Respected Contributor

Welcome to the March Exercise Thread

Welcome to March!!

Image may contain: table, plant and indoor

Honored Contributor

Re: Welcome to the March Exercise Thread

Good morning!  Oh, what a beautiful, inviting picture!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Hey Foxxie, I loved that picture too.  We can all gather around the table for coffee, who's in? Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Wow, The Biggest Loser trainer had a heart attack?  More than enough exercising and I assume he did clean, healthy eating.  Perhaps he had a lot of stress and bad genes.  One never knows.  

I remember years ago there was a man who had a health clinic named Pritikin who dropped dead from a heart attack.  He ate just enough to live and it was all, imo, nasty.  He literally ate to live, not lived to eat like most of us.  His father had died from an early heart attack, too.  

It has to be a certain level of 'taste good' for me in the long run.  I can eat healthy tasteless food for a few months but I always stop for a break.....like right now.  

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Valued Contributor

Hi everyone...can't believe it's March already!  Getting ready to head out with dh.  Yesterday was cooler and overcast so I took advantage of it...got my highest exercise miles in since we've been here..and have the pictures to prove it...haha.  I went early with Lucy, then by myself, then met up with Beth, then went again yesterday afternoon with my other gf and did a long one.  My feet were aching last night!

Her husband made it to NY...58 hours of flying.  She got to go meet him at the airport for 3 hours....then they are trying to have him come home for good after the funeral since he was supposed to be back in April anyway.  It's harder when you're higher ranking as they have to get a replacement. 

I got my Pilates box and pole yesterday so had to do another work-out(had already worked out in the morning) to play with that...I love it.  I had seen an exercise I wanted to do but needed a foot strap so was going to try and find one...well a foot strap came with the box so I was happy about that and glad I didn't order it.

Hope everyone is doing well and has a nice day....dh is ready to roll! 

Honored Contributor

Fifty eight hours of flying @Iluvlucy!  No way for me to do that.  I'm trying to decide to go to Hawaii where one of my sons lives.  That's eight hours but it's hard to get a direct flight so two flights together might be ten or twelve hours.  So glad that he made it safely.

I see that the February thread is still being used but since I posted on the March thread yesterday, I'll stick with this one.

I had a good workout day yesterday...walking, cardio and strength.  I don't understand this Fitbit, though.  Sunday, for instance.  I had a little over 11,000 points done in the house. In place walking, arm movements and regularly going up and down stairs doing daily routine.  No stairs indicated on the Fitbit.  Don't get it.  Yesterday, my workout showed 14 stairs with a little over 12,000 points.  No big deal but sometimes I just want to rationalize things in my head.

This looks like a good day ahead for me.  Hope yours is, too.

Respected Contributor

Apparently bad genes explains Harper's heart attack, at least in part.

Lucy, yay that he got home. What a long, awful trip. 

Bopper, I love the tulips...my fave.

Valued Contributor

Happy Hump Day!   I read the same thing nomless...also a doctor was in the gym and did CPR on him right away which possibly saved his life.  Mmsfoxxie, my gf is doing Zumba too, she loves it. 

Remember my gf in Va Beach that I begged to go to CF with me and she fell in love with it and even does the CF Open??...well, she has been training with a coach to do a Triathalon this month.  She broke her foot yesterday leaving the gym..how disappointing after all that hard work.  And her mom, also my friend, was taken by ambulance for pneumonia AND the flu(throwing up)...so they had a rough day. 

I've been doing bedsheets and stuff this morning...we're going out of town for a race(5K) this weekend so I'm trying to get everything done..also going to Richmond next week so we'll be busy.  I did taxes yesterday afternoon so got that checked off..woo-hoo! 

My gf wants me to go to lunch with her later and I'm going to Barre class this morning so I had to hit the ground running.  Still not sure how I'm going to make it all work, might have to meet her out in town.

Hope everyone has a great day! 

Respected Contributor

Morning, March is coming in like a Lion here this morning, snowing and blowing and slippery roads.  Canceling my Chiro appt. this morning too.  

I posted in February yesterday, glad to see the early posts in our new month!

My DIL is heading to Florida this morning with the girls, my son is staying home, working and doing some remodeling in their house but I'm not sure she'll get out on the plane on time, I saw delays..that would not be good with a 1 year old being delayed.  But it is what it is and my DIL is very calm so she'll be fine.

Lucy I hope you have a good time at the 5k and on your trip to Richmond.   What a blow your friend had breaking her foot, how disappointint she must be and then her mother's illness....my DIL said the hospital is filled with  so many sick people and even weird things she said.  

Nomless Bob Harper was interviewed on the Today Show from his house, says he is very very lucky to be alive.   What a huge wake up call,  appearance isn't everything, it's what's inside we can't see that can change out lives.

Foxxie I  have a friend who teaches Zumba and she said it's a blast, the classes are always full.   Hope you had fun!

Well since I"m not going into town I'll get my workout going in a bit here, finishing my coffee and need to eat something.  

Have a great day everyone!

Honored Contributor

Did 2.5 mi/33.5 min on the treadmill.....cleaning the grout is killing me....really needed the run!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G