Appreciate the post,

Image result for thank you images

Respected Contributor

Re: 17 "Truths" About Cancer

Fascinating attachment Lola.  Thanks for sharing- wishing You perfect health 🌸

Honored Contributor

#10 IS WRONG

Heart disease is the leading cause of death for women in the United States, killing 289,758 women in 2013—that's about 1 in every 4 female deaths. Although heart disease is sometimes thought of as a "man's disease," around the same number of women and men die each year of heart disease in the United States.Jun 16, 2016
Women and Heart Disease Fact Sheet|Data & Statistics|DHDSP|CDC

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

The "info"graphic in the OP is from an unreliable pseudoscience site. (Ty Bollinger quack quack)

Take it with a HUGE grain of salt.

Trusted Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

#10 IS WRONG

Heart disease is the leading cause of death for women in the United States, killing 289,758 women in 2013—that's about 1 in every 4 female deaths. Although heart disease is sometimes thought of as a "man's disease," around the same number of women and men die each year of heart disease in the United States.Jun 16, 2016

You are correct that the leading cause of death for women is heart diease.  But #10 talks about which type of cancer kills more woman.  Not which disease kills more.  I had to read that twice myself to pick up on it.

Regular Contributor

@vickie25 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

#10 IS WRONG

You are correct that the leading cause of death for women is heart diease.  But #10 talks about which type of cancer kills more woman.  Not which disease kills more.  I had to read that twice myself to pick up on it.

It's a sketchy website and #10 is incorrect:

Fact:  "Lung cancer is by far the leading cause of cancer death among both men and women..."

https://www.cancer.org/cancer/non-small-cell-lung-cancer/about/key-statistics.html

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

If poster pitdakota signs in her opinion on the info in the graphic would be interesting to read. Or any other medical professional.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@OceanDreamer wrote:

If poster pitdakota signs in her opinion on the info in the graphic would be interesting to read. Or any other medical professional.

Hi @OceanDreamer, I haven't been on the board for a while and just signed on to see the notification for this post.  Thanks for thinking of me!

There is quite a bit of confusing information in the graphic.  First and foremost, when we look at and compare mortality rates, we look at mortality rates overall and then separate them into gender and ethnicity. 

As far as the leading cause of cancer death in women....for women of all major ethnicities in the US combined with the exception of Hispanic women, it is lung cancer.

Breast cancer is the most common cancer diagnosed in women, but the leading cause of cancer death in women would be lung cancer. 

Here is a source for mortality rates in women per the CDC (the CDC compiles and report morality rates for the US):

https://www.cdc.gov/cancer/dcpc/data/women.htm

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Respected Contributor

Thank you @pitdakota for your comments and the link. My sister was diagnosed with breast cancer a few weeks ago and is now recovering from surgery. She has an aggressive form of cancer that her doctors said has not spread. She will undergo further treatment soon. I'm already terrified and seeing #10 on this chart threw me into total panic. I appreciate your wisdom and clarification and that of others on this subject.