Respected Contributor

Re: Welcome to the September Exercise Thread

Hi Pit Bull. It sounds like you have a plan. Welcome.

Patty, it's great that DH's shoulder is healing, and it sounds like ds is doing a little better. I hope you can enjoy your time with DS, relax a little.

Bopper, good job on the treadmill. Yes, the news is so sad and scary.

Honny, you did good, too.

As for me, I was a slug today. I watched the rest of Mr. Selfridge. Enjoyed it. Tomorrow, back to work. Sigh.

Valued Contributor

Well, that didn't last long nomless, yesterday was not good.

I called and set up his Endo appt then left for my run, he was still in bed...I was going to do 5 but felt very uneasy, rushed, and out of sorts leaving him here alone...so I did 3. Thought I'd come back and check on him and if he was still sleeping, I could finish the last 2 here on the treadmill.

He was up and in the bathroom and it wasn't good. {#emotions_dlg.sad} I yelled in and asked if he was okay...at first he didn't answer me, I almost busted through the door...then he said, "No" and I could tell he was in pain...ugh.

So I've never been so glad to cut a run short in my life. 3 miles with these hills, at that pace, and as sore as my legs were...check.

Anyway, went to Endo at 10 and she sent us to his GI doc as she didn't want to mess with the steroids until he's done flaring and coming off of them. So spent 10 to 1 at doctor's. Now we're just waiting for the Humira(they're going to start it earlier) and in the meantime, if the bleeding gets any worse, back in hospital for IV steroids.

There is a check-list you have to do to go on the Humira, he did everything for the Imuran so have to see if they'll accept his previous results from March...also head doc wasn't in yesterday...he has to approve it, etc.

So...waiting until he gets up today before I go to the gym.

Respected Contributor

Oh, gosh, Patty. I am so, so sorry that yesterday was so difficult.. It must make you and family so angry and frustrated that it's so difficult to manage. And it seems like this latest bout has gone on longer than others. I do hope that today was better. Please know that you guys are in my thoughts and prayers and I wish you well. Hang in there.

It's been a busy day at work. My kitty Shadow could tell I was getting ready to leave this morning, and he was following me around and meowing all over the place. He usually chills on the sofa as I get ready for work, but not today. He could tell I was getting ready to leave, and he was telling me he wanted me to stay home. Don't leave! He'll fall back into our routine in a day or two, I'm sure. My other kitty Coco is always happy when I'm around, but she doesn't mind when I leave, so she had no comment this morning.

Hi to Bopper and Future and Tony and Honny and Bit Pull and all our friends. That includes you, Cater! Smile I hope you're enjoying your day. I'll do something when I get home....don't know if it's be cardio or TG.

Respected Contributor

TG done. I'm close to needing to go up a level. Shaky arms now!
Respected Contributor

Hi all, I dragged brush around today and monkeyed around in the yard. Thats about it for me today. Did get groceries today and had to go to about 4 places to find what I wanted. I hate doing that.....

Pppmint keeping everyone in prayer...stay strong!

Nomless good job if you have to go up a level for some things...that's improvement. Rosalie said her new dvd's are soon to be released and she has another on coming called the 14 day challenge. I'll keep my eyes open for it and let you know.

Honny good job on your gym workout and the weights and the trails.

FUTURE did you get all stretched out on the Pilates?

Pit Bull, Cater and Tony waving to ya all!

Respected Contributor

Hi, all. Patty, praying for you guys. Thank you for keeping us updated so we know what's going on and can be more specific in our thoughts and prayers. Smiley Wink Hi, Pitbull!! We love new people, so welcome!! Bopper, I should've monkeyed around in the yard yesterday, while the weather was nice, but I didn't have time. I had to go to the dr. Plantar fasciitis. Ugh. It hurts sooooo bad. I have been rolling a can under my foot and taking anti inflammatories. Hopefully it will feel better soon. It's hard because I have to be on my feet so much. I've been thinking about doing more juice. Maybe up it to two meals a day. I just get so much more fruits and veggies that way, and I kind of need a cleanse or something. I just feel lighter when I'm doing smoothies more. Oh, and I hot on the scale at the drs. That'll make you feel like c r a p. Lol! I've got a LONG day tmrw. I'm going to try to spin or lift, but depends on how much work there is. Hope you all have a good Thursday. Happy Hump Day. Smiley Wink
Valued Contributor

Wanted to welcome anyone new that has stopped by...I have been remiss with my welcomes and do enjoy seeing the new faces as well as the old.

nomless, this is pretty normal....2010 was a nightmare, he spent more of that year in the hospital than he did out of it. A flare can go on for weeks and sometimes months...unfortunately.

We got a call from the doctor that they approved the Humira...said they were putting the prescription in and we could pick it up tonight and he could start it.

Well, I had a melt-down. I just hate that he has to do this, at 26 years old, he's taking over 20 pills a day and now has to shoot something in his stomach that he could have a bad reaction to. He has shot the Methotrexate before, but I'm just over it.

In my defense, "that" time of the month is in a couple of days and I haven't had much sleep. But, I'm smart enough to know that he did not need it. Only lasted a few minutes...but still.

And she said her and the doctor pulled his cat scan today and sure enough, something is there where he has complained about having pain, for years. Apparently when they put a stent in your bile duct, they are supposed to remove it in 2 to 3 months...grrrrrr!

So tomorrow we have to go for an abdominal x-ray, they can't tell if it's the stent, the clamps from when they removed his gallbladder or what, but she said either would have to be surgically removed when he's healthier. I'm livid.

He has gone in numerous times saying he had pain there. Anyway, then we got a call from the Pharmacy, the insurance won't approve the Humira without more info from the doctor and they were closed by this time. My son was so disappointed because he's thinking the sooner he starts the Humira, the sooner he can get off these steroids.

I want to go to sleep, wake up and have it all be a bad dream. My husband is driving up tomorrow, I didn't even argue. I'm tired.

Respected Contributor

Oh, Patty, hugs, hugs and more hugs. Try to get some sleep. Hope sweet dreams find you somehow.
Valued Contributor

Thanks nomless...and everyone else that has offered prayers and well-wishes!

We're good...just had a bad few moments where it all hit me(got my visitor this morning so my emotions are back in check.Wink) It's been a rough week...well, month...few months...you get the picture...ay.{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Waiting for him to wake up again, not sure what I'll do other than run. I ran yesterday and did weights and my chest is soooooore! I hit it hard though so would have been ticked had it not been.{#emotions_dlg.sneaky}

I didn't feel like working out at all yesterday and almost didn't...then ended up having one of my best work-outs I've had in a while.

Think I'll run and do legs this morning...throw in some core. Wasn't going to run because of my foot but it's so darn nice out, at least it was earlier this morning.

Contributor

I took the dogs for a walk last night.

It's to hot for them to jog.

My dog Cloe wanted to run, but I told her no, last time she got to hot and the walk back looked hard on her.

She has a baby pool in the back yard, when we get home she goes out there and lays in it.

My other dog Kane won't get in, he doesn't like to be wet.

I'm still waiting on my T25 - Shakeology, it should be here tomorrow.

Later I will take a walk around the building here at work, and I have hand weights under my desk.

I also have a balance ball here too.