Honored Contributor

Re: Welcome to the November Exercise Thread

@MickD, I’m with you, I like my plans to go my way.  Btw, I’ve been meaning to tell you that there’s a lady in one of my classes from time to time that has your hairdo from the back and I’ve thought of you often when I see her.  Hers is mixed gray and not as thick though.  But it’s that same beautiful shaping.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Good morning, all.  Well, it's supposed to snow here tomorrow.  I'm kind of glad I didn't sign up for the local Turkey Trot.  I used to do it every year (racewalking), but after my dad died, I started going to Arizona for Thanksgiving.  Last year, we went on a short cruise right before, so I didn't go to AZ and this year I decided not to go either.

Yesterday--not ONE person showed up to Zumba. I tried not to be too upset--I know it's before the holiday and I know classes traditionally get pretty light, but I look forward to dancing on Thursdays!

Today is just weight training.  I decided to revamp my December playlist.  After listening and practicing, I decided it did not flow well and there were WAY too many grapevine songs.  Also on my list is to file a claim with Pay Pal over something I purchased in July but have never received.  I hope it doesn't turn into a pain in the you know what.

Hope you all have a great day!

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli  I am so sorry!  Don't take it personally.  Everyone is leaving for the holidays right now.  I busted a move around lunch time in spirit (we have an awesome 70s/80s station around here) so put me down for one attendee and a Travolta finger point.    Smiley Happy  

Respected Contributor

Haha!  Thanks @Laura14.  I actually rounded up 3 of the trainers around the gym and we all did the Wobble!

Honored Contributor

Hi Everyone.  Checking in.  Surgery went well yesterday.  Glad its over.  Now to rest and take it easy for today.  My inserts for my shoes are in and I will pick them up on Tuesday.  Looking forward to doing some exercise after the Thanksgiving holiday to see if the inserts help.

Hope everyone has a good Friday.

Honored Contributor

@JudyL  Glad that is over and you are on the mend.  Stay well!  Heart

Honored Contributor

TGIF everyone!

@JudyL Sending prayers and healing thoughts your way!

@DrKelli Well, that sucks!  They'll all be a bunch of fatties!

@Mmsfoxxie Thanks for the style compliment!  I have no hair......and it's grey!  I pay for those dark roots and blonde highlights....hahaha!

No internet and YouTube problems solved for today.......

Ran 3.75mi/47min on the treadmill

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

@JudyL, glad everything went well with your surgery!  You're very brave!  Take your time getting back into activity.

@DrKelli, sorry about the no shows but not about the wobble, lol.  As I mentioned, due to snow yesterday, I didn't go to my Zumba class and besides enjoying it, I go because the instructor has low attendance every week and I don't want the class to be dropped.  I was told that she had three in attendance.  But that's almost her norm.  It can be anywhere from two to ten and they staggle in late.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

The group ex manager was really surprised too--she even told me "you've really got a nice little following!:  I'm sure it is just the time of year.

Here is a story that will let you know exactly who I am--when I came back on Tuesday (Monday was a holiday for us), someone had put two packages of coffee in the auto coffee machine--which makes it overflow.  We have told people to not do that--only use ONE of the prepackaged coffee packs.  I knew because the amount of coffee left in the filter was double what it is supposed to be.  But I didn't see any mess, so I thought they cleaned it up.  The woman in the office that kind of keeps track (as I do) of the stuff in the cupboards that needs restocking walks into my office with 2 completely ruined paper towel rolls--soaked with coffee.  She said--well at least they did their job (they were Bounty).  I told her what had happened and she put out an email to everyone in the office about one one package of coffee in the machine at a time (and what happens if you double it) and if a large coffee spill occurs, please let her or Kelli know.

I immediately fired off a reply all that said "OR if YOU cause it--YOU clean it up. There is no need to tell Jan or I".

Even the boss said "Hear! Hear!"  I've had 4 people stop me and say "Good for you.  I wanted to say it but I didn't have the ba**s". 

Comes from 25 plus years of being a safety manager.

Respected Contributor

Happy Friday, I got side tracked today when I started to post.   I did TG, about 45 minutes upper and lower body, and a trail walk.  I really don't like it's already dark out...ugggggg

DrKelli I remember having my class and had like 2 people...that didn't pay my rent either for the building I was renting to teach the class.  It got bad before the holidays so I had to plan in advance to have enough money to pay my rent.   It will pick up again though.

Judy glad that's over with and let the healing begin.   Your shoe inserts should also be a big help to you.  

Laura is your mom there now?  My dad turns 91 in a couple weeks, he just had a physical and they said nothing is wrong with him other than he's on a statin for his Chloresterol and a blood thinner for his heart but other than that and of course I have mentioned his eye sight is really really bad, he's doing okay.  I"m very blessed he's still with us.

foxxie do the Red Hatters have a Holiday get together or luncheon?  I feel like baking and I know I shouldn't.  I"ll eat it, and am trying hard not to eat ******.  Of course tomorrow a neighbor lady is having some ladies over for a pre holiday get together with of course cocktails and munchies.   I'm trying hard not to have any alcohol, or ****** food and how do you do that and not appear "weird" or rude....I'd be the only one drinking water and not eating......uggggggg

Any ways, guess I better clean up the kitchen.   Have nice evening everyone!