Honored Contributor

Re: Welcome to the October Exercise Thread

Good morning everyone.

@bopper, you sound like an ingenious cook as is @Laura14.  We all have some fails sometimes...it goes along with creativity.  I wish Laura14 would start up her cooking/nutrition thread again.  Good reading.

I almost faltered about going to my early Zumba class but glad I went.  For one thing, it kept me on my schedule but for the other, it’s always low in attendance, so I was needed.  For the first five minutes, I was the only one attending.  Finally, her total was four.  This happens often for this class.  I hesitate to come because it’s too early...others, I don’t know.  It could be because she doesn’t change her routine/playlist often.  It’s fine with me as long as she doesn’t sub for someone and do it.  But if she doesn’t get enough attendees, the class probably will be cancelled next spring when scheduling comes up.  Anyway, it was nice seeing that big smile on her face when I arrived.

Boy, do these Fridays come fast!  Senior Cardio this morning.  Probably no walking....done enough this week.

Hi, to everybody that’s MIA.  Have a great day.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie  You know I was wondering if there was any interest in that.  When I was cooking last weekend, I wondered if anyone wanted to see it not that I am a Master Chef.  And we do have a kitchen and recipe board I guess.  I did post my pumpkin bread there.

I also hate when no one shows up for a good class.  I was just talking about this with someone yesterday.  I don't go to the gym nearly as much as I used to because they cancelled all the classes I really enjoyed in favor of making more people attend the others and get a higher count.  I am done jockeying for a bike hence I bought my own.  But it's not the same.  

Fall has arrived!  I am in boots!  And I got up this morning and realized I have all my Fall clothes in storage.  LOL  So my exercise will be pulling it all out and packing away summer clothes.  Finally!  Although I did see some low 80s again in a few days.  Smiley Sad   I am NOT mowing my lawn anymore in 2018.  It's Halloween season if it gets that far.  Go with it.  Some people leave Christmas lights up.  I'm doing a higher grass count.  

My weighted blanket came yesterday.  I will update that thread with my experience.  I like it but it is heavy and I got the lighter one even though I wanted the 20 lb one.  Glad I did not.  I am not sure if my aches in my shoulders are from that or the workout yesterday or both.  I am leaning towards my weights from yesterday's class.   Got a really good nights sleep though.  Thumbs up for now. 

Have a great Friday! 

Respected Contributor

Hey everyone, it's so cold here, we are way below normal even for us this time of year.  Not a nice Fall at all.  My birdbath was frozen this morning, and it's only in the 30's outside.  I mean it's too told for cute fall clothes, need winter coats and hats and gloves...sigh...I know we can't have everything we want..LOL

Laura I'd be interested in your cooking tips and recipes.  What thread is the bread on?  I'm always on Pinterest looking, love cooking healthy as long as I can afford the ingredients  hahaha

Foxie I used to teach classes and before Holidays my class was almost empty, then after Holy Cow, full again.  I had to pay rent though so no people means out of my pocket so it was nice to have a full class and use some of that money to pay my rent for the building I was using.  The good old days for me for sure!  

My Tony Little boots came, and I LOVE them, so comfy, warm..  I will wear them a lot.  My first Cheeks too, and wides...Hooray!

Did 30 minutes on the Gazelle and a dog walk on the ever so wet trail.    I didn't wear the boots on the trail, it's too wet for them, wore my Sloggers...

Dr.Kelli it's cold there too isn't it?  Unusual for you guys.  

Judy how are your feet, hopefully resting them helps.

Nomless thinking of you!

Waving to ya all!

Honored Contributor

@bopper  The "gluten free/grain free pumpkin bread" is under the Recipes forum and right now it is the last thread on the first page.  The recipe and my modifications are in there.  

Respected Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@bopper  The "gluten free/grain free pumpkin bread" is under the Recipes forum and right now it is the last thread on the first page.  The recipe and my modifications are in there.  

Thank you Laura, will go look.  Always looking for healthy recipes!

Respected Contributor

Hey everyone, we took my 90 year old dad for a color ride and picnic today.  We were gone about 4 hours.  He really enjoyed it, even though while we were eating at the picnic table it was 39 degrees, but we made the most of our time together, and the leaves were falling like rain.  Kind of cool!

This morning I did Rosalies, TG workout Cardio Strength Intervals, and this evening I walked and got in all my steps, I really didn't think I would being we were sitting in the car for so long. 

Seems quiet here today, hopefully everyone is just enjoying their weekend!

Later kids!

Respected Contributor

@Laura14 I made some chocolate chip cookies with gluten free flour and why was the dough so metallic tasting, it was horrid.  My first time using gluten free flour and Laura it was terrible.  Why?   I always taste the dough and it was so metal tasting and I had to rinse my mouth.   I didn't know almond flour was gluten free like in your pumpkin bread.  I want to make that but need to get the almond flour.

Honored Contributor

@bopper I've never used gluten free. I just substitute something else. As long as the ingredient in the almond flour is just almonds, you should be good. Same with coconut flour. Read the ingredients and make sure they are as pure as they are supposed to be. Good luck!
Respected Contributor

Hey everyone, a rainy cold day, and I really haven't done much of anything, but it's all okay, need a day like that sometimes. 

My son bought a camp so we rode out to the camp with my dad, nice color ride up.  Then went to Meijers for a few things. 

Laura I saw the almond flour, only a 16oz bag and quite expensive, hubby said no..We can't afford it.   But thank you non the less.  I don't think I'll use the rest of the gluten free flour we have, it was so horrible.  Although Hubby said the cookies I made were okay, it's the dough that's metallic tasting, and I eat dough ( and yes I know I shouldn't)  LOL

I love Pumpkin bread, I want to make more.

Judy, MickD, Foxxie, Nomless, DrKelli, who am I forgetting, some MIA, still think of Lucy and some others. 

Have a good evening.

Honored Contributor

@bopper It is expensive that's why I ground my own. I actually just found a small bag for about $7 at a different store which is the cheapest I found so far. Definitely not an every day item.