Respected Contributor

Re: Welcome to the November Exercise Thread

Hey, I'm late, time got away from me.   I did a 4 mile walk today and it was lovely out about 60 so I'll take it for November.

Skylark that's right my Lions did win a couple weeks ago...I don't think I see it happening too often, worst team in the league.

Nomless please know I am still praying you find something and something you like.  It's out there it's just a matter of finding it.

I watched Dan Wheeler's wifes's funeral today live streaming it,,,it was beautiful and at the end Dan spoke and he was so full of faith, grace and love for her and his family...I hope we all learn something from this and hold our loved ones closely by us.

Tomorrow is my errand running day so will be out in the morning, but hope to get something in later...

Good Night!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Hey, I'm following myself,,,,yikes it's slow over here.   I did a 4 mile walk today and then had to go to town and run my errands....saw a fox on the trail and Logan wanted to chase after it but he listened to me and came back when I yelled at him.

It's about 50 here today, snow and rain mix by Friday though.

Not much else going on here, so have a nice evening.

Respected Contributor

Hi, everyone.  I've been a slug this week with no workouts.  Yesterday I did some shopping, though, so I spent a bit of time walking around the stores.  Not a workout, but at least I was moving.

My interview went OK on Tuesday, but like the last job, the job differs from what was posted in the job description.  It turned out I was not interested so I withdrew my name from consideration.  That's OK....I'm thankful that for now I can keep looking for a job I will like, rather than being forced to take whatever I can get.  That time may come, but for now, I'm holding out for a fun job.

Yesterday I learned of a new tech center that's opening here that will have many PCs, Macs, tablets, printers, 3D printers(!) available to community at no charge.  They'll also teach new users how to use these gizmos.  I love doing that sort of thing, and I'm good at it.  I checked to see if they have jobs, but it's volunteer only. Darn.  I might end up volunteering there, but I wish there were some paid positions, too. 

We've been in the low 70's for much of this week.  It's been lovely!

Wishing everyone a happy day.

Respected Contributor

Hi, it's a beautiful day here today.  62 degrees but it's very very windy.  Leaves are blowing everywhere and we just raked!  

I walked this morning about 4 miles and then met my neighbor and we walked the dogs together.  Logan is alright with her dog but he isn't when a car goes by or he sees someone in their driveway, then he gets all worked up.

Nomless I don't blame you for turning dow a position you won't like.  You have to be comfortable and you have to like it....I still think something will appear to you.  It's to bad that computer place doesnt' have a paying position.  I wonder if you volunteered if something would come up because of that position.

Well I better get to laundry and vacuuming...have a good day!

Respected Contributor

I got in gear and did 50 min cardio today.  Bopper, you put me To shame.  Good job doing 4+ miles.  A guy was fixing the bike when I arrived....I told the apt. manager it was broken about 6 months ago!  When done, I stopped in to thank manager for getting it fixed, and she said they're thinking of tossing it because no one uses it.   Yeah.....because it's broken!!  Geezo.

Sat. a new tech center is openimg here that will have computers, tablets, printers, 3D printers available for public use at no charge.  Users can also get training on how to use them at no charge.  I would love a job there, but there are no positipns openr.  It's a project of the library and will be staffed with library employees (I guess).  I signed up to volunteer and will start that next week.  Should be fun.

Regular Contributor

Hi!

We have had high 60's and 70 this week. Just so nice! Walking on my backroads looks like you first picture, bopper. The leaves have covered the roads and so it looks like trails in the woods. Really nice walking weather.

Bopper- I'm glad KC won. I felt so bad, again, for your Tigers. poor Mr. Stafford, he does not seem to get much help.

Nomless, I am sorry your job search is taking longer than you had hoped. but bopper and I know you will find the job.

I really have so little to say- I've been walking, working and all the usual stuff of life. I have no complaints.

I am enjoying the weather- so glad it is not cold and all that goes with it!

Smile!

Respected Contributor

Thanks, Tony!  It's great you have nice weather to enjoy and lots of pretty trees.  Enjoy your walks.

Respected Contributor

Happy Friday everyone,  I did another 4 miles today and will take Logan to the trail in about 30 minutes...It's much colder today and windy but if you dress right your good.  We in the mid 40's today.  Our normal for now is about 41 so we're right where we should be.  I did hear we may not get any snow until the end of the month and that works for me!

Nomless If the workout center is getting rid of the bike I just wondered if they are tossing it at some point would they considering giving it to you?  I mean if there throwing it in the junk, why not give it to you.  Maybe you can find what it needs to keep it working.  Is it working now that the man was fixing it?   I think you will like the library volunteer job and maybe it will lead to something else.  Your good at that stuff, I am terrible at it. 

Tony our Lions are so bad Smiley Sad     Tigers weren't much better this year.  Glad your enjoying your warmer weather to an getting out on your walks....So love fall.   Our trees are all bare now here, so it looks kind of gloomy.  Sounds like your plugging along like the rest of us.  That's all we can ask, and we are grateful for each day right?

Diva, cater, whatsmyname, are you all here?

Patti we would love to have a vist from you if your reading.

Okie dokie, Im pretty uneventful too so I bid you farewell.  Enjoy the day, it's truly a gift!

Respected Contributor

Happy Saturday, I want for a 4 mile walk today and it was cold and windy.  In the 30's but no excuses right!   The sun is coming out now but still cold.  Well I think we are up to 40.

What's going on here as it's pretty quiet!  

Not much else going on here for me except the usual house chores...

Hoping to see more posts...enjoy the day!

Respected Contributor

Hi, Bopper, you've been so good getting in 4 miles a day plus other stuff. How many steps?  I bet you're exceeding your 10k goal.

That's a good idea about the bike, but I don't have space for it, and as temperamental as it is, it would probably be expensive to keep it I n working order. Thanks for the suggestion though.

It's sunny today, about 60 degrees, so I decided to walk outside for 30 min.  Oh, my, that's lots harder than doing the treadmill!  I don't have a nice place to walk - it's mostly parking lots and grass (no sidewalk and too much traffic on the street).  Many hills and uneven terrain. I'm sure it's a better workout than the treadmill as lots of muscles at play on the hiils and keeping balance on the terrain.  I should keep at it while the weather is nice, I know it would be good for me.  

Happy weekend to all.