Respected Contributor

Re: Welcome to the November Exercise Thread

Bopper, I agree with Skylark.  Is your computer kind of old?  If so, it's likely that the battery can't recharge, but the computer should work fine when it's plugged in.  I have an old computer like that.  It's not worth replacing the battery, so I use it plugged in.

It's rainy and chilly today.  I washed all my summer clothes and put them away until ext year.  Autumn has arrived to stay I think.

Patty, are you lurking out there?  We sure miss you. I think of you and DH and DS and Lucy often and hope all are well.  I hope DS has improved. I've thought of DH a lot since the Paris attacks, wondering if his work has gotten crazy since then.  I pray that you're all OK.  Hugs to you.

Respected Contributor

Morning and Happy Wednesday, I'm awake very early for me.   I have to get groceries today and Chiropractor appt.  then hair appt. this afternoon.  It's raining hard too and very very windy...Tomorrow temps dropping to 30's...Tomorrow night I"m going downtown with a neighbor lady to "Ladies Night".  Specials throughout the stores and treats and sales...so it should be fun as long as the weather isn't terrible!

Nomless thank you for the computer info.  My laptop is probably only 2-3 years old but it's good to know even if the battery goes it will still work plugged in.

Put m son on a plane this morning very very early and feeling quite sad now..  Not sure when I'll see him again, maybe not till summer or next November...but am very blessed we have such a close relationship and he's always with me in my heart.

Wish it was light, I'd head to Walmart right now ...I don't like driving in the dark anymore so here I sit with my coffee ready to roll....oh well, I"m watching Joyce Meyers.  I really enjoy her.

Patty I"m with nomless, please come and post...everyone misses you!

Respected Contributor

Morning, it's gotten cold as predicted and still windy here.  Will still have my no excuses November and walk outside...

It's quiet over here, where is everyone?

Since I'm following myself here I really have no new news to report so I'll just say have a wonderful blessed day!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Bopper, I love the bluebirds.  

I bet you're missing DS today.  Hugs.u

I accepted a part-time job offer yesterday.  It's not my dream job - which I still haven't received any updates about. The good things about this job are it's only 2 blocks from my apt. and it's only 15-17 hours per week.  I'll still have time to pursue something else, and it will be a little income.  It may be a little difficult to get back on a schedule again, but it may keep me more on task with things like cleaning that need to done around here.

I start Dec. 1, so I still have a few free days ahead.

I've been a slug again this week re: workouts.  Guess I need a bit of a break.

I hope everyone is doing OK....that includes you, Cater.  WMN, have you tried the new Berkshire sheets yet?  I haven't.

Esteemed Contributor

nomless,congratulations on the job! Working close to home is huge in my book.  It does give you a lot of freedom to look for something else.  But who knows? You might not want something else after you're there awhile.  

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

Happy Friday, did 4 miles outside this morning.  It was 32 and windy but no Excuses November continues....then made my sons DB cake.

Nomless congrats on taking the job.   Being close to home has lots of advantages...your dream job may just be taking a little longer than you had hoped but keep the faith!

skylark hi, are you getting the cold now too!

Logan loves the cold but he has a thick coat.   

I enjoyed going downtown last night with my neighbor to Ladies Night and got a couple things crossed off my list.  Ate some cookies, I own it, I did...had thick frosting too...just putting it out there!   Hahah

Enjoy the rest of the day!

Esteemed Contributor

Hi everyone.  I think it's going to resemble Bopper's pretty picture of the tree around here tonight. Expecting 6-10! inches of snow through tonight and tomorrow.  Glad I don't have to go to work!  

Bopper you deserved those cookies you're a walkin', workout beast!!! I'm heading out with Angie before the white stuff hits.  She has a thick black and brown coat...she hates sweaters.  Sheltie Logan is well protected,too.

Nomless, Tony,Cater everyone....have a great weekend.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

We had a little snow yesterday evening, but it melted on contact.  Today is sunny, but chill, 29 degrees.  I guess winter is here, so I spent today laundering my winter wear, getting it ready to go.  I should toss some sweatshirts that are too big...but I like them, so back in the drawer they go.

I bet Ladies night was fun, Bopper.  Love the tree pic you posted.  Snow is so dang pretty, too bad it's such a hassle to deal with.

Skylark, I hope the snow doesn't cause problems for you.  Do the pups like the snow?  Hey, I just realized that both you and Bopper have pups named Logan!

Respected Contributor

Hi, it was a cold day but I managed 4 miles on my walk and another mile with Logan on the trail.  All the snow is falling south of here and it's fine by me!

nomless ladies night was fun .   We hit about 12 stores..I found some cashmere blend boot socks and a cute hat...was supposed to be buying gifts but sometimes I can't resisit buying myself a gift!   I did get 2 hats though and 2 pairs of socks so one person is done.

Skylark how was the snow near you?  I think it's pretty but I don't like driving in it at all.  Try and avoid it if possible.  I don't need anything that bad!

My son's BD was today.  I didn't see him though.  He's busy redoing a room at home for the new addition to their family but he did get his cake and gift from my hubby who took it town with him.

I put my small 3 ft. tree up on a table all decorated.  It's pretty.  I really don't have room for anything bigger without taking a chair out of the living room and I like the chair so this may be it for trees here.  We don't entertain, so it's just us and I"m good with it.

Tomorrow I am going to watch the release of 2 snowy owls at the golf course.  These are the owls I've been telling you about that were in the Raptor center being nursed back to health.   Not all of the owls made it but these 2 are well enough to be released.  It's open to the public so I'm walking to the golf course, only a mile there and a mile back and I'm going to witness 2 snowy owls being released.  I will probably never in my lifetime witness that so I'm excited...so pretty!

Well, I'm ready for bed ,   so have a good rest of your night.  Sweet Dreams my friend!

Respected Contributor

Hi everyone guess I should say good morning since it is 1:30am here and I am still here in this TV room. My thoughts are with you since your son had to fly out and leave his Mom again. Lord knows I have been in your shoes for many years and I hated the days my two would leave to go back to their jobs. I would take them to the airport each would be flying to different states come home get on the computer and watch their planes fly to the different states. I would not leave the table until each of them landed in the different parts of the US. I knew the plane routes by watching if it was going to take extra time by the way the planes were flying. It would crack them up when I would tell them their pilot took a different route from the last time they flew. Those plane watching years ended both of my children are back in the area working nearer to home. But it was a 20 some years of me watching Sky Tracker. Well ladies I hope the new job  works out for and that you all keep those bodies moving. I am here deciding what all we are going to be cooking for Thanksgiving and who all will be sitting around the table with us. Sure do miss Patty hoping and praying that she and her family are all right. Do worry and pray for her son I hope his health has improved.  all right Bopper, skylark, Nomless have a good day when you all wake up.