Respected Contributor

Re: Welcome to the November Exercise Thread

Happy Veterans Day everyone and giving so much thanks to all the men and women who serve our country and who have served as my dear 88 year old father did in WW2.  Bless their hearts!

I did all my errands this morning so didn't get in a regular walk but I came home and went with Logan, did 3 miles between the neighborhood and the trail.  Going again after lunch too.  It's nice again but today is the last day of nice for a couple days.  Appreciate today for sure!

Skylark I bought some of the Loreal BB Magic cream today so will try it.   I hope I like it.  I got the Medium shade.   ( what the heck did I hit here for this type)  Yikes...

Nomless I think your dream job is in your near future....crossing my fingers you get the interview you want too.   Nice to hear the collie walks well on the leash.  Today Logan was pulling my arm off..and barking for like a block....he's a handful!

whatsmyname I have all my leaves finally raked up;.   Would be nice if the neighbors would do their yard so they aren't blowing into mine!!!!

I don't know what to tell you about the spots, hoping someone can help.

Enjoy the day everyone!

Esteemed Contributor

Hello everyone.  Really windy and wild here last night and today. I think my Gazelle will be my eexercise today.  

Bopper hope you like the BB creme.  I use the light shade.  It goes on white but turns to the shade you bought.

I have 3 dogs here today. My two and our daughter's ,she had to go to Memphis on business. I'm surprised her flight got off this morning with this stormy weather.

Nomless,Tony, everyone here have a good active day!

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

Hi everyone, it is rainy and very dark and dreary today.  Was expecting it so no big surprise but I don't have to like it!   But that being said no excuses.  Dressed properly and walked over 3 miles in about 37 minutes so I was power walking!  Then after lunch I took Logan on the trail.  He doesn't mind the weather, he has a good thick coat on him now.  So over 4 miles.  Just did some on my Total Gym too.  I could have used my treadmill but I chose to go outside.  It's in the mid 40's so it's not cold.

Skylark I think I like the BB cream.  Didn't realize it went on looking white but then adjusts.  I do think it's only light coverage but I think it's buildable.  Nice for days you only want some light coverage though.  Glad you got your gazzelle workout in today.

I'm going back and forth about the TSV boots....I like the grey...I am on a grey thing now!

Nomless hope your day is going alright for you!

whatsmyname how are you doing today?

Make the most of your day!

Respected Contributor

Happy Friday!   Just getting the morning started sitting in my chair with my coffe watching the snowflakes gently falling...quite pretty outside!

Picking my son up at the airport this afternoon.  Hes only here for a few days but happy for the time we can spend together.

Will get my workout in, but not sure what I'm doing...

Have a good day all!

Respected Contributor

Hi, all.  Sorry I've been missing this week.  It's been kind of crazy, so I haven't posted.  Nor have I been doing workouts.  

No word about the dream job yet.  I suspect it will take several weeks for them to pare down the apps to those they want to interview.  

During the past weeks, I've revised my resume a few times, and it seems that I hit the sweet spot - I've gotten several inquiries this week....which is good,  I guess,  but hard to know how to proceed because of the dream job that might be waiting in the wings.  

I have an interview this morning for a job hat has a.number of things I like, but some things I don't.  No job is perfect.  The best thing about this one is it's about 2 blocks from my apt. - no commute time!  Yay.  I'd probably walk   

Need to go get ready...wishing everyone a good day.

Respected Contributor

Hi, it's a chilly sunny day here.  I walked this morning when it was 33 outside but I dress properly so did that and some weights.   Starting to get dark, I don't like this dark so early..

Nomless several things sound promising...that's great!  Maybe this week you'll hear back!

I don't have much going on here....had my 88 year old dad for dinner last night...He thoroughly enjoyed it.  I made Lasagna one of his favorites.

I'm watching Christmas movies right now and just relaxing.

Have a good rest of the night!

Esteemed Contributor

Hi everyone.  It's another 60 day here and yard work again. It's good to get out and move.  Dogs love it.

Bopper,did you have your Dad and your son there together?  If so, that's wonderful isn't it?  Wish my kids could have met my Dad, but he passed away when I was only 18.

Waving to everyone here,have a great day!!

Respected Contributor

Hi, all. I've been a slug, doing nothing. Oh, well.

Skylark, how nice that you still have warm weather. It's low 60s here too - great for November.

Bopper, I bet the lasagna was good. How nice your dad was able to enjoy it too. Know you're enjoying time with your son, even though it's brief.

I've been seeing so many Thanksgiving ads, I got hungry for turkey.   So I got a half turkey breast, yum.   I love turkey sandwiches with cranberry sauce is instead of mayo.   

Watching Q, news, and football this afternoon.  Happy Sunday to all.

Respected Contributor

Happy Monday, just came in from a 4 mile walk.  It's in the 30's but I wasn't cold.  Going to do Total Gym this afternoon.

Yes my dad and son were here together which is so special to me.   I watched football yesterday too.  Finally the Lions get a win and in Green Bay to boot!  Although both teams played very sloppy.

Nomless your  pretty techy so I have a question.  I use my laptop in my recliner always plugged in.   Why is it reading low battery and not charging when it's plugged it.  I got a note saying plug in, low battery....well it is plugged in!  I'm confused and another question.  It will continue to run through electricity won't it?

Have a great day everyone!

Esteemed Contributor

It's Monday again...the weeks are flying way to fast for me.  We're expecting a windy rainstorm but it's still in the 50s.  We had a little snow this time last year.

Bopper I AM NOT a techy like Nomless but my 5 year old Toshiba laptop does the same thing.  I think the battery is worn down for good but it runs plugged in fine. Just never think of it when I'm in Best Buy.

We're going for a long woods walk now.  I hope everyone has a nice productive day.

Shocked the Lions beat Packers but I loooved it.  Bears kicked butt too in St Louis.