Respected Contributor

Welcome to the June Exercise Thread

Valued Contributor

Re: Welcome to the June Exercise Thread

Good morning!!! It's a beautiful day here, Lucy and I already walked all along the water-front.

We had such a nice day yesterday, we did over 16 miles and did some pretty intense rock-climbing...looked for sea-glass, not as much as there used to be. I did legs at the gym, will do upper today.

We're going biking today and I want to run Cliff-Walk. We'll stop with the bikes to look for sea-glass again...my husband is addicted to it, he's worse than I am. Lucy makes it hard, it's like having a toddler. She's eating sea weed, dead carcasses, rocks, etc., and she climbs up the rocks like a billy goat so she'll just try and take off on her own..also wants to get in the water.

Thanks for starting it off again bopper!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} Today is our first girl's birthday, she was such a good dog...the ol' red mutt. Hard to believe she's been gone for 12 years. My son still can't talk about her, he didn't know life without her, I got her when I was pregnant and she lived for 15 years and was "his" dog...so that was a tough one for him.

Waving to everyone!

Respected Contributor

Cardio done. Happy Sunday!
Respected Contributor

Hey all, got nothin,,,,,,,,stiff neck and headache...humid here today. Yesterday had 3 grad parties to go to and it was 87. Not used to that here yet. Lake is still full of ice....pretty bizarre and the life guards are not worrying about the dummies trying to swim in between the ice burgs..all we need is a wind switch and instant AC {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Your welcome Pppmint. Sounds like a very fun time you are having... That Lucy , can't take your eyes off her for a moment or she will be eating something.

Nomless good Job!

Waving to all!

Valued Contributor

Morning! Beautiful out again.

Biked 14, ran/walked 7+ yesterday. Beautiful ride through town and out around Ocean Drive and Ft. Adams St. Park.

Lucy and I did 2 miles along the waterfront this morning and I already have my running route mapped out.

They said most everyone is checking out today so I might have the pool to myself. Also have to do a little shopping.

Hope everyone has a great day.

ETA: Yikes, I really need to read what I've typed before I hit submit!{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Respected Contributor

Morning, super humid outside and inside...70% humidity in the house is not good and 77 temp inside too..yuck...

Did 2 miles of fast walking on the treadmill, then did a challenge I am in and Total Gym upper body and ab crunch..

Pppmint sounds like a beautiful area and you covered a lot of ground yesterday.

We had storms late last night and it got very windy but we didn't lose power until it was over...it was super calm and our power went out...so that was strange...and it's very dark and calling for more rain today.

Waving to everyone...I am drenched...

Valued Contributor

Well, I had enough exercise this morning to last me the week! I went to the gym first and did some upper body weights, went heavy and pushed it, arms were spent...did the squats and headed out, route all mapped out, plan under way.

Until there was a wrench thrown in. I was already miles into it and found part of my route was closed off for construction. Nothing I could do but go around and back down again to get back onto the walk. I could have(and should have) turned around then and gone home but I felt like I came all that way, I was going to do what I set out to do...even if it killed me. And there were about 2 miles where I thought that might be exactly what happens.

So I've done 16 miles on foot already and the day is young. But for right now, I'm pooped and going to recover. My feet are killing me!

Valued Contributor

Love the sparkles for the thread opening! June is pretty sparkly with the sunshine{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Did my regular regime the last couple of days. Been real busy driving the kids all around-from here to there- and everywhere!!

Have a great night!

Beautiful weather here. Enjoying the beach!

Hildegarde- abs----yes, I need to put that on my list for tonight!

Honored Contributor

Hi all! Did 2.75 mi./33 min. On the treadmill....very humid....and had to stop at times... Patty - you have boundless energy!!!!
Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

Heavy weights done. Almost time for ANW. Patty, lol about your adventure.