Valued Contributor

Re: Welcome to the May Exercise Thread

Morning!  We're in the 40's again this morning, love it!  We didn't get out of the 50's yesterday so it was a perfect spring day to run errands...even if I got lost driving home...lol!  What a wild goose chase that was!

nomless...I hope something new pops up..and you meet your goal at the doctor's office!  I've lost a little on this stupid Mast Cell diet..but when you can only eat 5 foods, how could you not! Smiley Tongue  DH is still searching even though a couple are looking promising.  He was just invited back from the interview he went to last week.  Not where I want him to work though, he needs something less stressful, less travel, etc.  He's done that for over 30 years, it's time for a normal 8 to 5 job now for his retirement. 

Mssfoxxie...hope you had a better night!  I had a rough 2 years with being on the steroids and menopause...got up at 2:30 some mornings but have found out that that's part of the Mast Cell disorder too.  It's called the Mast Cell Dump. I've been sleeping like a log though with these allergies bothering me...even slept until 6 a few mornings which I hate, feel like half the day is over. My body never required much sleep before so I hope that isn't changing. 

bopper...you were warmer than us but not by much. Glad your dad is doing okay, those darn meds have so many side-effects.  And people wonder why I don't want to take anything, I swear they can cause more than they help. Even the doctor said the meds ds are on will eventuall kill you if the disease doesn't.  Ugh. 

MickD...did you ever say what you did to your foot?  How you hurt it.  Please forgive me if you did, my memory is awful anymore...which I've also found out is part of this illness.

Dr.Kelli...how are you feeling? 

Reformer seems fine but dh said he pushed on that spot he thought was raised a little.  Who knows..it was so weird...you know how you can't figure something out and think you have to be missing something?  It was like someone was holding it up or had to be hung-up on something but nothing was there! 

I sliced my thumb yesterday cutting up a new watermelon(that wasn't good), I think it bled for 4-hours and I'm not exaggerating.  I even sat on the couch scrolling fb while putting pressure on it for 30-minutes and it still wouldn't stop! Got some fresh-fish at Wegman's and it all stuck to the pan and fell apart...and had bones. 

OH!  Hahaha....some guy screamed at me and said I'm F----n stupid" at the Post Office Tuesday morning...haha!  Because I parked in a parking stall he wanted to drive through...you kwim, they have double parking stalls facing each other. He was reading something in his car in front of me when I pulled in. I let it go, thought maybe he was really going through something bad...you just never know.  Plus he screamed like a maniac so I wasn't going to throw-down with crazy and get shot...ay.

My foot is hurting a little again from Barre...felt better after taking a week off of it.  I love it but that tippy-toe stuff really bothers the tendonitis in my foot. I did do some calf raises too so that probably didn't help.  And treadmill...ugh...tree pollen is still "HIGH".

Valued Contributor

Forgot...bopper...the dog is Duffer...he popped up as a Westie but found out they just say that because some people think he is. I thought he looked dark to be a Westie...they say he's a Westie-wanna-be...lol. I think they live by a red light-house, or walk there a lot...it's in lots of pictures anyway.

While I'm here again...haha...nomless, did you say you love the "My Pillows"?  Remember I said dh loves his but I couldn't use it?  Well, I was having terrible neck crinks so got mine out to try again and now I love it! I really think there is a bit of a learning curve with it. 

Oh...and dh had his Cardiac Stress Test on Monday.  They couldn't get his heart-rate up again, even had to elevate the treadmill and have him sprint...they said normally just elevating the treadmill and speeding it up "some" works even for athletes. So...they said his heart-rate may be too low...something about one of his sinus rthyms goes down instead of up or something like that.  Anyway, the Cardiologist was going to look everything over and call him back by Monday or Tuesday.

Okay...time to hit the treadmill. I have people coming at 8:30. If I forgot anything else, too bad! Smiley Tongue 

Honored Contributor

Hello, everybody.  Woke up to rain as predicted, light to moderate and it's supposed to be all day with a HIGH of 49.  Yesterday got to 53.  Could be much worse.

We have a new summer schedule at the fitness center and most things didn't change timewise but there are some additions.  This morning, there is the addition of another Zumba class, which is great.  It's at 8:15 am....not great.  I'd have to leave the house by 7:50 which means I need to eat by 7:00 which is early for me.  

I like waking up early...usually 5:30, laying around with the tv and iPad, go get my coffe, come back to bed and just relax doing nothing.  This is the best thing about retirement.  No get up and rush five days a week.  For 25 years I was up and out of the house by 6:30 to 6:45, dark in the wintertime.

I might go this morning.  My body hasn't told me yet, lol.  Thursday's schedule doesn't have much I like, though, so with that in mind, I might unlazy myself and go.

@Iluvlucy Be careful out there, crazy is very popular these days and everybody has a gun and a temper.  One of the new normals.

Oh, boy.  It's 7:00 and I'm still sitting here.  Guess I won't be there doing Zumba at 8:15, lol.

Enjoy your day everyone.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Lucy, yes, I'missed the MyPillow fan. But, this is weird, I have to switch it out now and then. I'll use it for weeks, then suddenly it's not right and I switch to a latex pillow for awhile. Then I don'the like the latex and back I go to MyPillow. Glad you're liking it now. Remember that it can go in the dryer for superfluffing if shaking it doesn'the get the job done. Hope DH's heart is ok. You guys don'the need another thing to worry about.

Foxxie, I'm like you....I get up early, but I need lots of time to sit around doing nothing before I get going. I'm not good with early workouts, either. 

DrKelli, are you feeling better? Hope so.

Hi, Mick and Bopper, have a good day.

Gosh, HSN shipping is getting to be as slow as Q. My necklace hasn't shipped yet. In the past, they usually got things out the door quickly.

Respected Contributor

Hi all!  I'm feeling much better.  I haven't taken cold meds since Monday and no cough syrup last night.  I still have cement snot, but that seems to be decreasing too.

Foxxie and nomless--I do not like early workouts either.  I get up at 4:45 to get ready for work and I used to get up at 4 to get a work out in at my previous company (H*LL).  I was so thrilled that this company paid for most of a gym membership and actually encourages you to use it.

Lucy--I hope that your husband is doing okay now.  I had the same thing happen on a stress test.  My resting heart rate is so low that my heart rate monitor I wear at the gym can't even pick it up until I get my heart rate up!  Plus I have PVCs, so that doesn't help.

I didn't work out yesterday because a--it was raining and I've been sick and didn't want to walk 6 blocks to the gym in it and b--I was in the middle of a big project that I just wanted to get done.

Today is Zumba and I am supposed to do the warmup, but because I was sick most of last week and most of the weekend, I really didn't practice.  I think I have the routine memorized, but that is a lot different than doing it in front of class.

Have a wonderful day--I hope the weather has improved for most of you.  It is supposed to be 70 today and almost 80 tomorrow.  Yay!

Respected Contributor

Happy Thursday everyone, it was sunny when I got up so I walked 3 miles and then came back and did 35 minutes on the reformer.  Now just having some lunch, watching Y&R and will start some vacuuming in a bit.  Looking like rain now but they said it was moving in so glad I got my walk in first.

Lucy I know the dog now!  It didn't click with me when you said that but yes I know the family actually.   My SIL is very good friends with them.  Little Duffer is really a cutie isn't he?   Glad you are liking your pillow again, I ended up sending mine back.  Hope DH's stress test comes out okay, his HR is very low as it yours.  How did DS make out with the last infusion?

Nomless I also need to be quiet when I get up, take it slow and enjoy my coffee, check FB etc.   Hope your necklace comes soon, my Teeter gizmo took 2 weeks to get here from HSN.  And I couldn't track it, it never updated.

Dr.Kelli hope your warmup for the class goes alright for you.   You really did have to get up early... Yikes

Foxxie Hope you are having a good day too.

MickD you cleaning machine!   Take some me time too!

Okie kids, have a great day!

Respected Contributor

Well, you all will be happy to know that I did not have any major screw ups in the warm up!  I did need some work on my pre-cues though, but the instructor told me that they actually got better the longer the song went on, so Yay me.

I really felt it by the end of class though--I was exhausted by the time I finished, so I guess I'm not yet 100%. Boo.

I'm off to the dentist for my cleaning this afternoon and it is torture for me because my teeth are so sensitive.  I use those Crest Sensi strips and they do work pretty well, but I bolster that with 4 advil before I go.

I'm on the downside of the week and I'm happy about that.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yay, DrKelli, that your spng/routine went well. And it'seems such a relief to get teeth cleaning out of the way. I think we all dread it. 

Enjoy your evening with all the hard stuff out of the way. Get some rest.

A happy note here, too. My foot is still OK, not hurting. Whatever the podiatrist did seems to have eliminated the problem. I didn't expect that...I thought it would be better, but would take more time to heal. But it seems to be fixed. Yay!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Happy wet Friday!  Pouring here, said we could get 2" today.  I sure hope it washes away some of that pollen.  Woke up to a clean house from top to bottom, love that feeling!

My Fitbit went wonkie for a couple of days...when we were in PA, I looked down at it after the game and it was dead, no charger with me so I didn't wear it all week.  Charged it when we got home and the time was way off...and it wasn't registering on my phone.  I had over 38,000 steps in and it was saying 386 steps on my dashboard. Then it went blank and said it had to "recalculate" and update...then it worked.  But yesterday when I did the treadmill I was at 5.3 miles and still only 9100 steps, I know that isn't right.

But my reformer is working for now anyway.  I even tried to get it to stick yesterday and it wouldn't...so weird.  Did a lot of handstands and hanging dips so I can feel it today.

We've always been early-risers, I used to get up at 3:30 to run and ds had 5 a.m. practice for years when I worked so that was chaotic.  DH has always had to be up early for work, as did I, some years 3:30 or 4:30 and we've never been the type to be in bed by 9 because we get up so early.  That's why I'm saying if he didn't have to be to work until 8 or 9, and get off at 5, it would be a break for him.  He said that snow day he didn't have to be to work until 9 was so nice...he had coffee, watched the news, worked-out, shoveled our driveway and the neighbors with me. Sure is a lot different when you have to be up before 5 just to get to work and put in 10+ hours.  Really hope he can find that for his next career.

Horrible flooding down south, they said at least 5 deaths. Smiley Sad

Trying to decide if I want to drive to the gym.  Can't handle the heat there plus if we have thunder, I have to be here for Lucy as she freaks out. I ran 4.5 without stopping yesterday and walked a mile cool-down...so may just do the rower and bike today with some yoga and pilates. 

Waving to everyone...hope you all have a great day!  I can't remember who said what so I'm not answering anyone..lol!

Valued Contributor

And thank-you for the well wishes for DH.  I always forget something and don't want to appear ungrateful because that certainly isn't the case.  We're guessing if it was anything bad, they would have called him by now even though they said Monday or Tuesday.

bopper, where did you say you go on here if you want to see what everyone has said?  I don't see it.  And, yes, he is cute...kind of reminded me of Zoe in the face even though she was much smaller.  Small world!  I have a few ladies that live up your way too in my running group. 

Okay...I think I'm off for good now.  Nope, I'm not..haha...nomless, yes, I throw them in the dryer every week when I wash our bedding.  I can't use latex, I'd be in the ER...now you have me worried saying that as I didn't know there was latex in pillows! 

Oh boy, I see another in-flight incident has occured.  Smiley Mad