Valued Contributor

Re: Welcome to the June Exercise Thread

Good Afternoon! I went to go to the gym today, and I couldn't even find a parking spot!! I left and went back an hour later, and it was tolerable. One spot left to park!{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

I did my usual cardio/lower body today, but since I had to search for a spot, I stayed and did another 1/2 of cardio. It is starting to get very, very humid here.

My son just started a job at the beach. Now, I get to pick him up and walk along the beach while I wait. I love the ocean. It just takes my breath away. Really, is there anything more beautiful?{#emotions_dlg.wub}{#emotions_dlg.tt1}{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Bopper- 21 Day Cardio Fix-sounds like a good workout. Can you give us more details? Is that a special program at your gym? I have a few different places by my gym that I see women doing intense programs. I'm forgetting the names of the places- they are popular...

PpprMintPatty- 20 miles!!! I think I may call you the Bionic Woman! I'm sure you would give her a run(no pun intended) for her money!!!

MickD- I love walking in the trails. I placed a memorial at the end of a trail that leads to the water. I walked in there (2 miles each way) almost everyday last year. I always took my dog with me. Unfortunately, my dog got lyme disease from the deer in the park. I don't take him anymore, and I miss my peaceful walks. Maybe, I'll venture in there tomorrow. You inspired meSmile

I planted flowers a few weeks ago at the memorial for my family member, so I need to check on them. My son walks in there often. It is so therapeutic to smell the fresh air and smell the flowers/shrubs/trees. Enjoy your runs/walks!

Frequent Contributor

Silly silly me. I figured it out after watching the video of rosalie's presentation. You can't remove the pulley when the board is in the down position, you have to pull the board up towards the top of machine. Now why couldn't i figure that out. Geesh :-)

Honored Contributor

Hi! Did another day on the trail....just under 30 min.....was just happy to get out again....thighs are hurting, but that's okay. Vonlam - my total gym is being shipped.... mtn - sorry to hear about your fur- baby....how devastating.....
Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

50 min cardio done. Von, glad you figured it out. Mtn, so sorry about your pup. Mick, good job!
Valued Contributor

Morning!

Mtnbikegirl...my son used to have open-water swim at the beach in LaJolla CA. It was beautiful there. I love the beach too and have spent a lot of time there this week.

Lucy and I did the trails on Tuesday and I found a tick in the room after! Sorry about your pup.

I did a good upper-body work-out at the gym yesterday...went from set to set without resting. Did some elliptical and walked a few miles.

Walked Lucy this morning and know I'll do legs at the gym...it's going to be a rainy day so not sure what else the day holds. Dh left for Chicago so Lucy and I are on our own for a couple of days. I know we'll find something. I might tour one of the mansions this afternoon.

Valued Contributor

Good Morning PpprMintPatty- I bet the California beaches are gorgeous! I've been scheduled to go to Cali a few times, and my plans always got cancelled. One day, I will get there-real soon (hopefully)

TICKS-ugh, right! I wish we could figure something out to safely control them. I know guinea hens are great at eating them up, but they have a lot of predators.

Thanks everyone, for your kinds thoughts on my pup! The vet gave him doxycycline. I have to bring him back for a blood work up when he's finished with the prescription. The ticks are so tiny, it's difficult to spot them.

Be careful everyone. I suppose we all have crazy critters to deal with depending on what part of the country you live in.

Off to the gym on this rainy morning! Hopefully, no ticks there!{#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Respected Contributor

Hey all, it's beautiful here today and only in the 60's but I love it. We have a lot of tick here too and mosquito's are horrible. Everyone is talking about the bugs...

mtnbikegirl so sorry about your pup.....the 21 day fix is a Beach Body program

http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/21-day-fix-simple-fitness-eating.do

Pppmint hoping you and Lucy can have fun while DH is gone a couple days. Touring a mansion would be right up my alley.

nomless good job on the cardio..

MickD TG being shipped,,great news...

von glad you figured that out...We all do silly things..

OK all I am starving so heading to the kitchen to see what I can find..

Honored Contributor

Hi~ I am taking a rest day...the front part of my thighs are killlllllllling me today, and I'm pooped! We have tick problems here too.....just from my dogs rummaging in bushes off of the sidewalk...I am finding a tick every other day on my carpet...yuck. Thank goodness for frontline that stuff works awesome. I would never be able to see a tick on my black flat coated retriever. She is now fixated on anything that looks like a tick...too funny!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

The new Collage site is up. Woo-hoo!!! But now located in NJ. As I recall, it previously was in MN. Site doesn't appear complete yet, lots of trainers are missing, but it's a start.

Click here to go to page.

Their FB page says they'll be adding content and features for the next month or so. What we see now is far from complete.

A post says Collage was taken over by Bayview Entertainment, which has done a lot of exercise DVDs.

It looks like nearly everything is on sale. Code FB15 takes 15% off your first order.

---------------

New topic: I got Katami's new 4x4 program so I'm hoping that tonight I can do the first workout. His program is 4-months long. I might do my cardio days as usual and the Katami program on weight days. Hmmm....

Respected Contributor

Hi, all!! What a week! I've been so darn busy, but what else is new?? Let's see, yesterday I lifted for a hour then walked a few miles. It was so stinking hot outside!! And it's only June. :-/ This morning I did spin, and did lots of up and down the stairs and out running errands -- we have company the next few days. Tomorrow I won't do a traditional WO, but my brother just bought a house, so I'm going to help him paint during the day -- that'll be workout enough for me -- I'm sore all over from my WO's this week. Saturday will be spin and a bridal shower. Not sure what else. Then I'll have to clean up and do sheets and stuff when company leaves Sunday. Maybe I'll get a nap Sunday afternoon. Smiley Wink Ok, sorry I can't post yo each of you, but I've got to run -- they will be here in less than an hour, and I've got to finish dinner! Adios, and have a great weekend if I don't "see" you all. Stay cool!!