle anymore...geesh!

tony, glad you stopped in!!

FUTURE, I channeled you this morning on the Spin bike...tried to anyway, it isn't my "thing"...it's a long hour for me. But enjoyed being with my dil and she likes it. I like the faster segments. Then we did the weights class after that, again, little long and slow for me, but a great cross-trainer. Lots of black and gold in there today for the Steeler game.

Waving to everyone...hope I didn't leave anyone out.

Respected Contributor

Patty, I'm so glad ds finally got the shots. I so hope they help him. I hope Lucy's hanging in there, too. I wish you a lazy afternoon wirh family.
Respected Contributor

Patty, I'm so glad ds finally got the shots. I so hope they help him. I hope Lucy's hanging in there, too. I wish you a lazy afternoon wirh family.
Respected Contributor

Hey all, just doing stuff in the yard today is all I have...took a ride to the lake where they had a Ceremony for Veteras, so lots of Patriotic music and flag waving..boat parade also ad it was a steller day here.

Pppmint my goodness how much can you keep enduring...this is terrible..and with Lucy not feeling good..I seriously don't know how you hold it together.. Praying DS does alright with the shots and your vet apt. tomorrow goes good too...

Nomless That recipe sounds good, should try that..reception was really fun and I danced a lot even with people I didn't know. Have to do YMCA you know! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

MickD glad you got in your dog walk....hard to believe it's Fall! We have some trees trying to change color,,,

Clear night here again, maybe high 40's tonight!

Later kids.

Respected Contributor

Glad you had fun dancing yesterday, Bopper, and Patty, wishing you, ds, Lucy and family a good night and a good tomorrow.
Respected Contributor

On 9/6/2014 nomless said:

Patty, I hope you and ds and lucy and dh are havimg a better day.

Hi, Tony! Stay away from windows, please.

Future, you made lemon risotto. Tonight I made Giada's lemon spaghettti....except I used egg noodles and butter instead of spaghetti and olive oil. I cooked 1serving of pasta and saved 1/4 cup pasta water when I drained it. I returned pasta to pan and added a tablespoon of butter, juice of 1/2 lemon (less than Giada suggests), the pasta water, a handful of finely shredded parm, parsley, salt and pepper. I mixed it all up until the butter melted. It was terrific. A nice change from the usual pasta sauces.

Bopper, have fun tonight at the reception.

Girl, that sounds good! I would LOVe that. I kind of have to sneak the lemon in on hubby. Lol! Smiley Wink today, I took baby boy out for a walk, and he was prancing like everyone was watching! Smiley Wink We only did about a mile and a half, and then I did Pilates on the muscles that weren't sore from yesterday, so it wasn't much! Haha! I had such a good WO yesterday am, but I am certainly sore almost everywhere today. Patty, glad you got the shots. I don't like the sprints in spin. I'm a slow girl! I LOVE the climbs and really cranking it. Lol! I rarely do the weights class anymore. I'd rather lift heavy, and spend less time at the gym! Ha! Glad you were with DIL. That's really sweet of you. Bop, can you send a little bit of that weather this way? It was in the 70s this weekend, and back to HOT this week. Waaaaaaahhhhhhhh! I got to wear a scarf ONCE! I am so ready for fall weather. Ok, I need to get to bed. Busy day tmrw!
Valued Contributor

FUTURE, I don't like Body-Pump either, I've always said I can get a much better lift in, in half the time. I've read many articles that say 'if you're lifting for an hour, you're doing something wrong'...I always think of those articles with Body-Pump. I'm not sore today either...I can get a much more intense work-out on my own in 20 minutes if you super-set, use HIIT, CF, etc. The climbs are okay, but it's still not my first choice, or second or third...lol. No way was I running with her though, not with this foot. I do like the Les Mills step classes though...especially if you have a rockin' instructor.

DS is at work...ay...see how this goes. He's tired anyway after all of this, then throw in the 4 Humira shots in 2 days, we'll see.{#emotions_dlg.unsure}