Respected Contributor

Welcome to the September Exercise Thread

Welcome to September!!

Respected Contributor

Re: Welcome to the September Exercise Thread

Morning,guess I"ll go first today!

Checking in with KCM Muscle Up full body workout. Used 12's on biceps and kickbacks and skull crushers, 25 on lat pull overs, did squats and lunges and deadlifts...my right knee is not good. Could hardly lunge on it at all but it is what it is...used 12's for legs except 25's for the dead lifts ( holding a 15 KB plus a 10 KB) a bit awkward but its all I have.

Raining once again,,and super humid. I am soaking wet my house is so muggy..

Hoping everyone has a good day today..a short work week for many of you. We have no plans, not much to do outside. Baseball this afternoon on TV for us...

Pppmint continued prayers for DS and your entire family...you hang in there and we are all here for you to lean on!

Have a wonderful day!

Valued Contributor

I can't believe it's September already bopper...thanks for starting us off, yet again. What a year this has been. I keep saying every year has to be a better one...so now I'm up to 2015...lol. I'll be on something if it isn't.{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

I had a really good work-out...stairs are right outside gym door and I couldn't barely walk down them. I felt uneasy leaving ds home even though his wife said she was on her way home(she was tutoring) and he said he was fine and to go, so I made the most my time going heavy with no rest-breaks.

I jogged with Lucy for a mile before I left then did heavy legs and intervals with treadmill, chest, hanging Russian twists and leg-raises, stair-stepper, elliptical sprints, plyo squats and sumo squats, and biceps. Did 85lb squats and 80lb dead-lifts with free weights so I know there wasn't any fudging...and my legs were shaking, not gonna lie. It wasn't easy for me by any means, when you go by my weight and those weights and all the upheaval in my life, I'll take it. I'm giving myself a pep talk anyway, maybe I'll believe it...lol!

Doing laundry and think we'll just have to lay low today. Lucy still isn't herself...I wasn't even going to run her but she wanted to...made her go slower than usual and forced some water down her.

Respected Contributor

Good job, Bopper. Sorry you have a rainy day.

Patty, I hope all of you (Lucy included) have a quiet restful day. Continued good wishes to your DS.

I did cardio today....didn't feel like doing weights. Now am watching my Mr. Selfridge dvds. So interesting, wonderful sets and costumes. Tonight, ANW. I think Kacy does her run tonight. As I recall, there are some obstacles with a long distance from one hand hold to another, so she'll be at a disadvtantage because she's so tiny. I wish her a good run.

Respected Contributor

Hi, all. Well, I was actually off work for a holiday. Kind of. Lol! I woke up and lifted and did 15 incline treadmill and 15 on the rower each. I was tired! Ran a couple of errands and did some things around the house. Got an hour long nap in, then had yo go to the office for 3 hrs and move stuff around. Ugh. Ended up walking with a friend for 30 minutes, too. Four hours of manual labor or working out is NOT my idea of a holiday, but I'll live! Smiley Wink I'm about to hit the hay. I'm going to do Pilates tmrw am, and hopefully that'll stretch me out a bit, too. Hope you guys have a wonderful Tuesday!!
Valued Contributor

Happy Tuesday everyone. Got my dil breakfast, coffee, lunch, and out the door, have to wait until 8:30 to make a couple of appointments for my son, then I'll head out.

Going to run today, I'm too sore for anything else. Wish I had a flatter terrain but it's either hills or on the treadmill and I always prefer the great outdoors...rain or shine.

I used 30-lb dumb-bells for rows yesterday and my shoulder blades are sore...didn't even do that many! My cheeks are sore but I knew they would be. Biceps are not and I went heavy on them so I guess I could do those today but need a break from strength training, did it a few days in a row.

Took the dogs for a walk this morning, lots of people out at that time.

Not sure how long I'll be here, want to ride out the steroids then I'd like to be here when he starts the shots...but like he said, if you're going to have a severe allergic reaction, it's more likely to be after using it for a while. Ugh, thanks son.{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Valued Contributor

p.s. Good news, dh's shoulder therapy is coming along wonderfully! He starts strength training today(Special Ops and Forces have their own physical therapists with personal trainers that specialize in physical therapy) so he is very excited about that.

He looks so skinny...ugh. Especially his one arm, it's so skinny, looks awful.{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Contributor

I ordered Beachbody T25 this weekend and it was a challenge pack so I am also getting a bag of shakeology.

I went for a run last night and plan on going on another run tonight.

I have to wait till it is late so it can cool down some, it is hot here in Texas.

I usually eat out for lunch, but I am trying to eat more clean, I brought a salad (kale and baby spinach) and a small piece of steak that dh grilled last night.

I think I bought enough to grill so I will have leftovers with salad everyday.

I brought an apple and sliced bell peppers to snack on here at work too.

I'm not over weight, I just want to tone up and try to eat cleaner.

Respected Contributor

Hi all, I did an hour on the treadmill..I don't mind the treadmill..it was too humid out for me to even want to be out in it........I just put a dvd in the player and watch a show while I walk/ jog.......

Pppmint it sure is a journey you are on isn't it? I hope your foot doesn't hurt too much. I wonder when they will start DS's shots..DH's shoulder is coming nicely..I bet he is happy to start his lifting again even if it is light.

FUTURE did you get yourself all stretched out on the Pilates?

Pit Bull Hi, I have a friend who did T25 and liked it a lot. I hope your temps cool back some. I think your salad with steak and greens sounds good. I have a small garden but our temps this summer were not good for gardens so I don't have much to harvest. Love farmers markets though.

Nomless are you enjoying your time off of work?

Well looks like I can go out and get my paper...so terrible about this ISIS situation..another American Journalist beheaded........its awful and scary.

Later gaiters

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Hi everyone!

I took last week off for recovery.

Sunday, I did a strength-cardio program on OnDemand.

Today I was back at the gym: full body weight session then out to the park for some trails. I did the shortest trail because the clouds were screaming rain.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.